The smallest moments that are hilarious

Florina Laufeyson

When Jaime, Brienne and Cleos go to the inn and there is a boy with a crossbow.

The boy looked suspiciously at the coin, and then at Jaime’s manacles.“Why’s this one in irons?”

“Killed some crossbowmen,” said Jaime

Also, in Dance, during Stannis' march to Winterfell. All the southerners are dropping like files, but not the clansmen who don't lose anyone except for a mule. And Morgan Liddle seems to think it was stolen by the Flints.

Good stuff.

When Jaime, Brienne and Cleos go to the inn and there is a boy with a crossbow.

Also, in Dance, during Stannis' march to Winterfell. All the southerners are dropping like files, but not the clansmen who don't lose anyone except for a mule. And Morgan Liddle seems to think it was stolen by the Flints.

Good stuff.

great stuff. both had me laughing.

When you find out the Bronn defeated Ser Balman in a duel

Cersei was so incensed at him calling the bastard child tyrion and they were so complacent about their plan to kill him, so i just loved it when i heard that Balman was confident enough to challenge him to a duel and lost, just thought classic Bronn!

didnt he challenge bronn to a tilt and bronn rammed the horse through the chest? thats good stuff there

In the Hedge Knight "Not that I ever asked to have my honor redeemed,” said Prince Daeron sourly. “Whoever has it can

keep it, so far as I’m concerned. Still, here we are. For what it’s worth, Ser Duncan, you have little to

fear from me. The only thing I like less than horses are swords. Heavy things, and beastly sharp. I’ll do

my best to look gallant in the first charge, but after that . . . well, perhaps you could strike me a nice blow

to the side of the helm. Make it ring, but not too loud, if you take my meaning. My brothers have my

measure when it comes to fighting and dancing and thinking and reading books, but none of them is half

my equal at lying insensible in the mud.” "

LOVE :lol:

I always crack up at the Red Viper, just before he champions Tyrion at the trial.

Ellaria Sand (seeing Gregor Clegane for the first time): You're going to fight that?!

Oberyn Martell: I'm going to kill that.

I always crack up at the Red Viper, just before he champions Tyrion at the trial.

Ellaria Sand (seeing Gregor Clegane for the first time): You're going to fight that?!

Oberyn Martell: I'm going to kill that.

Only the Red Viper can look upon Gregor and laugh

It was in the HBO series, forgot if it was in the books.

Before the battle of the blackwater the Hound with his men:

"If any of you die with a clean sword I will f**k your corpse"

Another I laughed when Jamie and Brienne are taken prison by Hoat:

Jamie pleading for Hoat and his men to not rape and kill Brienne: "If you let her live there will be more Sapphires that you could ever imagine"

Brienne aftward to Jamie: "Why did you lie"

Jamie: "I wanted to here him say Swaphires"

stumbled upon it on a reread with ADWD:

roose forbids everone from talking about the murder of nimble dick

ramsay boast about what he'll do to the murderer

i didnt catch that on my first read through. i remember nimble dick dying but i didnt think it was rooses men.

Cersei thinking about her new flagship, "Lord Tywin", which "would dip twice as many oars as King Robert's Hammer"

I'm sure you can see a dirty joke in there somewhere, that Cersei didn't see.

Especially if you remember where Shae died...

I'm reading te Sworn Sword right now, and literally lol'd at this passage:

Dunk and another knight are trying to train some smallfolk how to fight.

"Having three Wats in the company caused confusion when Bennis was trying to tell them what to do.

“We should give them village names, ser,” Egg suggested, “like Ser Arlan of Pennytree, your old

master.” That might have worked, only their villages had no names, either. “Well,” said Egg, “we could

call them for their crops, ser.” One village sat amongst bean fields, one planted mostly barleycorn, and

the third cultivated rows of cabbages, carrots, onions, turnips, and melons. No one wanted to be a

Cabbage or a Turnip, so the last lot became the Melons. They ended up with four Barleycorns, two

Melons, and two Beans. As the brothers Wat were both Barleycorns, some further distinction was

required. When the younger brother made mention of once having fallen down the village well, Bennis

dubbed him “Wet Wat,” and that was that. The men were thrilled to have been given “lord’s names,”

save for Big Rob, who could not seem to remember whether he was a Bean or a Barleycorn."

:laugh:

When Lady Dustin first meets Reek/Theon and she is shocked by his appearance and Roose's reply

"He has been with Ramsay. Lady Barbrey, allow me to present the rightful Lord of the Iron Islands, Theon of House Greyjoy."

No, he thought, no, don' t say that name, Ramsay will hear you, he'

ll know, he' ll know, he' ll hurt me.

Her mouth pursed. "He is not what I expected."

"He is what we have."

"What did your bastard do to him?"

"Removed some skin, I would imagine. A few small parts. Nothing too essential."

"Is he mad?"

"He may be. Does it matter?"

Archived