Small questions v.10000

Angalin

i think she was either few months or not even born when rhaegar died.

i got a question about mormont's raven, i'm in the process of rereading adwd, and came to part when bran is trying to warg ravens. that made me think of mormont's raven, that thing can not only be 3eyed crow's spy, but it also talks, and no1 is surprised with it. is there maybe some theory behind it all?

She was born in Dragonstone, probably after Rhaegar died.

And yeah, a lot people believe that Bloodraven is warging Mormont's Crow.

i think she was either few months or not even born when rhaegar died.

i got a question about mormont's raven, i'm in the process of rereading adwd, and came to part when bran is trying to warg ravens. that made me think of mormont's raven, that thing can not only be 3eyed crow's spy, but it also talks, and no1 is surprised with it. is there maybe some theory behind it all?

I believe you will find this thread useful.

This is probably the silliest/dumbest question anyone could ever post BUT it's been bugging me for days so here it goes: are there people with bad eyesight in Westeros (not blind mind you) and if yes what do they do??

Btw how clear did i just make it that i need contacts to function? :P

This is probably the silliest/dumbest question anyone could ever post BUT it's been bugging me for days so here it goes: are there people with bad eyesight in Westeros (not blind mind you) and if yes what do they do??

Btw how clear did i just make it that i need contacts to function? :P

The rich ones could probably remedy the problem with expensive myrish lens. The other ones would have to learn to live with it.

Is it obsidian that Jon Snow is armored in his dream?

Well, "black ice", it's open to interpreting. But initially it sounds like obsidian, yes

I take it to be obsidian, yes. Which is, interestingly, both the weapon-of-choice against the Others and a literal, tangible manifestation of "ice and fire," being "frozen fire." Or to put it simply: Symbolic as hell.

I take it to be obsidian, yes. Which is, interestingly, both the weapon-of-choice against the Others and a literal, tangible manifestation of "ice and fire," being "frozen fire." Or to put it simply: Symbolic as hell.

Yes, I have always found the frozen fire description interesting. If we agree it's all about balance, then I immediately thought, "OK, it should have a counterpart. Burning ice?" And I thought about weirwood - wood is like the main prerequisite for a fire, it's heavily associated with Ice/the North/Old Gods, and that's why I was so mindblown when you (I think it was you, maybe based on someone else's musings?) found the quote where Jojen sees the unscathed Godswood in WF, and says that weirwoods have the same strength as fire or something to that effect. It immediately connected with (supposedly) Brandon Snow, who was making three weirwood arrows to (supposedly) kill the dragons with.

ETA: Again, I got sidetracked, this is by no means for the small questions thread :D

i think she was either few months or not even born when rhaegar died.1

i got a question about mormont's raven, i'm in the process of rereading adwd, and came to part when bran is trying to warg ravens. that made me think of mormont's raven, that thing can not only be 3eyed crow's spy, but it also talks, and no1 is surprised with it. is there maybe some theory behind it all?2

1.IIRC After Rhaegar died, Aerys had his queen brought to him, to make a spare heir,and 9 months later on DS came Dany.

2. There are quite a few different theories.

I did think about that. But if the Other's cannot cross the Wall, what is the point of risking lives on ranging beyond the Wall? If they cannot cross, they are no threat. Maybe I'm missing something. I read all these books very quickly, and I could have missed a detail pertaining to this. I know about the Horn of Winter, but if the Others had it, I'm sure they would have blown it.

If I recall, The Horn of Winter, if it is indeed the cracked horn Ghost found buried with Dragonglass, currently in Sam's possession, is banded with Iron. Since Iron and Dragonglass both hurt/kill the Others I don't think they could blow it.

I should have been clearer then, I meant if he, his wife and his children died. I didn't know if they had children or not.

Clear enough to me.

His lands would pass to Willas in that instance. It seems to be unusual for a Lord to hold more than one title at a time (for example, Robert gave the Stormlands to Renly when he gained the Iron Throne) so Willas would probably pass Brightwater Keep on, in that instance. Possibly need hold on to it in order to pass it onto his second born son, in the event he eventually has one?

Archived