Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

I got the same impression!

Overall, the trailer gives the impression that the focus will be on the north, rather than in the south; overall the colours were darker than in previous seasons.

The trailer focused a lot on Jon and the Night's Watch/Samwell storylines, Cat/Robb (obvious) and Danny (as always). But the focus on Joffrey was unexpected and it certainly seems to indicate that something big is going to happen with him...

I'm with you on that one. S3 will focus on the north, and once the RW is over and everyone's in shock, S4 will focus on the politics & reactions in the south, focusing on the Lannisters.

I'm with you on that one. S3 will focus on the north, and once the RW is over and everyone's in shock, S4 will focus on the politics & reactions in the south, focusing on the Lannisters.

But focusing on one side of the story doesn't mean that the rest will be forgotten. As I said, the trailer focused a lot on the "Joffrey's getting out of control" angle, and reminded us that Tyrion and Joffrey's confrontation will be important (Tyrion's wedding, "everyone is mine to torment", "the revenge you want will be yours in time"...). For me, that means PW this season :) (yes, I still believe that it's the absolute best way to end the storyline).

The only way I see the PW being this year is if by an extended season finale.

They said that every episode will run slightly longer overall and that the finale "is expected to run more than an hour", if that means the finale is an hour and a half special then I'd say we'll see the PW.

http://insidetv.ew.c...onger-season-3/

More than one hour (meaning 65 minutes) is more than enough for the PW in my opinion. It cannot just be "reacting to the RW". People seem to forget that the S1 finale wasn't just "reacting to Ned's death". Those reactions included Robb being crowned and Jon almost breaking his oath. The episode included Dany and the Dragons. And it was the shortest episode of season 1.

Don't want to go off-topic, but the trailer heavily implies that the confrontation between Tyrion and Joffrey will be THE storyline of KL, and the only logical conclussion to that is the PW, directly implicating Tyrion thanks to all the build-up.

The trailer was fantastic, btw.

I think that's Tyrion. My guess is that he does so when Joffrey says that he wants Robb's head presented to Sansa at his wedding.

Really? My guess would be Tywin trying to rein Joffrey in a bit by reminding him he's a boy. Reckon the show'll really up the Tywin and Joff thing personally.

If they do the Purple Wedding this season they should have introduced Oberyn before. Has he even been casted?

He's not integral to the PW so you could easily have it happen in ep10 and then introduce Oberyn in the Season 4 premiere. No point in hiring an actor when to be frank he will play the role of a glorified extra for a season, same reason for them delaying the casting of Ser Brynden.

Can't wait for Season 3, I reckon this'll be one of the finest bits of TV you'll see in years!

That's Jon? He looks completely different from usual in that image! That said, Tormund also looks different in the preceding shot. He's next to Orell who, funnily enough, I recognised.

That's cause he's all wet, with his hair sticking to him and stuff. :P

That's the scene at Queenscrown. Tormund has most likely taken the place of Styr, and that's when they're about to execute the man at the inn.

I'm willing to bet this season's ratings will overpass True Blood.

I dream about getting close to The Sopranos...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_%28TV_series%29#Viewer_numbers

I think the ratings for episode 9 , on that page, have never been updated.

Tho maybe there is no way to check on 'catch up' viewing?

Since 9 is Blackwater would expect word of mouth by now to have actually bumped the viewing of that episode up.

I think Carne has it right - it's probably a stunt performer or an made up character with a minor role this season. Just doesn't look like Jon to me...

I don't think it looks like Iwan Rheon tbh. Also, I wouldn't expect that facial expression from "Boy", if you catch my drift.

It's obviously Jon at 0.44.

My bet is the reaction to the

Spoiler
killing of the man outside Queenscrown.

I just had a horrible crackpot theory. But it would be a great added scene IMO.

We know that Hoster's funeral is in ep3 as from the official pics and from this trailer we can see Robb and Catelyn are in what looks like Harrenhal.

What if Robb takes Harrenhal in ep1 or 2 and leaves Roose Bolton to hold the castle when he and Cat leave for Riverrun at the end of ep2. Jaime would surely be arriving in Harrenhal for ep3 and then he and Roose can have their scenes together.

But looking at the trailer (For the 100th time) I noticed that when I thought Cat was talking to Robb when she says "Show them how it feels to lose what they love" but look again it is not him. No long hair, no armored shoulder pads. That to me looks like the back of Roose Bolton. The fabric of the jumper and where the arms cut off seem to match his attire in season 2, plus he has very short hair.

What if Catelyn, just now learning of Bran and Rickon's deaths and before leaving for Riverrun, in her grief gives her approval for Roose to do his thing to any Lannister men in Harrenhal etc...

Then what comes later would be shocking...

Here's a pic for Reference notice the S2 pic on right has same shine on shoulder, brownish tint on arm: http://i45.tinypic.com/34pjk2u.png

Crackpot over :)

Fantastic shout, wish I'd spotted this! That would solve the problem of getting Roose to Harrenhal in time to meet Jaime as well.

Somehow I think the quote about "your revenge will be yours in time" is Beric talking to Arya. Might not be correct, but eh...

And funny enough many of the lyrics of the song fit with the characters/events:

Dig up her bones but leave the soul alone- Cat

Heart with a gaping hole - Arya

Kissing death and losing my breath- Thoros' kiss of life?

Forgotten savages, forgotten savages- Wildlings

Let her find a way to a better place- Arya? Sansa?

Broken dreams and silent screams- Sansa

Empty churches with soulless curses- Melisandre's burning

Life slips away and the ghosts come to play- Jon

Marinate in misery

Like a girl of only 17

Man made madness

And the romance of sadness

A beautiful dance that happened by chance

Happened by chance, happened by chance

-All this is pretty much Rhaegar and Lyanna

These are hard times

these are hard times for dreamers

And love lost believers- Bran

Lost in the pages of self made cages- Cersei?

Boy with a broken soul- Theon

I might be strechting but it's a nice idea.

Like this too, good work!

Whoever linked the Bones song lyrics to the story: that was awesome.

The video has over five million views already! Youtube is going insane!

It's obviously Jon at 0.44.

My bet is the reaction to the

Spoiler
killing of the man outside Queenscrown.

I suppose so, seeing as it can't really be anyone else. Weird how people can look completely different in different shots, at least to me.

As far as PW goes, I'm pretty convinced it won't be in Season 3. I think they're beefing up Tyrion's early storyline precisely because they're not having the PW. Tyrion is a fan favourite, so he needs plenty of scenes, but they don't want to rush ahead and do a lot of scenes directly preceding PW, as that will make the Season finale appear anticlimactic. Instead they're padding out the lead up to it, making the Sansa - Tyrion marriage (+immediate fallout) the climax with the PW occurring early in Season 4.

Everyone keeps saying it's Dragonstone but I don't think it is. There are no dragon statues on it at all. If you're gonna CGI the castle, wouldn't you add its most prominent feature?

I could be totally wrong (and probably am) but I actually think that's the Dreadfort. It's not officially on the water but it's fairly close to it.

They're saying its Dragonstone because of comparison to scenes of Dragonstone from season 2 episode 1, where you also see it.

And fyi - it's not CGI. That's a real castle, in Croatia if I remember correctly.

Archived