your ideal a song of ice and fire ending (merged threads)

Sothoryosdragon

Some kind of Stark reunion in Winterfell among any of Bran, Sansa, Jon and Arya.

Also f R+L=J is true, then a happy ending for me would be Catelyn finding out, because she would be able to die in peace knowing Ned was always faithful.

I hand never thought about that aspect of R+L=J it would be cool to learn her reaction.

Jon (King) Danerys (Queen)

Aegon ???

Rickon or Bran as Lord of the North and Winterfell (nice tie in to first chapter with Bran, makes me think he'll have the last chapter as well)

Tyrion as lord of castery rock, or Hand of the King

Besides just the obvious one of the Stark Children coming together and finding peace, I really really hope that Theon receives a hopeful and happy ending to his story. Basically, he has been shat on and suffered so much that I hope he finally has something epically good coming to him where he redeems himself and finally receives some respect and love.

Tommen not actually dying. feel sorry for the little guy if the prophesy comes to pass, since he hasn't really ever done anything bad that we know of and he had to deal with Joff

I agree whole-heartedly with this- just leave the kid alone and let him play with his kittens

Jon having a wife and son named Robb

Sansa having a son named Edd.

Arya finding peace

Dany finding a place to call home.

Tyrion being lord of Casterly Rock.

Tommen and Myrcella living safely somewhere.

The good guys of Robert's and Ned's generation who survive being safely living the rest of their days.

Don't care if they are kings, or queens, I just want that for them.

Walder Frey lives to see his House decimated and he is stripped of all titles before getting castrated and then hanged.

The Tullys retake Riverrun.

Tommen and Myrcella are killed in their sleep.

Cersei goes batshit crazy and has Robert Strong kill Margaery, Mace Tyrell, Randyll Tarly and Lancel.

Jamie and Cersei kill each other.

Melisandre burns Bowen Marsh and the other conspirators in the assassination attempt on Jon Snow.

Bran heads back to Winterfell with Jojen, Meera, and Hodor.

The Nights Watch, Wildlings, Northmen, and Stannis' men all unite behind the banners of the Starks and Baratheons.

Davos brings Rickon, Osha, and the Skagosi to join Stannis.

Theon dies heroically in the Battle of Winterfell.

The Starks retake Winterfell with the aid of Stannis.

Roose Bolton is forced to watch as Ramsay is flayed alive and the pregnant Fat Walda is beheaded.

Roose Bolton gets eaten alive by the Stark's direwolves.

Victarion is slain in single combat by Barristan Selmy.

Hizdahr zo Loraq and the Sons of the Harpy are roasted alive by Dany's dragons.

Dany reaches Kings Landing and unites with Aegon; Varys is the best man and maid of honor at their wedding.

Barristan Selmy slays Robert Strong in single combat.

Jon Connnington lives to see the Targaryens reclaim the Iron Throne.

Sam becomes the new Maester at Castle Black and begins writing the ASOIAF book series.

Sandor Clegane kills Littlefinger.

Stannis becomes the new lord of Storm's End.

Tyrion becomes Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West but dies without leaving heirs, prompting a Lannister civil war over the lordship.

The BWB all die heriocally (Gendry included).

Edrick Storm founds a new House in the Stormlands.

Davos returns to Rainwood and his familiy.

Euron dies when the Redwyne fleet defeats the Iron fleet.

Asha becomes the new ruler of the Iron Islands, prompting Aeron to enter the Drowned God's watery halls sooner than he anticipated.

The Tyrells and Martells go on with their lives.

Jon Snow defeats the Others but dies as a result.

After securing a Stark victory, Bran returns beyond the Wall and plugs into his tree for good.

Sansa marries Sweetrobin and becomes Lady of the Eyrie.

Arya marries Edrick Dayne and becomes Lady of Starfall.

Rickon becomes the new Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North.

A shift in the forces of nature cause the seasons to change every three months instead of every 3+ years.

So we open on a tournie celebrating the victory of House Targaryen in establishing its rule in Westeros once more.

Aegon VI is wed to Arianne Martell, niece of Elia, and she's given him a whack of kids with an heir to spare.

Sansa Stark is present at the tournie with whoever in the Seven Hells she ends up hitched to.

Arya Stark attends with her sister after being reunited, her list finally cleared of every name she ever prayed to kill as a Faceless Man.

We see Aegon, resplendent as the Dragon Knight in his black steel and rubies, win the final tilt. Aegon picks up the crown of blue winter roses and knees his horse into a brisk trot, moving right past Arianne Martell.

Everyone who has lived long enough to see this scene before starts to panic.

Aegon VI Targaryen, son of Rhaegar, places the crown of winter roses in the lap of Arya Stark, Lyanna Stark come again in looks.

G.R.R.M. cuts the ending there and lets us all scream our heads off as history proves its most important lesson - it repeats.

Jon having a wife and son named Robb

Sansa having a son named Edd.

Arya finding peace

Dany finding a place to call home.

Tyrion being lord of Casterly Rock.

Tommen and Myrcella living safely somewhere.

The good guys of Robert's and Ned's generation who survive being safely living the rest of their days.

Don't care if they are kings, or queens, I just want that for them.

All of those are nice ideas, but "if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

We're probably more likely to see:-

Jon dying in battle against the Others;

Sansa reviled as a kinslayer, for her role in the death of Sweetrobin;

Arya becoming a psycotic killer;

Dany ruling as Aerys III;

Tyrion dying an embittered exile;

Tommen and Myrcella dying screaming in the black cells.

Archived