Let's say you're a stormlord and Robert has just revolted, your lord or your king, whaddo you do?

StannisBamfatheon

I'm just asking this as a general question to the board here, as the title says let's say you're a stormlord and you're now forced to choose between your lord or your king. Whom do you choose? Just state your reasons, Robert's charisma, Aerys being king, oath to your lord....whatever. I'm just curious to see where people's loyalties would lie.

For me It's Robert all the way. An oath to a good lord means more to me than an oath to a tyrant king. After the horror of the stark executions Aerys deserved deposition and the rebels were in the right to fight him. Plus after the battle me and King Bob could tavern hop.

I would definitely be on Robert's side, although I may be bias. I couldn't stand behind Aerys after what he had done to Brandon and Rickard. I would rather die trying to end his reign than live under it.

Plus like...if Aerys' went to pat you on the back for a battle well fought you'd get a creepy long finger nail caress.

Judge me all you want ... but I would fight for Aerys.

Because: 1) Aerys burns the people who displease him alive. I woudn't risk his wrath. What if he wins? 2) Robert is merciful to his non-Targaryen enemies. Granted, it was not known at the time of the Rebellion, but even if he proved to be cruel, he coudn't turn out significantly worse than Aerys. Well, I would at least hope so.

If guess it depends on how much information I have. Do I know how the Starks were killed and the events leading up to it? Am I up to date with the happenings at court and Aerys' madness?

Robert it's very charismatic, it's true, but Rhaegar was also well loved.

I'm on the fence, if I knew what had occurred then I'd be with Robert all the way.

take a trip. i mean, Tyrosh and Pentos are just at the other side of the sea, and they seem to be pretty nice places for holidays. Lys, even better.

if i've two or more son, i do the same honourable thing that House Swann did during TWOT5K. i send one with Robert and one with Aerys.

nonetheless, while they're fighting..i take the trip.

My main confusion about the rebellion starting was Robert was in the Vale, and from the sounds of things had been there for some time. But he was the lord of Storms end, but was still at the Eyrie...

The fact he didn't seem to be present would probably make less lords likely to follow him.

As a bannerman I hold my lands from Stannis, not Aerys. However any real medieval lord is a crass, conniving, treacherous SOB, so to be in character I'd be weighing all factors and choose the one with the most potential benefits or fewest likely penalties. Most folks would have figured Bob as the winner, so that's how I'd go.

If I knew the details, I'd send as many troops as I could without being helpless to defend myself, with myself or my sons leading.

If I didn't know the details, I'd send the minimum amount of troops I could with someone I don't particularly like in charge.

take a trip. i mean, Tyrosh and Pentos are just at the other side of the sea, and they seem to be pretty nice places for holidays. Lys, even better.

Do you plan on coming back? Because you might find yourself homeless. After all, brave and loyal knights on the winning side must be rewarded, and what a happy coincidence - here stands a perfectly good castle, voluntarily abandoned by the previous lord... Yes, ser, lands go with the castle as well.

Archived