TTTNE 360: Snarks abounding

Buckwheat

AFAIK, pMG had been raised to lordship by GRRM himself.

Have you noticed Lany sports a "Ser" title in her name as well? She succesfully completed a quest designated by George and got knighted after. I think Pebble is a Knight too? (I know Mina is)

You get your lordship after completing your second quest... So I'm wondering if pMG was raised to Princedom by the Man himself after a third quest.

Oh, pMG does this mean you belong to a Dornish house?

:wideeyed: I never knew this. I kneel before the Prince.

But not everybody who styles themselves Lady/Lord/Ser/King/Zar or similar on the forums was knighted by GRRM, right? Or did he grant your Zarship too?

:wideeyed: I never knew this. I kneel before the Prince.

But not everybody who styles themselves Lady/Lord/Ser/King/Zar or similar on the forums was knighted by GRRM, right? Or did he grant your Zarship too?

What Zarship? Zar is not my title, though I'd like to be a Ward in the West... Or a New King of the Rock :ninja:

I assume most of the newer users do not know this... So I'd guess a few people out there are self titled Hedge Knights or Lords like Varys (with no Lands and titles)

What Zarship? Zar is not my title, though I'd like to be a Ward in the West... Or a New King of the Rock :ninja:

I assume most of the newer users do not know this... So I'd guess a few people out there are self titled Hedge Knights or Lords like Varys (with no Lands and titles)

Yeah, my point is, you cannot know who has prince/lord/whatever in their username or title because they were knighted by GRRM, and who just named themselves that (probably without knowing it).

Hedge Knight is a title at some point when one has x posts, before they can change their titles themselves, I think.

The title, well before this year George would knight boarders at Worldcon who went out late at night on a quest to collect food. This granted you the style Ser or Dame and have the right to a custom title on the board whether you had reached 751 posts or not.

You would then need to attend three Worldcons to be raised to Lord or Lady. Five Worldcons for Prince or Princess and finally Seven Worldcons to be King or Queen.

The large numbers of boarders that attend these days and certain other factors mean that the knightings can no longer take place, hence the introduction of Free Companies. I don't know what the plan is for raising Free Company members that attend multiple Worldcons, perhaps you'll attain ranks, Serjeant, Lieutenant, Captain or Lord Commander perhaps. But I believe the whole Lord/Prince/King thing remains in place for everyone that was knighted prior to the changeover.

Thus Chicago was my fifth Worldcon hence the name change. Although it was not conferred upon me in an official way by George himself. Largely because it was forgotten about, but anyway there we go.

Yeah, my point is, you cannot know who has prince/lord/whatever in their username or title because they were knighted by GRRM, and who just named themselves that (probably without knowing it).

Well, I never assumed that, I just mentioned Lany's case because it's another one that I know of. It's pretty safe to conclude it would be difficult that of all 50k users in this board, those sporting a noble/knightly title in their nickname to have met George in a Con to get knighted and such. :dunno:

And I was being snarky about the users being Hedge Knights (have you read the Dunk & Egg stories?), guess that didn't come out right :unsure:

Well, I never assumed that, I just mentioned Lany's case because it's another one that I know of. It's pretty safe to conclude it would be difficult that of all 50k users in this board, those sporting a noble/knightly title in their nickname to have met George in a Con to get knighted and such. :dunno:

And I was being snarky about the users being Hedge Knights (have you read the Dunk & Egg stories?), guess that didn't come out right :unsure:

Nah, it did not. :)

I have not read them, I am telling myself for a long time now that I need to, but have not come to it till now ... :wacko:

:grouphug: for you and everybody else - if that was not just for titanconers?

Of course not! It was for all the TTTNE'ers.

I got the feeling many of us were missing eachothers points a few times over in the last pages.

Morning spam.

Finally getting adjusted to working out again. Definitely can't run or swim the distance I was last year, yet, but I'm getting closer.

:grouphug: for everyone.

And anyone who hasn't read the Dunk and Egg stories should do so stat! You will learn why Dunk and Egg are awesome and why Lady Rohanne Webber is one of the most kick ass chics in the series ;)

Archived