Pope says Ta-ta

KAH

Yes, this seems to have a lot of arcane-bizarro-politics potential. Plus, anything who's last precedent is sort of maybe sometimes in the 1200's is always fun. The future, bitches, it is upon us. Sort of.

*Digs out popcorn*. Are there polls? Can I get a poll?

Well, the Papacy is IIRC the second-oldest office on earth. (the only one older being high priest of the samaritans)

Two points:

1. He decided to resign around the same time as the States drops all plans for building a Deathstar-coincidence?

2. Am I the only one who read this and thought "I wonder what they're trying to hide now"?

No, my first thought was, "Is he also a pedophile"

I wouldnt be surprised if the Holy See pulls a PR stunt by nominating a black/asian pope as a means to improve its declining public image. Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe God has always appointed a white european man to be his representative on Earth.

They will only surprise me if they appoint a woman.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Holy See pulls a PR stunt by nominating a black/asian pope as a means to improve its declining public image. Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe God has always appointed a white european man to be his representative on Earth.

Nope, been a couple of african popes.

an accessory to mass murder and a paedophile-apologist

There's lots of criticism of the church and the Pope that's fair, but the paedophile apologist thing makes me cross. I'm repeating this from the general Catholic-church topic, but he was the one who reformed the structure to make it harder to cover things up and, since he became Pope, has been publicly driving against it, unlike his predecessor.

What's the accessory to mass murder charge? I really, really hope you don't mean the Hitler Youth thing. Because that would be stupid.

Nope, been a couple of african popes.

And at least one notable Galilean.

Archived