Small questions v.10003

Angalin

Lamey The Dingslayer, you are referring to this line, I guess.

"You won it from him in a wager, during the tourney on Prince Joffrey's name day."

"When my brother Jaime was unhorsed by the Knight of Flowers, that was his story, no?"

Tyrion in Game.

Tyrion knows because Littlefinger took a real incident and only twisted one little detail. After the fight with the Mountain Clan´s men Tyrion picks up the story.

"there is a serious flaw in Littlefinger's fable. Whatever you may believe of me, Lady Stark, I promise you this I never bet against my family."

We know this is true, because in the previous chapter we have this little talk.

Sansa said, "I knew the Hound would win." Littlefinger overheard. "If you know who's going to win the second match, speak up now before Lord Renly plucks me clean," he called to her. Ned smiled.

"A pity the Imp is not here with us," Lord Renly said. "I should have won twice as much."

Jaime Lannister was back on his feet, but his ornate lion helmet had been twisted around and dented in his fall, ...

Eddard in Game.

Clarity.

Can someone help me compile a list of known magics:

Immortality

-Tree form

-the Undying

Retain young thanks to blood bathes.

Ressurrection via;

-Bloodmagic

-Necromany

-Kiss of Life

-Wights

Shadowbinding;

-Shadow babies

-Glamors

Alchemy; poisons, smokes and powders.

Warging, green dreams. the Hammer of Waters.

Weaving words (what Melisandre did when she touched her ruby at her throat while she confirms Rattleshirt = Mance Rayder)

Facechanging.

Warding against; fire, shadow babies, storm, wights.

Phantasms from the future and the past.

Stormsinging, aeromancy. Probably messing with the weather and/or wind.

Aflaming blood.

Spellforging;

- Valyrian steel

- poison protection gems

Healing via fire.

Several curses. (Harrenhal, Mathos Mallarawan's wife, Rhaego etc.)

And many more !!! :laugh:

Does storms end have a moat?

I don't think so. I think the curtain wall is right up against the cliff and there is no mention of waterfalls. I could be wrong though.

How did Robb get back to Riverrun from the Westerlands? He couldn't slip past the Golden Tooth twice. I'd imagine that he went east from the Crag and then south to Riverrun but does anyone actually know?

Why not? The path he used coming wasn't known to the Lannister forces, so they couldn't block it.

i thought this as well, plus, hadnt he been whooping lannisters all up and down that part of the map anyway? (cant recall offhand. on my 1st re-read almost done with GOT so havent gotten to that part again)

Why not? The path he used coming wasn't known to the Lannister forces, so they couldn't block it.

:dunno: I think they would make certain that he wouldn't slip by a second time, learning from their mistakes. I guess it depends on how far the goat trail is from the Tooth itself and whether or not they would be able to see Robb's army coming.

i thought this as well, plus, hadnt he been whooping lannisters all up and down that part of the map anyway? (cant recall offhand. on my 1st re-read almost done with GOT so havent gotten to that part again)

Yes but the last castle that he took (I believe) was the Crag, to the north.

How about the elusive Richard Lonmouth? The color of the cloak is right if your suspicion is correct.

This is along the lines I'm thinking. I can't recall now, but when reading dwd, I think in joncon chapter I thought it speaks to a buddy of a targ who is big and I thought in text hinted at yellow somewhere. Same guy?

I don't think so. I think the curtain wall is right up against the cliff and there is no mention of waterfalls. I could be wrong though.

How did Robb get back to Riverrun from the Westerlands? He couldn't slip past the Golden Tooth twice. I'd imagine that he went east from the Crag and then south to Riverrun but does anyone actually know?

I think a waterfall would just make storms end too awesome.

Archived