your ideal a song of ice and fire ending (merged threads)

Sothoryosdragon

Originally I had a really long, elaborate post of things I've mostly already stated I wanted on here. Then I stopped and thought about it and realized whatever GRRM comes up with will be better than whatever would favor the characters I like, even if it makes me cry more.

However, one thing - Oathkeeper and that other sword need to be reforged back into Ice. If this doesn't happen I ragequit the series.

me too! if ice does not go back to the starks, i wont say Fuck GRRM.its a fucking heirloom! i am Ice stark

My Ideal ending would be the remaining Stark children (including Jon, who survived his wounds) + Benjen holding a funeral for Ned, Cat & Robb

although, I don't mind, as long as the Greatjon survives.

Gretjon will escape from the Twins by punching every Frey that was part of the red wedding to death.

Stannis Baratheon doing what he does best; going around Westeros like he's the fucking Terminator.

Dany coming to her senses for some real Fire and Blood.

Jon Snow remembering his a wolf and not a dragon.

A huge clash of Houses, that rages on and on until they realize the real enemy is not a House, it's something else not from this realm. And above all the chaos, the Black Stag of Baratheon sits proudly on the battlefield, dead foes and Others and stuff all around it. And the right King on the Throne!

Originally I had a really long, elaborate post of things I've mostly already stated I wanted on here. Then I stopped and thought about it and realized whatever GRRM comes up with will be better than whatever would favor the characters I like, even if it makes me cry more.

However, one thing - Oathkeeper and that other sword need to be reforged back into Ice. If this doesn't happen I ragequit the series.

me too! if ice does not go back to the starks, i wont say Fuck GRRM.its a fucking heirloom! i am Ice stark

I love this.

Ned: "Happy sixteenth birthday, son. I think it's time I told you about your mother!"

Catelyn: "It was me! Surprise! LOL."

Jon: [speechless]

Ned: [Puches Jon lightly in the shoulder.] "We got you good!"

Catelyn: "I totally remember giving birth to you."

Jon: [speechless]

:bowdown: :lol: That's amazing!!

I'm not sure what my ideal is...but I'd kind of like it if Jon stayed dead but Melisandre attempted to reanimate him or use his body as a puppet (thus Jon will outwardly look like the Night's King) but Bran the Broken will overcome the evil Children and Bloodraven in order to become the hero he was supposed to be. In all of these topics everyone sort of just throws Bran the tree out there like his story will ultimately come to no purpose. Bran, I think, is going to be the most important character because he's been so out of touch with everything going on in Westeros for most of the series. He was unconscious, then seperate from everything, then on the run, and since he's been with the Children he's been having his visions but he has had NO greater impact on anything really, so far. I think Nan's story about the NK being a Stark and only being stopped by his brother was his foreshadow. Bran will know what has happened to Jon's body because he'll be able to share info with him via Ghost (his name is Ghost after all). Jon will slowly fade out, although he will be a big part of Bran's heroics in the finale.

I'm hoping for Bran as King in the North and Jaime as king of everything else. I think Bran and Jaime will have to meet again at some point, also.

I just can't see the point of anything Bran's learning unless it somehow results in him returning as a sorceror/warg/seer supreme.

The Seven Kingdoms split. Evil! Sansa sits as Queen in the North and the Vale. Asha Greyjoy sits the Seastone Chair, Dany sits the Iron Throne.

Myrcella gets Casterly Rock, and the Dornishmen can finally squeeze the sleazy Reachmen from both the Westerlands and Dorne. Fake Aegon gets Dragonstone and is nominated Dany's heir until children are born to her. Stannis gets to remarry to a non-repulsive woman and live out the rest of his days peacefully as Lord of Storm's End and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands. Jon stays in the Wall with Melisandre to combat the Others. Cersei goes into exile with the Crow's Eye.

I don't give a fuck about the Westerlands, but I'd like Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey to keep both the Twins and Riverrun. Whether they bend the knee to Winterfell or the Iron Throne, I don't much care.

I don't really want anyone on the throne -- I think it's time for Westeros to start dividing up into smaller kingdoms. And I would prefer for Tyrion, LF, and Varys to not play a role in the new government(s). Instead, I want the new governments to be mostly comprised of the younger generation, and for reforms to be made. If the ending doesn't include some indication of moving into a new era, I'll be a bit annoyed.

If Sansa hasn't found some form of happiness, I will be very disappointed.

Finally, I don't want Daario to betray Dany. I have a huge soft spot for him (I find him terribly amusing), and I hope he lives.

About a month ago I, on the urging of my IRC allies, came up with a hopeful prediction ending for the series, covering almost every character (the ones I could remember, at least). Too cumbersome to summarize (and definitely too much so to post) here, so I'm linking to a pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/Jthr8WRm

Be warned it is long, and rambling, (and very, very silly).

