Geographically or architecturally, to you: what are the most striking/beautiful places in Westeros/Essos

StannisBamfatheon

The Eyrie, the Hightower and the ruins of Valyria (how technologically advanced were they really?) have always intrigued me the most.

The again, Im an engineer so the high construction strikes my fancy I guess.

Natural settings, the one place I'm most interested in seeing is the Smoking Sea & the coasts. I want to know how abandoned it really is. The ruins of Valyria are fascinating to me.

I think the Eyrie and Winterfell are the most strinkingly beautiful in my imagination and in the illustrations I've seen do far. The Water Garden must be too given that it's Doran's favorite place in the world.

I really hope GRRM, or whoever releases an "Art of Ice and Fire" coffee table book similar to Lands that came out last year. Hell fan art alone would suffice. Water Gardens, Eyrie, and what's left of Valyria are all good ones btw. I'd imagine Valyria like Pompeii but on a much grander scale.

Im down with gritty gothic style architecture so Dragonstone seems interesting with its stony and gargoyle-ish stuff going on.

But Winterfell sounds lovely to me. It doesnt seem quite lavish and i like that. But those glass gardens and godswood sound gorgeous.

Essos? Braavos really strikes my fancy. Its like a cross between Venice and modern day San Francisco. Venice for its layout and water routes. The architecture sounds pretty Venetian too. But its got this crazy diversity going on and seems like a center of good times.

I think the Wall would be the most impressive sight to see in all the known world. A 700 foot wall of ice with castles built into it would be pretty cool to see not to mention the view from the top would be remarkable. Also Dragonstone, Eryie, the pyramids of Slavers bay just to name a few.

I really hope GRRM, or whoever releases an "Art of Ice and Fire" coffee table book similar to Lands that came out last year. Hell fan art alone would suffice. Water Gardens, Eyrie, and what's left of Valyria are all good ones btw. I'd imagine Valyria like Pompeii but on a much grander scale.

This already exists. There is 2 volumes. It is called The Art of A Song of Ice and Fire.

For me it's how Cat describes The Vale in GoT, with huge mountains, waterfalls falling on both sides and The Eyrie stretching into the clouds.

:agree: The Eyrie sounds like breathtaking place indeed -- especially during the scene when Sansa was building her snowcastle, guh I want to live there!

The Dreadfort is definitely striking/creepy: "A strong fortress with high walls & triangular merlons that look like sharp stone teeth."

Highgarden and Oldtown - it's warm, has food, an seems it's a beautiful place, the Reach, that is. Oh, and the Arbor, that would be great!

Winterfell also, but it's kinda' cold.

Winterfell isn't cold, at least it's established in the books that the hot water under it make it a really comfy place to stay, specially in the north

Archived