TTTNE 360: Snarks abounding

Buckwheat

Morning spam.

Finally getting adjusted to working out again. Definitely can't run or swim the distance I was last year, yet, but I'm getting closer.

:grouphug: for everyone.

And anyone who hasn't read the Dunk and Egg stories should do so stat! You will learn why Dunk and Egg are awesome and why Lady Rohanne Webber is one of the most kick ass chics in the series ;)

Right there with ya Tammy. I did an hour of uphill walking (this is usually a relaxing workout for me) and some weights - and omg am I sore today!! I must be much more out of shape than I thought :(

So lots more working out for me now that the heat is starting to break.

And the D&E novellas are so awesome. I found Warriors at b&n online in the clearance section for less than $5. I'm kicking myself for not buying all of them. For that price I could just mail them to people not able to find them anymore.

Have an awesome day Spammers - thanks for the help yesterday - it really makes a difference and I appreciate it!

:grouphug:

Hugs, kisses and lots of tickles!

Right there with ya Tammy. I did an hour of uphill walking (this is usually a relaxing workout for me) and some weights - and omg am I sore today!! I must be much more out of shape than I thought :(

Let me add my voice to the chorus of "getting back into a workout is humbling" - I did push-ups Monday and 90 minutes of yardwork yesterday and man am I sore. Yoga and treadmill tonight - hopefully that'll loosen up those sore muscles.

I have 6 weeks to make some progress - any progress - before my cousin's wedding. (Yes, another cousin is getting married...)

Congrats to the Goat for his new title! And for all his hard work making TitanCon such a success. :bowdown:

Back to work...

Nah, it did not. :)

I have not read them, I am telling myself for a long time now that I need to, but have not come to it till now ... :wacko:

Well we need to start a campaigning about you reading the Hedge Knight. it's the shortest of the Dunk & Egg Stories, and the first one.

Let me add my voice to the chorus of "getting back into a workout is humbling" - I did push-ups Monday and 90 minutes of yardwork yesterday and man am I sore. Yoga and treadmill tonight - hopefully that'll loosen up those sore muscles.

I have 6 weeks to make some progress - any progress - before my cousin's wedding. (Yes, another cousin is getting married...)

Well, I had a little go about this on General Chatter (Exercise and Fitness), and I was referred to the C25k program (Couch to 5K) to drag people out of their couch potato modes and get them back in to shape (I can't for my life Play Tennis anymore, I'm exhausted 10 minutes after starting).

The C25K schedule is available online for free and seems like a pretty comprehensive program (only done 3 times a week, and just about the recommended exercise amount by Doctors). I haven't started because my left foot is a bit bruised from a misstep (nothing bad, really). But I'm going to be trying to get back in line. I'm going to print that schedule and paste it in my bedroom door so I see it every day.

Thanks SS! I will pass your well-wishes along to her. :D

Zar - Hope you heal quickly, kiddo. That's a great idea. I'll have to look it up. My plan is to rely less on the treadmill and more on getting my ass out of bed early enough to walk the dog. We used to do 2.5 miles in about a half hour every morning and again after work. Sadly, that is a distant memory. If I can get back to walking her even once a day while adding yoga in, I'll get back to a healthy weight without too much trouble. That's the plan, at least.

Posting about it here makes me responsible for keeping up with it! Thanks, spammers! :kiss:

I find that I'm a nicer person when I stick to my running and swimming schedule. I basically work off my annoyances in the gym and don't take them out on other people. I don't know why I didn't keep it up this year but with all the family stuff going on, I just couldn't bring myself to do anything really. I feel tons better within just a couple of weeks.

Hey Elg! How are the preparations for the family coming along?

i spent about 2 hours on sunday trying to put together a changing table, at which point i gave up lol. i guess i had been lulled into a sense of security with cheap furniture assembly as the last few items we have purchased were super simple to put together. this however is a whole different beast, tiny diagrams, terse commands, a huge variety of different sized and headed screws, etc. I think i will conquer it on sunday though. other than that we are just watching them bake :)

you pesto sounds tasty Sci, i will be having leftover lentils

Just yesterday I was looking up buying them on Amazon. The prices are...exorbitant to say the least. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0785125787/ref=sr_1_11_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1348672489&sr=8-11&keywords=the+hedge+knight&condition=new

Check out the compilation books. I know one is called Warriors and I can't remember what the others are - but they have all the D&E stories in each respective book along with other fantasy novellas. Much cheaper than $400 :shocked:

And while I am doing a quick little flyby:

Elder Sis:

Hope you are having fun with ES jr. (hee hee pun intended) and hope to hear from you soon!

Bai: hope all is going well with your folks!

Newsun: I bet you did really well on your exam :)

Sci! Haven't seen ya around so hugs to you and your pesto!

Ok gotta run!

Archived