NFL 2012 Week 18 - Wildcard Week: Will your Head Coach survive?

Mexal

Okay, I just had to Wiki Jared Allen because he announced his college as "Culinary Academy." Has he done that before? I can't remember.

I think he must've just picked up his graduate degree.

I think he has actually done that before.

Anyhow, who wants to set a line on total utterances of "4.4" tonight? I count 3 so far. I'll set the O/U at 11.5.

ETA: Webb you idiot! Jesus, that was a mediocre play that almost turned into a gamebreaker. Fuck me.

Okay, I just had to Wiki Jared Allen because he announced his college as "Culinary Academy." Has he done that before? I can't remember.

Have you ever seen the Falcons on Sunday Night Football?

Back to the game, Joe Webb just got insanely lucky.

Edit to add link.

This is why you don't start a WR at QB. Though I guess he's been taking primarily QB snaps this year... but where did he take his practice snaps last year? B/c IIRC he was definitely taking some at WR during 2010 when he last started.

ETA: Oh, on this MIchaels/Peterson thing (is Michaels really supposed to be talking about making bets with players on-air? Hah), Benson beat Peterson for the Doak Walker that year, so AD isn't far off.

This is why you don't start a WR at QB. Though I guess he's been taking primarily QB snaps this year... but where did he take his practice snaps last year? B/c IIRC he was definitely taking some at WR during 2010 when he last started.

He was a full QB last year. I remember one game where he came in for an injured Ponder and put up like 30.

ETA: Oh that's right, it was against the fucking Redskins.

He was a full QB last year. I remember one game where he came in for an injured Ponder and put up like 30.

ETA: Oh that's right, it was against the fucking Redskins.

Heh, was just going to say, yeah, you remember that because it happened to you. Anyhow, IDK. He played like two years of QB and 1 year of WR in college, was drafted as a WR, played a bit of both his first season, and has been the backup QB ever since. Seems dicey to me.

Also, does that mean McCarthy only has 1 challenge left (2 if the next one is correct also)? What made that seem like a worthwhile spot to burn a challenge? Or did they mention that it doesn't count against him if it turned out to be a scoring play?

Archived