Edmure's child

Ice Turtle

Anyone else curious about this unborn person? With Edmure sleeping with Roslin only once GRRM could have easily written Roslin not getting pregnant. So I think the baby will have some role in the future, thought it may be only the purpose of Roslin dying in childbirth. Or maybe he/she will be another puppet heir for Varys. Anyways, do you think it's going to be a girl or boy ?

The only person with Frey blood to inherit Twins after last Frey was ahnged by BwB or turned into Frey Pie? ;)

Roslin will not die in childbirth, Freys are well bred for... well... breeding :P

Well according to this the child will be number 87 in Frey succession line.

Walder is hoping for a boy that way he can have a blood tie to Riverrun and then he can kill Edmure. Roslin seems to be in love with Edmure though so I think she distances herself from Walder. Lady Stanoeheart may come into play here as well, Jamie sent Edmure to Casterly Rock and Brienne is taking him to Lady Stoneheart.

Another thought occurred to me, what if Roslin dies giving birth to a girl? Edmure will remarry and have a son through another wife, thus none of Walder's line will ever inherit Riverrun, since sons still come before daughters.

Another thought occurred to me, what if Roslin dies giving birth to a girl? Edmure will remarry and have a son through another wife, thus none of Walder's line will ever inherit Riverrun.

The Lannister's own Edmure right now, and they're not going to let him remarry and create a threat to the Lannister-Frey hold on Riverrun.

To the OP, remember that Robb was fathered on the marriage night of Ned and Cat. There could be a connection to Robb-Roslin's child's fate.

The Lannister's own Edmure right now, and they're not going to let him remarry and create a threat to the Lannister-Frey hold on Riverrun.

To the OP, remember that Robb was fathered on the marriage night of Ned and Cat. There could be a connection to Robb-Roslin's child's fate.

The Lannisters won't be in power for much longer. Edmure could remarry after they have been overthrown.

Another thought occurred to me, what if Roslin dies giving birth to a girl? Edmure will remarry and have a son through another wife, thus none of Walder's line will ever inherit Riverrun.

I wondered about this too. You know, I would like to see Edmure satisfied at the end, it wasn`t easy for him. I would like to see him remarried to none other then Ellaria Sand. Those two could possibly work out fine... It`s just crackpot thinking, nothing more

I'm betting on both Roslin and the baby dying in childbirth (I actually think this has been foreshadowed by all the talk about sickly Rosbys and Cat's worries about her childbearing abilities). If they're both dead then Edmure's chances of survival are better. If they're both dead from natural causes then Lady Stoneheart won't kill them along with the rest of the Freys (oh yes, I think she would). No Frey or half-breed Frey should get Riverrun,

Honestly that might be the best thing for everyone to happen (or both of them dying). Nothing against Roslin personally but I just don't think her child should inherrit Riverrun...not after the RW. This would end the problem of them eventually having a son or the Frey's really gaining anything from the RW (I think they will lose everything they currently got from the RW by the conclusion of the series). Now I get the Edmure is in Lannister custody but I don't think he's going to spend the rest of his life that way, even though that is the plan for the moment. Frankly I'll be surprised if he even makes it to Casterly Rock, I think there will be a rescue well before that (either by Brynden or the BWB).

Why couldn't the Freys force feed Roslin some potion to prevent her from conceiving a la Jeyne? What about moon tea? It seems Lord Frey wants Emmon Frey, his second son, to inherit Riverrun. Why allow a person with a superior claim to be born?

Oh, they, and especially Walder, would want her to become pregnant so they get a claim to Riverrun, and, even without Riverrun, they get THE BEST HOSTAGE EVAR -- the last Tully heir, if they kill Edmure as they intend to do. What Riverland lord would organize a rebellion against the Freys if it meant killing the last Tully? Which is why I hope nature takes its course . . .

I wondered about this too. You know, I would like to see Edmure satisfied at the end, it wasn`t easy for him. I would like to see him remarried to none other then Ellaria Sand. Those two could possibly work out fine... It`s just crackpot thinking, nothing more

Actually, I don't think that's bad idea having Edmure marry Ellaria Sand. Ellaria may have a lot of baggage with four daughters, and we don't know if she is older than Edmure, but I still like this idea, though.

