HBO Sends Out a Synopsis

Westeros

I'm getting more and more convinced that the cliffhanger end for season 3 will be

the PW.

The synopsis for episode 5 is

"Tyrion learns the cost of weddings", to me this obviously refers to Tyrion as master of coins finding a way to pay for the extravagant royal wedding, and I just can't imagine the royal bedding being one of the center events in KL for an entire season and not being paid off at the end some how.

:agree:

I'm getting more and more convinced that the cliffhanger end for season 3 will be

the PW.

The synopsis for episode 5 is

"Tyrion learns the cost of weddings", to me this obviously refers to Tyrion as master of coins finding a way to pay for the extravagant royal wedding, and I just can't imagine the royal bedding being one of the center events in KL for an entire season and not being paid off at the end some how.

Remember that the GoT episode synopsis' have historically had descriptions that contained clever, ulterior meanings not meant to be taken literally. It is far more likely that the descriptor "Tyrion learns the cost of weddings" uses "cost" not in the literal monetary sense but in the emotional sense, as in what something "costs" you in terms of a consequence. This could very easily be the reveal that he is being betrothed to Sansa and the "cost" will be how Shae reacts to this news.

That's far more likely an episode arc worth highlighting in the synopsis as opposed to Tyrion finding out that weddings cost a lot of money, which is both an obvious and uninteresting observation to have him focus on for the episode.

Remember that the GoT episode synopsis' have historically had descriptions that contained clever, ulterior meanings not meant to be taken literally. It is far more likely that the descriptor "Tyrion learns the cost of weddings" uses "cost" not in the literal monetary sense but in the emotional sense, as in what something "costs" you in terms of a consequence. This could very easily be the reveal that he is being betrothed to Sansa and the "cost" will be how Shae reacts to this news.

That's far more likely an episode arc worth highlighting in the synopsis as opposed to Tyrion finding out that weddings cost a lot of money, which is both an obvious and uninteresting observation to have him focus on for the episode.

Since we know that the wedding happens in 3x08 (or 3x07, as we know some scenes were shuffled around to make the title 3x07 "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" a more apt episode title than "Chains," and the Sansa/Tyrion wedding would qualify), 3x05 seems early for Tyrion to learn that he's to marry Sansa. I do agree that episode descriptions are misleading. The description for the King's Landing plot in 2x06 was "Joffrey goes out to greet his subjects," which is an amusingly misleading and inaccurate way of describing what actually went down (a riot). I wouldn't be surprised if the episode description for 3x08 is similarly cryptic regarding the wedding.

Since we know that the wedding happens in 3x08 (or 3x07, as we know some scenes were shuffled around to make the title 3x07 "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" a more apt episode title than "Chains," and the Sansa/Tyrion wedding would qualify), 3x05 seems early for Tyrion to learn that he's to marry Sansa. I do agree that episode descriptions are misleading. The description for the King's Landing plot in 2x06 was "Joffrey goes out to greet his subjects," which is an amusingly misleading and inaccurate way of describing what actually went down (a riot). I wouldn't be surprised if the episode description for 3x08 is similarly cryptic regarding the wedding.

I think the show is taking a different tact with the Tyrion/Sansa wedding than the books where it was a rushed, last minute surprise with only a few witnesses done in private. Clearly from the footage shown, the show version of the wedding is very lavish with plenty of guests and a large feast afterwards. So it would stand to reason that the betrothal would not be rushed at the last second as in the books. Giving a 2-3 episode leadup to the wedding itself after Tyrion is told of the betrothal would make sense.

I think the show is taking a different tact with the Tyrion/Sansa wedding than the books where it was a rushed, last minute surprise with only a few witnesses done in private. Clearly from the footage shown, the show version of the wedding is very lavish with plenty of guests and a large feast afterwards. So it would stand to reason that the betrothal would not be rushed at the last second as in the books. Giving a 2-3 episode leadup to the wedding itself after Tyrion is told of the betrothal would make sense.

