Confessions: Game Edition v.3

Florina Laufeyson

I live in a country where 50% of women are in absolute awe of a smutty piece of Twilight fanfiction, where the author used Ctl - Find - Replace in order to get around the issue of plagarism. My novel, which incorporates influences as far ranging as Shakespeare, Ovid, Du Maurier and GRRM, will surely stand the scrutiny.

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind reading a classier version of Stephenie Meyer and E.L. James in the checkout line.

I'm one of the OPs for the Tyrion reread (with Lum and Rag), and it's been the most difficult thing to have to write about-- all of those questions you're asking come up basically each chapter, and the answers do not lead to anything good. The issue of Tyrion's victimization-victimizer in particular has been the hardest line to walk in my entire experience on this forum. It's just exhausting. But if you're interested, that thread (in the reread section) goes into the furthest depth of Tywin's character I think I've seen on here (and may explain why I keep writing strongly worded posts in all these Tywin threads).

I've read portions of that thread and found it to be quite pleasing to my mind. :)

The answers never lead back to anything good, but there are answers to the questions. I find it extremely difficult to discuss many of the deplorable actions of many of the characters. When you take a step back to appreciate the gravity of the issues we are discussing, sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. When I found myself harshly judging characters based on my own preconceived notions I had to re-evaluate my opinions; especially Cersei, Catelyn, Theon, and Sansa. Now I try to view the characters from a neutral standpoint and it helps a great deal when I discuss/analyze them. Tywin has always been a hard one for me too, so I totally understand why you write such strongly worded post in those threads. Just try to separate those that are excusing the behavior from those that are discussing the behavior as it relates to Westeros and Tywin's thoughts. It can often be a hard distinction to make, but it's there. :)

Also, I confess I think Lummel might have rigged things so that I end up with all the Tyrion-Sansa interaction chapters for that thread (those are very painful to have to analyze).

I agree. :bawl:

I confess:

I LOVE Stannis!!! :wub:

but....

I loathe his burnings...so very much! :bang:

I get frustrated when it's automatically assumed that I approve of his burnings simply because I choose to discuss his reasoning for doing it. I have been attacked many times for discussing the reasoning behind the burnings because the posters around me were condoning the burnings. It's unfair. :crying:

I confess, when I get upset on the forum I go to my happy place and chant, "Rainbows and unicorns...rainbows and unicorns...RAINBOWS and UNICORNS. Then...BOOM!...instant happiness. :D

I confess, when I get upset on the forum I go to my happy place and chant, "Rainbows and unicorns...rainbows and unicorns...RAINBOWS and UNICORNS. Then...BOOM!...instant happiness. :D

Good idea, I will have to try this. I usually dont get upset on the forum, but if I ever do, I will try this. Live and let live right? :cool4:

I confess I really want to know more about valyria even though I dislike them.

Me too! They fascinate me. :cheers:

I confess, at first I did not like eddard, I dont know why but I had a weird feeling about him, like he was to perfect.

Say what??? :huh:

What action of his would need whitewashing? He has like, no flaws.

His honor is a major flaw...weird isn't it? ;)

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind reading a classier version of Stephenie Meyer and E.L. James in the checkout line.

I think we all would. I confess it turns my stomach to think they're the type of female writers who are doing well as authors now. I wish to hark back to a former time, when women wrote quality fiction.

I confess, I really couldn't give two figs for Rickon or Bran.

Good idea, I will have to try this. I usually dont get upset on the forum, but if I ever do, I will try this. Live and let live right? :cool4:

I get upset all the time! Especially in the Stannis threads...oh boy! :angry2:

And when people misjudge Jon, Bran, Eddard, and...wait for it............Dany!

I think we all would. I confess it turns my stomach to think they're the type of female writers who are doing well as authors now. I wish to hark back to a former time, when women wrote quality fiction.

I confess I didn't realize we were in an age where women don't generally write quality fiction. Just a quick browse through the literary awards lists reveals women are doing exceptionally well. As an author, I'm surprised you don't read more. I'm not sure if you've taken any writing classes, but the first lesson in writing is always to read, and read widely.

Tywin has always been a hard one for me too, so I totally understand why you write such strongly worded post in those threads. Just try to separate those that are excusing the behavior from those that are discussing the behavior as it relates to Westeros and Tywin's thoughts. It can often be a hard distinction to make, but it's there. :)

I'm not sure I was the one who had trouble doing this as it pertains, or that contextualizing as Medieval atrocities means much in a modern series. If anything, I kept trying to get people to disaggregate this issue until I finally snapped.

I'm not sure I was the one who had trouble doing this as it pertains, or that contextualizing as Medieval atrocities means much in a modern series. If anything, I kept trying to get people to disaggregate this issue until I finally snapped.

I wasn't saying you did this Bumps!; only to try not to let it happen since it's so easy to do.

I just read the end of that thread...your frustration was understandable.

Because my name is Cersei Lannister. I just don't find his story very interesting. I did, until he left Winterfell, because what he was observing at that time was interesting enough. But ever since his story has been very sparse and a lot of the content has been folklore and tales about deceased characters. A recent editor of the first chapter of my novel really criticised me because for the first three/four paragraphs Evelyn was only observing. He said it was really hard to know Evelyn or find her interesting, when she's just watching and thinking about what she's watching. I agree, and I changed it. She's very much a woman of action in the rest of the novel, so why is she sat observing at the start? But for Bran, ever since his fall, he's been nothing but the observer. As a greenseer under this cave, all he will do is observe the past. I can't connect with a character that is so passive in this way. Not when you compare him to someone like Jaime, who is so active and present in every chapter.

I see your point and it makes perfect sense. Personally, I am very interested in the fantasy aspects of the Starks, especially the Kings of Winter. I love Bran's chapters because they give me more information to develop more theories I feel that Bran has a big part to play in the fantasy aspect of the story so I adore him.

I know, thats weird right? I just had this odd feeling like something wasnt right about him, it whent away though as I finnished the first bran chapter.

I confess, he did brush me the wrong way during the beginning due to the be-heading. I guess it's because we as readers knew why Garrett had run away from the Night's Watch.

Archived