College Basketball 2013 Tourney: Blue Blooded Blues

Rhom

It's okay, we'll get Julius Randle tomorrow. ;)

Yeah I was about to say - on one hand, you just lost to Robert Morris in the NIT.

On the other, you've got 5 (6? 7?) future NBA players chomping at the bit to get on your campus next fall. So there's that!

Ugh. Glad this season is over. Bring on football.

As for Harrow, there's a lot of talk that he might just give up basketball.

This team would have been better off if he'd stayed gone earlier in the year. How he could have spent a year in residence last season and not been prepared mentally for this, I will never know. Cal has said he won't change his recruiting philosophy, but I guarantee that's the last time he goes into a season without a bonafide PG on the roster. I don't know if he'll be able to make room for the kid from Madison Central or not... But I promise he will do everything he can to clear space for him.

In all seriousness, I like our chances at Randle but I'm not sold. I think Gordon goes to Zona, but I have no clue on Wiggins. He may wind up at FSU after all.

Ugh. Glad this season is over. Bring on football.

Indeed. Spring practice started this week. There's always the women's team I guess.

I've been wondering, has there ever been a time the girls made the tourney and the men did not?

This team would have been better off if he'd stayed gone earlier in the year. How he could have spent a year in residence last season and not been prepared mentally for this, I will never know. Cal has said he won't change his recruiting philosophy, but I guarantee that's the last time he goes into a season without a bonafide PG on the roster. I don't know if he'll be able to make room for the kid from Madison Central or not... But I promise he will do everything he can to clear space for him.

In all seriousness, I like our chances at Randle but I'm not sold. I think Gordon goes to Zona, but I have no clue on Wiggins. He may wind up at FSU after all.

Yeah hopefully we get Randle tomorrow. I don't think Wiggins will sign with us, as much as I would love to use the plethora of Ender's Game zingers in my arsenal.

I think Gordon will go to Washington. Wiggins is definitely most likely for FSU, but who knows. The last thing I saw on him was that he was waiting for it to feel right, and that was after all of his official visits.

Randle had a great visit to KU, and then shut things down. So that makes me feel good. We also are wide open on playing time, he can have 35 minutes a game if he wants it. UK's situation is much more complicated, especially if he believes the rumors about WCS and Proythess returning.

Apparently UK homer Mark Maggard has predicted both Randle and Wiggins to KU. That would be fucking crazy.

This St. Mary's / Middle game has been fun.

Dellavadova single handedly pushed St. Mary's to a double-digit lead, but then Middle broke out its three-identical-guards-built-like-running-backs-constantly-in-your-face package that it used against us to great effect, and now it's back to a one-possession game.

Nice win for St. Mary's - they put the clamps on MTSU nearly the entire game.

They will be a very tough matchup for Memphis.

They'll beat Memphis. Memhis is overseeded. St. Mary's is a real team.

Nice win for St. Mary's - they put the clamps on MTSU nearly the entire game.

They will be a very tough matchup for Memphis.

Kinda hard for me to feign righteous indignity that MTSU was taken over Kentucky though...

A two-point loss in Moon Township or a double-digit loss in Dayton. It really doesn't make that much difference Rhom.

So very true. Did you hear Calipari's comments from last night? They were playing them over and over on Mike and Mike this morning. The man just sounds beat down.

Archived