Hmm. It's possible--I agree that the Sansa/Tyrion wedding appears to be a lavish, beautiful affair, unlike the hasty, trumped-up business in the castle sept as happened in the books--but the writers are going to have some 'splaining to do to explain how such a big wedding with all of King's Landing nobility (as was mentioned in the EW article) was pulled off without the Tyrells finding out or enacting countermeasures, and how Sansa remained ignorant of the business until the moment Cersei or whoever it is in the show told her. (Sansa's wedding dress appears to be green/gold, which suggests a last-minute bait and switch as in the books...easy enough in the books, where the wedding was concocted in secret and guests were collared at the last minute, but less easy in the show if the wedding is a big do. It almost seems as if it would make more sense for Tywin or whoever to make a public announcement of the wedding, with Sansa finding out well in advance of the wedding itself, but again, the dress being green/gold and not ivory like Westeros wedding dresses suggests a last-minute bait and switch, with poor Sansa only finding out the truth moments before she's supposed to get married. It might just be one of those things that doesn't make a lot of sense in the final analysis.

Hmm. It's possible--I agree that the Sansa/Tyrion wedding appears to be a lavish, beautiful affair, unlike the hasty, trumped-up business in the castle sept as happened in the books--but the writers are going to have some 'splaining to do to explain how such a big wedding with all of King's Landing nobility (as was mentioned in the EW article) was pulled off without the Tyrells finding out or enacting countermeasures, and how Sansa remained ignorant of the business until the moment Cersei or whoever it is in the show told her. (Sansa's wedding dress appears to be green/gold, which suggests a last-minute bait and switch as in the books...easy enough in the books, where the wedding was concocted in secret and guests were collared at the last minute, but less easy in the show if the wedding is a big do. It almost seems as if it would make more sense for Tywin or whoever to make a public announcement of the wedding, with Sansa finding out well in advance of the wedding itself, but again, the dress being green/gold and not ivory like Westeros wedding dresses suggests a last-minute bait and switch, with poor Sansa only finding out the truth moments before she's supposed to get married. It might just be one of those things that doesn't make a lot of sense in the final analysis.

Yes, should be interesting to see how they let that story play out. Obviously, there was a definitive decision made to draw out this event, evident from how late in the season the wedding is actually taking place. My thinking is that they wanted to give the introductions of the Tyrells to King's Landing and their scheming with Sansa more importance than they got in the books. Part of this may have been to delay certain King's Landing stuff until the following season but I also suspect that they wanted to take advantage of the casting of Diana Rigg and really give the Queen of Thorns a lot to do this season. My guess is that Olenna will be interacting with far more characters than she does in the book and there will probably be a number of invented scenes involving her and her family. I have no idea if they're going to simply drop the whole "surprise" aspect of the wedding itself with both Tyrion and Sansa and simply have the announcement of the betrothal earlier in the season be the surprise with the wedding being something they both know is coming after that. Who knows? Because I enjoy all of the actors involved, I think it will be highly entertaining regardless.

Yes, should be interesting to see how they let that story play out. Obviously, there was a definitive decision made to draw out this event, evident from how late in the season the wedding is actually taking place. My thinking is that they wanted to give the introductions of the Tyrells to King's Landing and their scheming with Sansa more importance than they got in the books. Part of this may have been to delay certain King's Landing stuff until the following season but I also suspect that they wanted to take advantage of the casting of Diana Rigg and really give the Queen of Thorns a lot to do this season. My guess is that Olenna will be interacting with far more characters than she does in the book and there will probably be a number of invented scenes involving her and her family. I have no idea if they're going to simply drop the whole "surprise" aspect of the wedding itself with both Tyrion and Sansa and simply have the announcement of the betrothal earlier in the season be the surprise with the wedding being something they both know is coming after that. Who knows? Because I enjoy all of the actors involved, I think it will be highly entertaining regardless.