I'm betting on both Roslin and the baby dying in childbirth (I actually think this has been foreshadowed by all the talk about sickly Rosbys and Cat's worries about her childbearing abilities). If they're both dead then Edmure's chances of survival are better. If they're both dead from natural causes then Lady Stoneheart won't kill them along with the rest of the Freys (oh yes, I think she would). No Frey or half-breed Frey should get Riverrun,

It seemed like there was a lot of business about Cat worrying about Roslin's childbearing if it wasn't for a reason. I know that the maester reassured her and whatnot, but again, why bring it up if it weren't going to come back later? I agree that I don't want any Frey/half-Frey kid near Riverrun.

I'm pretty sure Stoneheart would kill Roslin if she got a crack at her.

I could see Roslin dying in childbirth because Edmure and Roslin--in spite of everything--seemed to be reasonably happy together, and no couples in ASOIAF are allowed to be happy together for any length of time. It seems to be against the rules.

"No, that's your death she has in her belly." -- Jaime Lannister

If Roslin gives birth to a boy that boy would be of the main Tully blood line -- meaning the Freys keep Riverrun and all Tully holdings via that baby boy no matter what happens with the Iron Throne. They've got their own royal writ installing one of them (Ryman?) as the current lord of Riverrun, but that's only as a solid as the Lannister grip on the crown, and wouldn't you know that gets shakier every day.

A new royal power might be of a mind to restore House Tully to Riverrun. A Frey-Tully baby boy of Edmure and Roslin is insurance against that possibility. With a baby boy born and Edmure then summarily executed, House Tully IS House Frey in that baby boy's person and forever forward from that point. And that boy will conveniently grow up without any clue about what his dad's family was like (Family Duty Honor, the burning boat funeral, etc) because none of them will be alive to teach him, but he WILL have a whole boatload of maternal relatives to teach him how to be the kind of lord they think a lord should be. He'll grow up knowing and proud of his Frey ancestry, and probably even decide -- at their urging and under their influence -- to switch surnames when he's an adult. He'll never have known any better. Or even if that doesn't go over well with the people, they can settle for keeping the Tully brand superficially on the branch of House Frey that rules Riverrun and the riverlands into the future.

And that's why Blackfish and/or the BWB are currently working on a commando raid to bust Edmure out of prison and/or seriously ruin House Frey's shit. Roslin's womb is the hourglass whose sands represent Edmure's remaining time on this mortal coil.

That would be a terrible marriage. Not only in social status but also between the sheets. How can floppy fish compare to the red viper?

It seemed like there was a lot of business about Cat worrying about Roslin's childbearing if it wasn't for a reason. I know that the maester reassured her and whatnot, but again, why bring it up if it weren't going to come back later? I agree that I don't want any Frey/half-Frey kid near Riverrun.

I'm pretty sure Stoneheart would kill Roslin if she got a crack at her.

I could see Roslin dying in childbirth because Edmure and Roslin--in spite of everything--seemed to be reasonably happy together, and no couples in ASOIAF are allowed to be happy together for any length of time. It seems to be against the rules.

I don't think Stoneheart would kill her if Roslin and Edmure like each other. She didn't have anything to do with the RW. And I wouldn't mind a half Frey as long as he isn't the typical Frey. But I agree with it being unlikely that Ed and Ros will have a happy ending.

I don't think Stoneheart would kill her if Roslin and Edmure like each other. She didn't have anything to do with the RW. And I wouldn't mind a half Frey as long as he isn't the typical Frey. But I agree with it being unlikely that Ed and Ros will have a happy ending.

Remember Stoneheart was the lady who hanged the 10-year-old Pod who couldn't be more innocent if he tried. I think she will kill anything even vaguely related to the Freys and the Red Wedding, and Roslin is waaaaay more than vaguely related to both of those things. IMO Roslin should stop praying for a girl and start praying she never runs into her undead sister-in-law.

Archived