Jon Snow's Death?

The Promised Prince

Th most compelling argument to him warging Ghost comes from a Mel POV when she sees Jon in her fires and she says, "Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again." I honestly don't think it gets more straight-forward than that. Below is the entire quote in context.

The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half-seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again. But the skulls were here as well, the skulls were all around him. Melisandre had seen his danger before, had tried to warn the boy of it. Enemies all around him, daggers in the dark. He would not listen.

From ADWD Mel POV

I have a crazy theory.

If Jon ends up as a Wight, I think Dany could ''fix'' him. If she gets Drogon to crispify him, and he emerges 'cleansed' from the flames, like Dany does in GoT.. (Yes, this does sort of depend on the R+L=J theory in which I am a staunch believer.. : P )

Th most compelling argument to him warging Ghost comes from a Mel POV when she sees Jon in her fires and she says, "Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again." I honestly don't think it gets more straight-forward than that. Below is the entire quote in context.

From ADWD Mel POV

!!! Wow this is great evidence! Thanks for looking that up. I feel better about thinking he will warg and be reborn now, haha

Jon Snow is not dead by any meanings, this is just another red herring from GRRM.

The options I have in mind for explanations are the following:

1.- He might be dreaming of "the future" or taking a look at Mel's vision, assisted by her. Explained later on another chapter (If that's the case).

2.- If the staves are real, I'm pretty sure Mel will get him fixed, just as Morroqo cured Victarion, thats one of the reasons for Mel to stay at the wall instead of following her beloved king. That was meant to happen and she was meant to be there for him.

3.- Orrr it was just a play, aided by his council to get him out of the map, so he can take Winterfell by surprise.

Jon isn't dead, he isn't warged into Ghost (unless he's in a Bran-style coma), and he's not going to be resurrected by Mel. Its pretty clear that Ser Patrek of King's Mountain was trying to sneak up to see Val and give her the old King's Mountain shuffle. Val's probably going to slit his throat, but Wun Wun somehow gets in the way, and Ser Patrek the asshart antagonizes the giant. He's probably inspired by the story of Ser Godry "The Giantslayer" Farring and think its easy. Instead, he gets turned into Wun Wun's rattle and the other Queen's Men rush to kill the "beast". Bowen Marsh and the other stewards and builders, for the first time the majority of men of the watch, who don't spend time in the woods, who don't ever interact with wildlings, and who don't believe in the Others, despite what just happened, see this as their chance to follow the Bowen Marsh plan, seal off the Wall and hope for good things. Jon gets grazed by Wick, stabbed two more times, and falls. Then, something that we don't understand yet happens.

But one thing that is important is Jon feels COLD. Fire consumes, but the cold preserves.

Ah yes, Jon Snow dying permanently. The event that would make the fandom roar in anger and render 4 book's worth of character development and foreshadowing worthless. We have dismissed that claim.

I say Meli is going to help him along somehow, and Jon will become special in some way because of it. Then he'll die in the finale. Mark me words.

• 2 weeks later...

From ADWD Mel POV

I agree this is for shadowing that he will more than likely be in ghost for a little while. it doesn't get any plainer than that.

Jon's alive Martin already said Jon will find out about his parents before the series ends. Dead men do not have conversations about their parents. Jon is probably in a coma from the nick to his coratid artery, wargged into Ghost and that will make for some intresting POV's. Think about it, he will find out what everyone thinks about him. I don't think he warrged into ghost because he died I think it will be as an accident and he may be stuck for a time. That is going to give him a chance to hear things people would not normally say in front of him. As readers think about the world of info we will get and it's like a mass POV for everyone at the wall.

The Wildlings will probably take care of Jon. Considering the support they Just gave Jon, and the numbers they have on the watch Marsh and his cronnies are probably going down fast and hard. Val is probably on her way down, as they are fighting right in front of her tower, and my guess is Mel went to let Ghost out when she saw he did not have him at the Kights Hall. She probably figured he was safe in a hall with 200 Wildlings for a short time.

I don't really see yet another kiss of fire or Zombie thrall Jon. Both have been done in the books multiple times already, it gets a little repetative and pointless. Plus Martin is not a fan of the killing and brining them back alive and normal move. Zombie Jon basically ends his story but would never conclude it. Plus again, your basically using a repetative plot device over and over at that point.

So in my opinion, Jon is down but not out and we are going to get Ghost POV.

Probably because he was stabbed at minimum 4 times. You don't usually see people survive that kind of thing.

Actually people survive that a lot more than you would think, particularly if they are covered in many many layers and it is cold outside. Plus he wasn't stabbed four times, at best it was three, the first was just a scratch.

I have a very dark thought concerning this topic.

Does everyone remember the big boar-thing that some wildling guy was walking round with? I remember it hated Ghost, and Jon was worried if they got too close they'd fight. Remember Jon heard Ghost howling, and said "Ghost" before he went down?

I'm also a believer that Jon's alive (and R+L=J, so he's just too important).

I'm very scared that maybe Ghost died.

This may mean that Jon could take Ghost into him. I don't know, its never been mentioned what happens to the Wrag if the animal dies.

But it would leave Jon open to being a Dragon-rider.

If you look at the Appendix of aDwD (the character list, that is) GRRM put deceased people in braces--> { }

Jon isn't in braces. *Crosses fingers*

Ser Kevan Lannister also isn't in braces, let me point that out.

But even though I pointed that out, I believe in the fact that Jon Snow lives.

I have a very dark thought concerning this topic.

Does everyone remember the big boar-thing that some wildling guy was walking round with? I remember it hated Ghost, and Jon was worried if they got too close they'd fight. Remember Jon heard Ghost howling, and said "Ghost" before he went down?

I'm also a believer that Jon's alive (and R+L=J, so he's just too important).

I'm very scared that maybe Ghost died.

This may mean that Jon could take Ghost into him. I don't know, its never been mentioned what happens to the Wrag if the animal dies.

But it would leave Jon open to being a Dragon-rider.

Ghost didn't howl, he still has yet to make a single sound. Also, I'm quite sure he is not dead either (Ghost or Jon). We are most likely going to get a PoV of Jon warged into Ghost it seems.

If you look at the Appendix of aDwD (the character list, that is) GRRM put deceased people in braces--> { }

Jon isn't in braces. *Crosses fingers*

The various appendices also state that Jon is Eddard's bastard son and, not to put too fine a point on it, they state that Joffrey is Robert's son. The appendices don't mean shit. :D

Archived