Dany's season 3 plot. Spoilers!

Longspear Ryk

Difficult to say. I don't think they will open the Meeren stuff this season. She will get her unsullied midseason and then go on the landtreck to Westeros. The Yunkai stuff in the books will be there, not sure if Yunkai will be or not though. I'd wager the last scenes of her will be the Mysha scene (when she frees the slaves from one city) or just afterwards when she sees the slave (children) nailed to the crosses pointing to Meeren. The latter would also be a good opener for the next season.

So, her arc is: Detour due to Jorah -> Meet Arstan at Docks (ev. with assassination attempt) -> Slavers/get unsullied -> Leave Burned Astapor -> Besiege Yunkai or Field Battle -> Convince Daario to switch sides -> Win the Battle -> Mysha Scene. That fills up a season quite well...

Season 3 will probably end with Dany taking Yunkai and freeing the slaves. Then season 4 can focus on her taking Meereen. They can show us stuff that GRRM couldn't in the books like Jorah and Barristan in the sewers. I wouldn't be surprised if Dany's season 4 story ends with her locking up her dragons. I have a feeling that scene is going to be emphasized a lot more than it was in the books. Then season 5 can end with her marriage and season 6 with whatever happens next in TWOW.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dany's season 4 story ends with her locking up her dragons. I have a feeling that scene is going to be emphasized a lot more than it was in the books.

In the books, it was a just another of GRRM "something big happen while you where away" comments e.g. like at the end of ACoK. Jon and Qhorin Halfhand get captured. At the beginning of ASoS, Jon has killed him??????

I'll be surpirsed if they manage to pull Dany's story off convincingly as she has about 5 chapters in the whole of ASoS.

A hard core GoT friend of mine pointed out that Dany is on a boat in one of the trailers. When has she *ever* been on a boat in the books? I read them a while ago and can't remember.

However, since the show is an entirely different animal than the books, is it possible that they want to throw her into "the game" faster? What I'm getting at: Will we see Dany fighting in Westeros this season? You can't answer by saying "but in the books" because clearly from last season as evidence they are writing a new story for everyone.

I'm cautiously warming up to this theory as I can't see HBO having Dany wandering around another land for three seasons while the rest of the big characters are in Westeros. Whatcha think?

A hard core GoT friend of mine pointed out that Dany is on a boat in one of the trailers. When has she *ever* been on a boat in the books? I read them a while ago and can't remember.

They take a boat named Balerion to buy her Unsullied. On the boat is also I believe where she has her random masturbation/lesbian experience and I believe where Quaithe comes to her in a "dream."

However, since the show is an entirely different animal than the books, is it possible that they want to throw her into "the game" faster? What I'm getting at: Will we see Dany fighting in Westeros this season? You can't answer by saying "but in the books" because clearly from last season as evidence they are writing a new story for everyone.

I'm cautiously warming up to this theory as I can't see HBO having Dany wandering around another land for three seasons while the rest of the big characters are in Westeros. Whatcha think?

It's already know that her story will end this season with the mysha scene. So count on it that they will follow the book closely. and in emmy got from this season. GRRM stated vaguely that they will probably cover DwD and FfC around 2-3 seasons. and next season is almost only SoS.

Its also been hinted at that "Artsan" will be revealed to be Barristan Selmy by the end of episode 1. If true it opens up alot of fun possibilities. I imagine Selmy would fill in as an exposition character in several scenes, giving more backstory.

I'll be surpirsed if they manage to pull Dany's story off convincingly as she has about 5 chapters in the whole of ASoS.

People keep pointing out the handful of Dany chapters in SoS.

But those are long chapters and a hell of a lot happens in them.

If they did elaboration of those chapters could fill two seasons.

Stuff could be invented between Yunkai and Meereen.

George only gives a flashback summary of the taking of Meereen , if they wanted Meereen could take up an episode or two in season 4, before pulling stuff from ADwD.

That gives season 4 a lot action sequences if one counts the battle for the wall.

It's already know that her story will end this season with the mysha scene. So count on it that they will follow the book closely. and in emmy got from this season. GRRM stated vaguely that they will probably cover DwD and FfC around 2-3 seasons. and next season is almost only SoS.

Following the book closely is a bold prediction. Hope it comes true. Guess I have to thumb through my book 3 to get at her plot points again. I really like her development and maturation process. I'm predicting that in the end (Book 8??) Team Dany takes the Iron Throne.

Difficult to say. I don't think they will open the Meeren stuff this season. She will get her unsullied midseason and then go on the landtreck to Westeros. The Yunkai stuff in the books will be there, not sure if Yunkai will be or not though. I'd wager the last scenes of her will be the Mysha scene (when she frees the slaves from one city) or just afterwards when she sees the slave (children) nailed to the crosses pointing to Meeren. The latter would also be a good opener for the next season.

So, her arc is: Detour due to Jorah -> Meet Arstan at Docks (ev. with assassination attempt) -> Slavers/get unsullied -> Leave Burned Astapor -> Besiege Yunkai or Field Battle -> Convince Daario to switch sides -> Win the Battle -> Mysha Scene. That fills up a season quite well...

Watching the 2nd trailer, they will start with Meereen most certainly. There was a short cut with Jorah and one with i believe it was Daario with the arakh fighting, which can only be the sacking of Meereen

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=R4XSeW4B5Rg

0:35 seems to be Daario

1:16 is Jorah fighting within city walls in the dark, which CAN only be Meereen

Or, you know, the sack of Astapor after the "Dracarys" scene... Seems more likely.

One question for me is whether they conflate Yunkai into Meeren, i.e. remove the second city and have it later be Astapori armies besieging Meeren. In that case, I'd say we will see Meeren, but the scenes mentioned above will still not be in Meeren but in Astapor. They can certainly do this, but I'm not sure how much they really gain by removing one city...

Ep 1- Buys boat, starts sailing to Astapor

Ep 2- Still on boat, conversations with Arstan and Jorah, maybe that scene where Jorah kisses Dany, arrives at Astapor at the end of episode

Ep 3- Has a look around Astapor, speaks with master slaver about Unsullied

Ep 4- Daenerys comes to Barristan Selmy and Jorah for advice about what she should do about the Unsullied

Ep 5- Daenerys does the deal with the Master slaver, gives him Drogon for Unsullied, lots of shots of her new army like in the trailer

Ep 6- Speaks with Jorah about her plan now she has the army but doesn't have Drogon, ends with the "Dracarys" scene.

Ep 7- Dany travelling from Astapor with the army, she is all astonished by how far she's come, Jorah advises her to go to Yunkai.

Ep 8- Arrival at Yunkai, meeting with the sellsword captains

Ep 9- Doesn't appear, lot of focus on Catelyn & Robb's story

Ep 10- Battle at Yunkai, clips from the trailer where Jorah is fighting, 'Mhysa' scene and all that.

Or, you know, the sack of Astapor after the "Dracarys" scene... Seems more likely.

One question for me is whether they conflate Yunkai into Meeren, i.e. remove the second city and have it later be Astapori armies besieging Meeren. In that case, I'd say we will see Meeren, but the scenes mentioned above will still not be in Meeren but in Astapor. They can certainly do this, but I'm not sure how much they really gain by removing one city...

It's daylight during the 'dracarys' scene and night when Jorah is fighting, i would call that massive inconsistency ;)

For the battle at Yunkai: They are not fighting within the walls, but on the open field. Jorah is definitely fighting inside a city

Also, i believe that Daario will arrive before ep10, or they would have him out of this season and cast him for season4, as they have done quite a few times til now

Archived