Think Cersei would do it all again?

The Frosted King

Honest question: does Cersei strike you as the sort of person to tell Ned that his friend raped her? She shies away from his question about the bruise Robert gave her in front of Ned.

when being confronted by your husband's best friend about cheating on him and giving birth to bastards? yes, that strikes me as the most opportune time to tell ned about rape.

eta:

Ned touched her cheek gently. "Has he done this before"?

"Once or twice." She shied away from his hand.

she doesn't shy away from answering the question and goes on to explain it was never in the face. cersei is not shy during that meaning with ned.

when being confronted by your husband's best friend about cheating on him and giving birth to bastards? yes, that strikes me as the most opportune time to tell ned about rape.

She would not reveal something that clearly portrays her as a victim-throughout the interview she is brazenly defiant and proud. It is a trait she displays throughout the books-when cornered she will resort to pity as the very last resort-her first instinct is to fight.

She does plead victimhood with the high septon after spending several sleepless days cold and hungry and isolated but it was not her first, second or even third instinct.

How many times did robert hit her? Had he hit her before that time with ned?

not that we, the readers, "see" but she says he has. and robert replies that she knows just how to provoke him after he does it in front of ned, implying that he's done it before.

How many times did robert hit her? Had he hit her before that time with ned?

I can remember two-once in front of Ned, once when she threatened Myra if he brought Myra to court:

Her husband’s by-blows had his look as well, though at least Robert had the grace to keep them out of sight. Once, after that sorry business with the cat, he had made some noises about bringing some baseborn daughter of his to court. “Do as you please,” she’d told him, “but you may find that the city is not a healthy place for a growing girl.” The bruise those words had won her had been hard to hide from Jaime, but they heard no more about the bastard girl. Catelyn

not that we, the readers, "see" but she says he has. and robert replies that she knows just how to provoke him after he does it in front of ned, implying that he's done it before.

Oh ok, I geuss robert really was bad. I dont know why but I never thought it was a recurring thing, not that it would be ok if he did it only once.

She would not reveal something that clearly portrays her as a victim-throughout the interview she is brazenly defiant and proud. It is a trait she displays throughout the books-when cornered she will resort to pity as the very last resort-her first instinct is to fight.

She does plead victimhood with the high septon after spending several sleepless days cold and hungry and isolated but it was not her first, second or even third instinct.

however, having her admit to ned that she is upset by robert calling for lyanna does make her look like a victim. what's more, her description of the situation matches later descriptions of the night. i am not saying she doesn't hate him for the abuse however, it all started and ended on their wedding night.

Second one's a death threat :dunno:

Maybe a new thread is necessary for a look into the Cersei-Robert dynamic as opposed to the OP's question.

we've had those and, like all threads about characters interacting, it doesn't go well......

however, having her admit to ned that she is upset by robert calling for lyanna does make her look like a victim. what's more, her description of the situation matches later descriptions of the night. i am not saying she doesn't hate him for the abuse however, it all started and ended on their wedding night.

Robert calling her Lyanna doesn't signify victimhood but wounded pride. It's a slight on her and she uses it to tell Ned that his friend never loved/tried to love her.

To admit to having been violated the way Cersei was is difficuult for most women and not just Cersei.

Robert calling her Lyanna doesn't signify victimhood but wounded pride. It's a slight on her and she uses it to tell Ned that his friend never loved/tried to love her.

To admit to having been violated the way Cersei was is difficuult for most women and not just Cersei.

actually she uses it to explain why she hates him. it is the only time she even mentions robert in the entire scene. otherwise, she talks about her love for jaime and her children. then she attempts to seduce ned.

Cersei's hate for Robert began the moment she realized she was betrothed to him, IMO.

Also, didn't Cersei screw Jaime the morning of her wedding? Or am I imagining this? I honestly can't remember.

Cersei's hate for Robert began the moment she realized she was betrothed to him, IMO.

She was actually thrilled to marry him-she even recalls being "wet" on their wedding night.

Also, didn't Cersei screw Jaime the morning of her wedding? Or am I imagining this? I honestly can't remember.

She gave Jaime a goodbye fuck before her wedding, yes?

she did sleep with jaime. i don't know if she hated robert from the start. i do think it started with robert's slip of the tongue. that's a tough one to ignore, tbh.

Archived