Talisa's true purpose in S3? [spoilers]

Ser Dawg

Do we have any proof that Talisa wont be at the wedding yet? I seriously dont want her to be a spy

And I definitely dont want Talisa and Robb dying in each others arms, the scene is meant to be one of absolute horror, not romanticism.

D&D have been quite emphatic in their desire to do the RW right. I'm pretty sure that what's going to happin is that Talisa will get killed in the initial massacre of the bannermen, and Robb & Cat will get their deaths as in the book.

They may have her somehow not die, I would say whether she dies or not depends on if the real widow of Robb Stark is going to make any future meaningful appearances or not.

I can't imagine why they would make her a Lannister spy, that would make Robb's death utterly meaningless, instead of dying for love or honor he would have been a complete idiot, having thrown his kingdom and his life away on a spy.

My interpretation of the looks Roose was giving her..was why are you spending time chatting with this foreign chick who sews up our enemy...instead of talking to your bannermen.

Well, in Season 2: Episode 1 (I think), Cersei told Petyr B. to locate Arya. But if the tv show decided to put Talisa in Jeyne P's role for some good reason, they are free to do so. However, they need to make convincing reasons why would the Stark bannermen, who weren't happy about Robb breaking his marriage pact to the Freys in favor of the "foreigner bitch" (which lead to the Red Wedding), support her. They also need to make convincing motivation for Stannis to fight the Boltons to rescue Talisa, and for Jon to risk his vows for her.

There are numerous reports from last summer revealing Oona Chaplin being involved in the filming for the RW while the scenes were being shot. She's by Robb's side for most of the scenes we've seen so far in the footage so I don't think there's any reason to doubt this happening.

That doesn't mean she's going to be a spy though. That's just ridiculous.

Oh, well that seems pretty stupid to bring her along.

Well, in Season 2: Episode 1 (I think), Cersei told Petyr B. to locate Arya. But if the tv show decided to put Talisa in Jeyne P's role for some good reason, they are free to do so. However, they need to make convincing reasons why would the Stark bannermen, who weren't happy about Robb breaking his marriage pact to the Freys in favor of the "foreigner bitch" (which lead to the Red Wedding), support her. They also need to make convincing motivation for Stannis to fight the Boltons to rescue Talisa, and for Jon to risk his vows for her.

One way to do that would be if she's pregnant with Robb's child. If against all odds Jeyne Westerling (which is an important enough detail that D&D certainly know if she is) is pregnant in the books it makes it even more worthwhile to have Talisa be a composite of the two Jeyne's.

Man, fuck hiding the scroll the real give away is when Robb found out Jaime escaped, the look on her face was a dead give away! and anyway about the scroll do you guys think she would be that stupid to write to Tywin Lannister in broad daylight and in front of thousands of northern soldiers, noooo I don't think so!

Man, fuck hiding the scroll the real give away is when Robb found out Jaime escaped, the look on her face was a dead give away! and anyway about the scroll do you guys think she would be that stupid to write to Tywin Lannister in broad daylight and in front of thousands of northern soldiers, noooo I don't think so!

What do you think she was writing? I haven't the foggiest clue.

One way to do that would be if she's pregnant with Robb's child. If against all odds Jeyne Westerling (which is an important enough detail that D&D certainly know if she is) is pregnant in the books it makes it even more worthwhile to have Talisa be a composite of the two Jeyne's.

Poor Talisa. If she's pregnant and be force to marry Ramsay, that guy will kill the baby so no Stark can claim Winterfell. :(

What is wrong with you people??? Arya in the show is in her early teens around 11 or 12 years old who looks like 11-12 year old. Talisa on the other hand is portrayed as a fully grown mature woman!!! You seriously think the producers would be so stupid enough to make a switcheroo between those two characters???

All they have to do is create a female character who physically resemble Arya and use her as "fake" Arya.

There is no way that Talisa is a spy or was somehow ordered to seduce Robb. She clearly was not trying to seduce him. At first, she practically insulted him. And her heartfelt monologue about her brother drowning in Volantis was too, well, heartfelt to be completely fake on the character's part. And it would have been pointless anyway if she were not who she was saying she is.

Robb taking her to the Twins would be weird, but I am thinking that the Blackfish will be there too and the two of them will escape back to Riverrun together. I definitely subscribe to theory that she is pregnant with a baby Stark in the books.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in other threads on this matter, but I just want to add that the deviation of Talisa being at the RW is problematic no matter what happens to her there. I accept most of the changes--and like some of them--but the one that bothers me the most is Robb and Cat not thinking Bran and Rickon dead when they make their big mistakes in S2. I really wish Robb had had that added motivation to recklessly throw aside his commitment to Frey. And it will compound the feeling that showRobb is kind of a douche if he brings her with him to the Twins. I really hope the writers come up with a good reason to have him show so little tact when dealing with a man they keep reminding us is so dangerous, because I sure as hell can't think of one. If Cat says to leave her at Riverrun and he gets all pissy, like "she's my WIFE and she's the QUEEN and the Freys must respect that" it will only make him seem dumber and more childish.

But that's a concern, not a complaint. I think we fans tend to get worked up about a lot of this stuff before it actually happens, and since I have no choice but to wait and see, I'll try to do it with optimism.

There is no way that Talisa is a spy or was somehow ordered to seduce Robb. She clearly was not trying to seduce him. At first, she practically insulted him. And her heartfelt monologue about her brother drowning in Volantis was too, well, heartfelt to be completely fake on the character's part. And it would have been pointless anyway if she were not who she was saying she is.

Robb taking her to the Twins would be weird, but I am thinking that the Blackfish will be there too and the two of them will escape back to Riverrun together. I definitely subscribe to theory that she is pregnant with a baby Stark in the books.

GRRM already said that Jeyne wasn't pregnant, her mother made sure of that. ;)

I think the simplest explanation is that Talisa is killed at the RW alongside Robb and Catelyn.

1. Since Jeyne Westerling is out, then her mother is out, too. This closes the loop on the entire plotline from FFC.

2. It ups the ante on major character deaths. It's hard to top Ned in S1, most viewers already have a bad feeling on Robb, most have come to hate Cat as the source of all of the Starks' problems, and are convinced Florence Bonesaw is a spy. Take out all three at once? Chilling.

I think the simplest explanation is that Talisa is killed at the RW alongside Robb and Catelyn.

1. Since Jeyne Westerling is out, then her mother is out, too. This closes the loop on the entire plotline from FFC.

2. It ups the ante on major character deaths. It's hard to top Ned in S1, most viewers already have a bad feeling on Robb, most have come to hate Cat as the source of all of the Starks' problems, and are convinced Florence Bonesaw is a spy. Take out all three at once? Chilling.

Do you think so, that viewers have a bad feeling about Robb? I think they see that his marriage will be a problem, but I'm not sure they're expecting what is to come.

I'm surprised they're going to do the RW this year, I expected they would hold that until early in the season next year to give viewers more time to bond with the show...killing off the second male lead so soon could lead a fair number of viewers only to give up...it seems risky to me.

Do you think so, that viewers have a bad feeling about Robb? I think they see that his marriage will be a problem, but I'm not sure they're expecting what is to come.

Well, maybe not casual viewers, but on the TWOP Unsullied thread, he's been marked for death since midway through S2. In their analysis, competent + happy = doomed.

They also need to make convincing motivation for Stannis to fight the Boltons to rescue Talisa, and for Jon to risk his vows for her.

This.........it would be extremely difficult for viewers to believe that Jon Snow would risk is career and life to rescue a woman he doesn't know. It would be more believable if it was "Arya"

Archived