Comics V: Fox Force Five

Nephrite

Marvel likes money. They think Sam Jackson Nick Fury is going to bring those fabled new readers. And they'll bring their money. Marvel are a bunch of idiots.

Just like how they suddenly think their cosmic properties are the bees knees in the anticipation of a film yet to start filming. Guess they'll get speculators buying all those first issue covers though.

Still not convinced that AvX was the best way of keeping those "new" avengers fans. At this point, other than first issue speculator sales I think the only benefit for Marvel is that the readers of the comics will be new film fans.

DC does something not stupid.

So okay, Card is a horrible human being, but he is only writing one story for the first two issues. He'll be out in 2 weeks. After that we get a bunch of great people... and Max Landis.

I don't know why Bruce Timm is there. Probably to remind us that Batman is better.

Still I always thought it would be great to have an anthology type Superman book where DC would let people whose souls are not yet crushed by the corporate boot to write stories and don't have to give a single fuck about continuity. People do love Superman but the manline books get sidetracked in New Kryptons and JMS. Get some manga guys and indie people, too. But not Waid. Never, never Waid.

And look at that Samnee cover.

What's wrong with Max Landis?

Mr. Nobody gives a fuck about Superman?

I don't know, he seems like a snobby 12-year old douche. During his appearance at MorrisonCon he was all about how Chronicle is not about superheroes. Like if it was, it would make it somehow lesser. And all his new projects are using superhero tropes, yet he keeps harping on how they are not actually superheroes. Like if there are no capes it's somehow better.

And if Superman is so shitty, why is all his comicbook work printed under Superman's logo? Kind of hypocritical.

I just finished Sean Howes book Marvel Comics: The Untold Story.

Excellent book for anyone interested in comics, or Marvel in particular. Damn that company has seen its ups and downs through the decades!

Actually, look at the following pattern, on how Marvel has been doing the last 70 years:

40s: Good

50s: Bad

60s: Good

70s: Bad

80s: Good

90s: Bad

00s: Good

10s: ???

Judging from what you guys discuss here (I don't read Marvel any more), it seems they intend to follow that pattern this decade too! :P

WTF is going on? Looks like MArvel really wanted to bring out a range of battle damage action figures. I thought Captain America was Cable until I realsied Ultron plans on scarring everyone and stealing eyes. Now I know what Bendis meant by unthinkable - Cyclops and Captain America on the same team!

Well I already thought this was all going to be an alternate reality (or an undone reality by the end of it) and the appearance of those characters confirms it.

Papirolle; in terms of good and bad is that quality of books or financial strength? It does look like Marvel is having trouble getting their titles to sell well devoid of relaunches and events but I guess the quality is overall decent.

WTF is going on? Looks like MArvel really wanted to bring out a range of battle damage action figures. I thought Captain America was Cable until I realsied Ultron plans on scarring everyone and stealing eyes. Now I know what Bendis meant by unthinkable - Cyclops and Captain America on the same team!

Well I already thought this was all going to be an alternate reality (or an undone reality by the end of it) and the appearance of those characters confirms it.

:agree:

I like how it looks like Wolverine is trying to kill Cyclops even when they're probably once again on the same team :eek:

And now I realize I can't identify everyone there. The woman in the Captain Marvel-like suit, is that Wasp? And who's the guy behind Wolverine?

Those scars look too small, too close together to be Wolverine's work, it reminds me more of something an animal - well, a smaller one - could do. Or a woman's nails... :eek:

Female Ultron? I'm guessing it's him/her/it that's doing all the smackdowns, I'm bracing myself for the Ultron versions of all the characters - they hinted at it with Hawkeye...

I don't know, he seems like a snobby 12-year old douche. During his appearance at MorrisonCon he was all about how Chronicle is not about superheroes. Like if it was, it would make it somehow lesser. And all his new projects are using superhero tropes, yet he keeps harping on how they are not actually superheroes. Like if there are no capes it's somehow better.

But Chronicle isn't about super-heroes. It's a rip-off of AKIRA.

And now I realize I can't identify everyone there. The woman in the Captain Marvel-like suit, is that Wasp? And who's the guy behind Wolverine?

Peter Quill, Star-Lord, in his old Marvel Showcase outfit. For some reason Bendis has a boner for that one as opposed to his more recent look, with the awesome WWI-style jacket and even more awesome helmet.

Papirolle; in terms of good and bad is that quality of books or financial strength? It does look like Marvel is having trouble getting their titles to sell well devoid of relaunches and events but I guess the quality is overall decent.

Actually, I'd say both. They seemed to have followed each other fairly well, through the years.

Archived