Well, wayyyy back in the summer of 2012, James Hibberd at Entertainment Weekly had released a teaser description of "upcoming Thrones storylines," although it was unclear if this was something cooked up by someone at the show or something Hibberd came up with on his own. Here's the description:"We couldn't possibly tease all of the upcoming Thrones story lines in the remaining space...or could we? Let's try: A reluctant betrothal. A devastating imprisonment. A ferocious army. A debated sacrifice. A spy in love. An undead lord. An unexpected wedding."There's "a reluctant betrothal" and "an unexpected wedding." I doubt they both refer to the RW, even though both fit (Edmure's betrothal was awfully reluctant until he got a look at Roslin). "Unexpected wedding" probably refers to the RW, since it's the last item in the last (and therefore the one that packs the most punch). "Betrothal" doesn't seem to fit Sansa and Tyrion, since they're hardly betrothed for very long in the books, but if this blurb is from the showrunners, and if it is intended to preview Season 3, then maybe Sansa and Tyrion will actually be "betrothed" on the show for longer than five seconds, meaning it will fit better. The Entertainment Weekly Game of Thrones special released this week states flat out that Sansa gets married this season ("though not to the person you might expect"), so the writers/showrunners/HBO marketers aren't being particularly protective of Sansa's wedding as a super shocking twist; that might indicate that the wedding plays differently than in the books.

8. Hopefully Da Vinci's Demons won't suck like Camelot did.

I just read , it's not really a mash up, novel The Malice of Fortune by Michael Ennis , that has Niccoli Machiavelli and Leonardo da Vinci as sort of Holmes and Watson solving the mystery of he murder of Juan Borgia in a historical setting that would have brought them and Cesare Borgia (after he had become commander of the Papal armies). In a historical setting where they all would have been.

But da Vinci plays such a minor role including him does not work, the ending is similar to that of the film MURDER BY DECREE.

The portrait of Machiavelli good and Ennis put his effort into that. Other wise it's a lackluster novel.

I too have hopes that Da Vinci's Demons is not a comic book narrative. Lord!, in real life he seems to have been everywhere and done everything , but it's true , they picture him as a young man, not much is known of that part of his life.

It's going to take some really good writing to save this one, cause the blurb ads make him look like an action hero.

No, they will show the battle at the Fist, I am 100% sure. Watch the new trailer and check those huge armies. This season is going to be heavy on CGI.

:agree:

Also, a set report pretty much confirms it, and the Old Bears actor stated that the "first scene of S3 was his favorite", so we can safely assume it will be the fist.

Well, wayyyy back in the summer of 2012, James Hibberd at Entertainment Weekly had released a teaser description of "upcoming Thrones storylines," although it was unclear if this was something cooked up by someone at the show or something Hibberd came up with on his own. Here's the description:"We couldn't possibly tease all of the upcoming Thrones story lines in the remaining space...or could we? Let's try: A reluctant betrothal. A devastating imprisonment. A ferocious army. A debated sacrifice. A spy in love. An undead lord. An unexpected wedding."There's "a reluctant betrothal" and "an unexpected wedding." I doubt they both refer to the RW, even though both fit (Edmure's betrothal was awfully reluctant until he got a look at Roslin). "Unexpected wedding" probably refers to the RW, since it's the last item in the last (and therefore the one that packs the most punch). "Betrothal" doesn't seem to fit Sansa and Tyrion, since they're hardly betrothed for very long in the books, but if this blurb is from the showrunners, and if it is intended to preview Season 3, then maybe Sansa and Tyrion will actually be "betrothed" on the show for longer than five seconds, meaning it will fit better. The Entertainment Weekly Game of Thrones special released this week states flat out that Sansa gets married this season ("though not to the person you might expect"), so the writers/showrunners/HBO marketers aren't being particularly protective of Sansa's wedding as a super shocking twist; that might indicate that the wedding plays differently than in the books.

Who's the spy in love? The only one I can think of is Talisa, or am I missing something?

Am i the only one who wants to know who is the "undead lord"?

Archived