your ideal a song of ice and fire ending (merged threads)

Sothoryosdragon

It is truly a time for wolves, in the North the Jon takes his mother's name reigns as Lord of Winterfell, in The Riverlands Rickon is Lord of Riverrun, in The Vale Harry Arryn reigns while Sansa truly rules, Arya becomes a Robin Hood-esque figure, and on the Iron Throne, unknown to anyone save Varys, Ned Stark's bastard sits on the Iron Throne.

• 1 month later...

So I haven't been through this entire thread so this may have been brought up already but here it goes. I think GRRM is a total feminist a heart, so I think in the end, Westeros will be ruled by women. I haven't worked out what will happen to all of the significant male characters yet but I have 2 theories on what I think will happen to the females. They may keep the system of the ruling houses of the 7 kingdoms with Dany being Queen. Or, as gratitude to the Starks (Bran, Arya, and Jon will all have a role in the upcoming war on the wall) Dany will split the kingdom in 2, a Queendom of the North and one of the South.

FIRST THEORY

-Dany will become Queen of Westeros. She will obviously help with the war north of the wall, for she is fire and the Others are Ice. The people will love her... (you get the picture), and becomes queen.

-Sansa Stark will be Protector of the Mountain and Vale. Who knows what will happen with the whole LF and HtH plot but somehow she will gain the Eyrie. Additionally, since Nymeria is in the Riverlands, Arya will come into the picture and with Nymeria, they will help Sansa take Riverrun from the Freys. The people will ban for Sansa (being a Tully and all) and the Riverlands will become part of the Kingdom of the Mountain and Vale.

-Arya Stark will become Protector of the North. She will return home, since Sansa will already have her own Queendom. With battle experience from helping Sansa with the Riverlands she and Nymeria will take back the North from the Boltons.

-Asha Greyjoy will be Protector of the Iron Isle. Euron and Victorian will both die at the hand of Dany. Asha will take the Seastone Chair.

-Mycella Lannister will be Protector of the Westerlands. Somewhat self explanatory since she will be the only female lannister left. (That is assuming Cersi dies or gets her head lopped off. God I hope that happens!)

-Shireen Baratheon will be Protector of the Stormlands. She is the only female Baratheon left and will rule their traditional lands and seat.

-Margaery Tyrell will be Protector of the Reach. Dany will conqueror before Margaery officially makes herself Queen. She will step down because the Tyrells have always been loyal to the Targaryens.

-Arianne Martell will be Princess of Dorne.

SECOND THEORY

My second theory is that after the battle on the wall with the Others, the kingdom will be split in 2. A Kingdom of the North and a Kingdom of the south. As mentioned above, the starks will play a major role in defeating the Others and Dany will be greatful. Jon will most likely warg and be able to control and Ice Dragon and help eliminate the others. Dany will offer Jon her hand in marriage and Jon will say no and remain loyal to the nights watch. Instead, she will offer to split the kingdom in two. The Starks, most likely Sansa will be Queen of the North (representing ice) and she will remain Queen of the South (representing fire). The Northern kingdom will consist of the north, the iron islands, the vale and the riverlands. The southern kingdom will be the westerlands, the stormlands, the reach, and dorne. The other major characters will fall into the Protectors of each of these kingdoms and some will be members of each of the small councils.

So that's it!

Northerners and Stannis will kill Boltons.

Sansa kills Littlefinger.

Shireen will die. GNC is true and northeners will kill Stannis. Stannis will come back as Night's King. Jon (Azor Ahai) will kill Stannis.

Tommen and Myrcella will die. Jaime will kill Cersei and himself.

Arya will die. Sansa , Jon and Rickon will reunite. Bran will stay a tree.

Daenerys will kill Aegon.

Freys are doomed.

Something like that.

Dany and Aegon make peace to avoid a stupid war. Aegon takes the IT. Dany goes back to Essos and carves a large empire for herself there.

Littlefinger keeps Harrenhal and the Vale and is the most powerful lord in seven kingdoms outside the king.

Arya becomes master executioner of the realm.

Bran takes Winterfell and Rickon lives with him.

Sansa tries to betray LF but is outsmarted by him and killed.

Tyrion becomes hand of the king and gets CR.

Jaime gets a heroic death saving Brienne who joins the new King's guard. Cersei gets a painful death. Tommen&Myr are allowed to live but with no titles or power (or maybe are killed to fill the prophecy but I kind of want them to live).

The Others prove to be not as big a threat as people thought. Maybe they are pushed back beyond the wall by Bran. My preference is that Jon's death is real but if he lives he just stays as LC of the NW and settles some of the wildlings in The Gift like he wants.

Stannis and Melissandre are executed after Stan is one of the few who refuse to except the new king's rule.

my boring ideal perfect ending:

Brienne and Jaime staying alive together at the end and go home to Tarth, to stay till the end of days.

Or die protecting each other while protecting Sansa (I'd prefer Brienne to die first so I could see Jaime's reaction). Either one of them would kill Littlefinger.

*shipper who cares about very little else beyond J/B*

Jon Snow reveals himself as Prince that was Promised, sings (?) the Song of Ice and Fire, Longclaw somehow turns into Lightbringer, then Jon sacrifices himself to protect the seven kingdoms from the Others invasion.

