The smallest moments that are hilarious

Florina Laufeyson

When Irri and Jhiqui bicker over something and both solemnly finish with "it is known". Cracked me up!

"You are almost a boy. Rhakaro does not bed with boys. It is known."

"It is known you are also a cow! Rhakaro does not bed with cows!"

And Missandei is all just not playing attention.

"The Freys were bringing the fat fool a bag of bones. Some call that courtesy, to bring a man his dead son's bones. Had it been my son, I would have returned the courtesy, and thanked the Freys before I hanged them"-Lord Borell

I have completely forgotten this. It was indeed classic :)

I remember Renly laughing because Joffrey was disarmed/ beaten by a 10 year old girl. Very funny.

There's another moment that always makes me laugh. Arya is still in Westeros. She's speaking with Lord Beric and Gendry and assessing herself. Gendry says she's not even strong enough to swing a war hammer.

She replies "I could if I wanted!"

It it just so like Arya.

The only one who was even halfway presentable was young Baelor Hightower. A pretty lad, and my sister washalf in love with him until he had the misfortune to fart once in our presence. I promptly named him Baelor Breakwind, and after that Elia couldn’t look at him without laughing. I was a monstrous young fellow, someone should have sliced out my vile tongue.”

Yes, Tyrion agreed silently. Baelor Hightower was no longer young, but he remained Lord Leyton’s heir; wealthy, handsome, and a knight of splendid repute. Baelor Brightsmile, they called him now. Had Elia wed him in place of Rhaegar Targaryen, she might be in Oldtown with her children growing tall around her. He wondered how many lives had been snuffed out by that fart.

This had me laughing alot.

Hah, I imagine Illyrio's blink looked a lot like Varys when told about Tyrion's plan.

http://www.youtube.c...bOa_WD0nE#t=93s

When Bronn mentions what he's done with all the thieves in King's Landing...

http://www.youtube.c...cZ3lT4jY#t=114s

"For questioning?"

"Uhh, no."

Varys looked stricken - those were probably a good portion of his little birds.

Sansa's first period. Totally not funny in context, but I do remember my thoughts when first reading the scene. At first I thought her dream happened truly and she was bleeding from a wound because there was just too much blood for it to be believable. I was very confused. I had to go back and read it again to understand. I felt very terrible for Sansa but I still couldn't stop myself from laughing at the very unrealistic descriptions of what her first period was like. It started out well enough with dreams about knives in the belly and then turned into a 'wtf? this is ridiculous' type of laughter. It was like every terrible thing imaginable GRRM could think of when it came to periods all wrapped up in one scene - PMS, cramps, blood like a waterfall, emotional, etc. Yeah, I laughed. Of course, like I said above, not funny at all in context.

Gatehouse Ami says how her father was hung by outlaws. Her mother corrects it to "hanged", saying "Your father was not a tapestry."

Lancel is told to marry Ami because she'd win over the Darry smallfolk. Jaime's cousin asks, "How, by fucking them?"

Love a ton of these, seriously some funny stuff and I agree that the Roose bastard diss is the nuclear diss, but my persona favorite has not been mentioned:

Lord Manderly on the passing of Little Walder Frey: "Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived he would have grown up to

be a Frey"

I laughed my ass of at this.

This is right after Tywin has told Kevan and Tyrion all about Robb marrying Jeyne. He is talking about how lowborn the Westerling ancestors are and all of that, and Tyrion's narration says:

"Having once married a whore, Tyrion could not entirely share his uncle's horror at the thought of wedding a girl whose great grandfather sold cloves."

Something about that made me laugh out loud, which doesn't happen often when I read.

Nimble Dick to Brienne " for a stag i will take your maidenhood and show you what the nickname really means" :bowdown:

Oh that's a good one.

A lot of Cersei moments in Feast.

I need a cup of Arbor gold, during a meeting after the news arrived of Euron taking the Shield Islands. ALmost exactly what Robert would have thought during a council meeting.

Archived