I have more "serious" hopes and predictions, but people seem to like the above-linked nonsense better so there you are.

A Dream of Spring

Copyright © 2017, George RR Martin

THIS is the best post/best answer, though.

The North, Vale and Riverlands as a united splinter kingdom, held by a Stark-Tully-Arryn alliance, possibly with Iron Island allies.

Asha ruling the Iron Islands.

The Iron Throne destroyed.

Dorne independent under Arianne Martell.

And frankly at this point I don't much care what happens to the other regions, isn't that awful.

I would like Stannis Baratheon to be the one who sits the Iron throne with Edric, Gendry and Shireen as his heris, Rickon Stark Lord of Winterfell & Warden of the North Bran who gives up his claim so he can spend his days in the winterfell godswood with his hart tree, Sansa Arryn Lady of the Vale, Lord Garlan Tyrell Warden of the South, Trystane Martell Prince of Dorne, Edmure Tully Lord of Riverrun, Westrlands - the others take them, I don't care. Iron islands - Asha

Daenerys Targaryen - Queen of Slaver's bay

Jon - Lord Commander of the NW

Arya - Arya Dayne with Hot Pie running the kitchens

A Stark, probably Rickon or (legitimised) Jon Snow as King over the North, the Vale & the Riverlands, probably running the Iron Islands too.

The Royces as Lords Paramount of the Vale, replacing the Arryns or Sansa & Harry rule the Vale

The Tullys, preferably Blackfish as Lord Paramount of the Riverlands

Don't mind particularly who sits the Iron Throne, or if it even survives: Aegon if he's real, or Edric (Storm) Baratheon

I'm neutral on the subject of R+L=J but I want Jon to be a Stark, not a Targ

Daenerys can die somewhere along the way

As can Stannis & his red bitch

Freys destroyed, with Lord Walder surviving just long enough to see his house crash & burn

Ramsay killed by Roose & Roose killed by Theon

Cersei & kids deaded, Cersei killed by Jaime

Jaime & Brienne live happy ever after fuck no, they can both die, I dislike Brienne

Not sure if I'm all that bothered who Azor Ahai will be...

Old Gods are the prominent religion in the North-Kingdom

Red Rahloo can fuck off back where he came from

Ironborn take up worship of the Old Gods, abandoning that dick of a Drowned God and his CPR-trained priests

The North, Vale and Riverlands as a united splinter kingdom, held by a Stark-Tully-Arryn alliance, possibly with Iron Island allies.

Asha ruling the Iron Islands.

The Iron Throne destroyed.

Dorne independent under Arianne Martell.

And frankly at this point I don't much care what happens to the other regions, isn't that awful.

I think you meant:

Empress Daenerys Targaryen unites Westeros and Essos into one kingdom and renames it Targarya. Grateful for saving them from the WW, the northerners begin to call their former kingdom Danyville.

;)

It'd be nice if the former tightness returned instead of the stalling-for-time feel of the last two. Hopefully, there was a clear outline for the beginning and for the end, and it was just this middle section that drifted on him a bit due to the 5-year-gap being removed and the series getting extended. Characters need to come back from the four corners of the earth to enable the finale to pinball between their POVs better. Just a really nice roller coaster ride of one thing after another with that feeling of designed chaos to it. That's the main thing, that blockbuster feel. The specifics are fun to speculate about, but they can be whatever, so long as it rocks.

It'd be nice if the former tightness returned instead of the stalling-for-time feel of the last two. Hopefully, there was a clear outline for the beginning and for the end, and it was just this middle section that drifted on him a bit due to the 5-year-gap being removed and the series getting extended. Characters need to come back from the four corners of the earth to enable the finale to pinball between their POVs better. Just a really nice roller coaster ride of one thing after another with that feeling of designed chaos to it. That's the main thing, that blockbuster feel. The specifics are fun to speculate about, but they can be whatever, so long as it rocks.

This!

AFFC and ADWD really loaded up the buzzkill a bit.

About a month ago I, on the urging of my IRC allies, came up with a hopeful prediction ending for the series, covering almost every character (the ones I could remember, at least). Too cumbersome to summarize (and definitely too much so to post) here, so I'm linking to a pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/Jthr8WRm

Be warned it is long, and rambling, (and very, very silly).

I have more "serious" hopes and predictions, but people seem to like the above-linked nonsense better so there you are.

BRANJON! :D

I want at least one reunion scene between the remaining Starks, I think it would be too sad if they all never see each other again. This is my biggest wish.

Also I wish that the ending will be sort of balanced out. I don't want it to be overwhelmingly negative and destructive without any glimmer of hope, but of course anything too happy would not be fitting either. If it is bittersweet as GRRM hinted I think I'll be fine with that.

Archived