Arya comes back to Westeros, kills Cersei, kills nearly everyone on her hit list, sees Sansa and Jon Snow one last time, looks on Winterfell one last time, then goes off in a ship to join Faceless Men and eventually become their leader.

Danaerys dies because of dumb decision. Jorah dies with her. Aegon dies long before that. Jon Connington kills himself in anguish.

The Iron Throne goes to the Tyrells. Willas, preferrably. But the crowning will be anticlimatic and boring, just a passing mention, like a footnote in the ending.

Rickon lives on to reclaim Winterfell.

dany is secretly tysha ...

and also was watching the terminator the other day andwas thinking about coldhands being a wighty jon coming back from the future to save bran the leader of the resistance cause all the valyrian steel and dragon shit just rebel cause valyrians didnt die in some silly doom they carefull orchestrated some sort of suprise blitzkrieg from the north down and the Targs just didnt get the memo cause they werent in the right clique ..... Trip over

IT: Daenerys and Jon (legitimized as Rhaeger's son) and they manage to have children.In their Kingsguard there is Arya,Brienne,Loras,Barristan (lord commander),Jorah,Bailon Swan and Missandei's brother.Sam is the Grand Meister.

North:Rickon lord of the North.Boltons dead.

Riverlands: Edmure Tully as lord of Riverrun with his wife and child alive.All Freys dead and stripped of their title and castle.The Twins will be offered to Missandei who will be named Lady of the Riverlands.Catelyn will find the peace of death knowing her remaining children are safe and the Freys dead.

Vale:LF dead and SR rules with the help of Harry.

Westlands:Cersei is going mad and killed by Jaime who then commits suicide after having redeimed himself.Tommen survives and rules as Lord of Casterly Rock.

Stormlands:Stannis alies himself with Jon Targaryen and after the war receives the Stormlands his birthright.Mel is sacrificed to revive Jon.Davos still serves Stannis.

Dragonstone:Aegon after being understanding he has been manipulated by Illiyrio and Varys allies with Dany and becomes lord of Dragonstone with Arianne as his wife.Jon Con dies.

Reach:House Tyrell is stripped off Highgarden and Sansa becomes Lady of the Reach.Most Tyrells are dead during the war.

Dorne:Trystan with Myrsella rule Dorne.

Iron Islands: Only Asha survives from all Greyjoys and becomes queen of the Iron Islands.Theon helps in the survival of the Starks and dies having redeemed himself.

Essos:Tyrion finds Tysha and lives in one of the Free Cities with her.

TBH, I don't even know what I would want. I'm very torn on many characters yet I have no idea who I think befits the Iron Throne (Well, we all certainly know it's not gonna' end well!). There are so many other endings that could involve the Iron Throne melting down possibly, the dragons growing completely out of control, the Others wreaking havoc, monarchy being dissolved and becoming a democracy (Thanks to NCW for bringing that idea to the table!), ushering a new era for Westeros, even Westeros itself could sink into the sea (though it would be too much of a cop out)! GRRM has said he already knows how it will end and the endings of all the principal characters have been thought out. Nevertheless, you guys shouldn't really worry about GRRM dying before completing the series. He looks very healthy and lively, and even if he does die (god forbid), David Benioff and D.B. Weiss know the ending as well, so we will see an ending to ASOIAF one way or the other.

Bran: Stays in the North, becomes the eyes beyond the wall for Winterfell and Castle Black.

Cate: Dies getting vengence on the Frey's

Dany & Aegon: Win IT

Jon: King of the North (Beyond the Wall)

Arya: Winterfell Master of Whispers

Sansa: Lady of the Vale

Littlefinger: Gravity issues

Rickon: Lord of Winterfell

Tyrion: Dany/Aegons Hand

Stannis: Dies defending wall vs Others

Mel: Likewise

Jamie: AA (after killing Cersei)

Brienne: Knight of the Vale

• Jon stays dead forever.

Dany has a bunch more chapters in Essos and then dies without ever going to Westeros.

Tyrion and Tysha reunite and remarry.

Aegon reclaims the throne as the last true Targaryen.

Dany and Jon marry.*

The Others and wights are dealt with by shipping them to Slaver's Bay.

Jon's real mother was Catelyn all along.

Stannis doesn't get to be king, but is compensated by marrying Sansa.

It turns out Benjen Stark was killed when he slipped and fell off the wall.

Every other remaining chapters much be either a Dornish or Ironborn or Essos POV.

*This will occur in a series of POVs set in an alternate universe that turns out to be purgatory or heaven or something.

:lmao: Good one!

MeikoElektra, on 22 Aug 2012 - 8:18 PM, said:

Marillion singing "Always look on the bright side of life" while Jon Snow, mistaken by characters and readers alike for Azor Ahai, dies slowly on the end of a rope in King's Landing.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

i want stannis on the IT, bran as king in the north with rickon as lord of the dreadfort. sansa as lady of the vale and/or riverlands. tommen as lord of the rock. edric storm as lord of storms end.

will it happen? no.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived