The smallest moments that are hilarious

Florina Laufeyson

There's the conversation between Tyrion and Cersei where repeatedly, after everything Tyrion says,

"She slapped him"

Dolorous Edd of course, but one of my favourites of his is "Oh no, he was dead already what from the axe in his head, but it was still pretty lucky, missing those rocks"

There's the conversation between Tyrion and Cersei where repeatedly, after everything Tyrion says,

"She slapped him"

Dolorous Edd of course, but one of my favourites of his is "Oh no, he was dead already what from the axe in his head, but it was still pretty lucky, missing those rocks"

Yea pretty much all of Dolorous Edd's comments are hilarious

"I never win anything," Dolorous Edd complained. "The gods always smiled on Watt, though. When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?"

"Was it a long fall?" Grenn wanted to know. "Did landing in the pool of water save his life?"

"No," said Dolorous Edd. "He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks."

Definitely! Literally everything he says is brilliant, to the point where I was constantly thinking "Jon why the hell are you not even vaguely amused by him?!?"

Jon is probably trying to keep himself from laughing every time Edd says something.

How did Edd come to join the NW anyway?

The NFL reference in Wun Wun (a giant, representing the New-York Giants, GRRM's favorite team) dismembering Ser Patrek of King's Mountain whose sigil is a blue star on grey (the emblem of the Dallas Cowboys). I am Cowboys fan but nonetheless funny.

"M’lrod," Janos Slynt reminded him. "You’ll address me-"

"I’ll go, my lord. But you are making a mistake, my lord. You are sending the wrong man, my lord. Just the sight of me is going to anger Mance. My lord would have a better chance of reaching terms if he sent-"

That is a gem.

Also this one:

"My lord." Ser Balon drew himself up. "On my sword, on my honor, on my father's name, I swear . . . I shall not do as you did."

There are several moments for me:

When Pyp manages to mock Melisandre and complain about the food at the same time - "The night is dark and full of turnips"

pretty much every bit of dialogue with Shagga concerning manhoods and goats

"Gendry looked fierce in his armour. Hot Pie looked like Hot Pie."

At the red wedding, when Smalljon Umber knocked someone out by bludgeoning them with a leg of mutton

Any time Irri and Jhiqui have dialogue together, and they always both finish by saying "It is known."

Any of the very frequent mentions of Stannis grinding his teeth

Archived