GRRM Reveals Iron Throne Spoiler During Emmy Panel

J. Stargaryen

I'll go for Tommen >> Mycella >> Aegon >> and then finally, Shireen - A queen baring the scars of a mortal illness conquered, to rebuild a realm suffering the scars of a mortal threat vanquished. Also, there has to be a good narrative reason why that girl exists.

If this means that Tommen dies I am going to be so pissed.

ME TOO. I am SO SAD about this quote. It spells disaster (DISASTER!) for Tommen and Myrcella in my opinion. I knew in my heart that Tommen was unlikely to make it, but I had hopes for Myrcella. On the other hand, it could just mean Jaime is going to reveal the truth and take them out of the picture (I know this is unlikely). Sigh.

I'm surprised by several. I would have thought maybe "a few" but not as many as implied by that wording. I mean, as of now, in the books, there have only been Robert B., Joffrey, and Tommen, and that's through 5 of them.

"There will be several more people taking the throne before the end."- Author George R.R. Martin gives the audience a

#GoT reveal.

Begin speculation. :)

In case you didn't see it, it's worth a worth. Lots of laughs, mostly provided by Peter Dinklage. Definitely a good watch.

ETA: here is a link to the panel from WiC: http://t.co/lbu85khBET

Here is the link direct from Emmys.com: http://www.emmys.com/game-of-thrones

That simply means that Tommen won't be the final king which is rather obvious. I don't see a big reveal.

I very much doubt Margaery--or the Tyrells, for that matter--is going to survive the upcoming power struggle. Even assuming she wins her trial (and I could see her getting shockingly condemned after all), sooner or later, Tommen's going to die (Tyene might poison him, as has been speculated) and sooner or later, she's going to have to deal with an Iron Throne claimant who won't want to marry her.

Haw! That would be hilarious! I doubt Victarion is going to make it back from Essos, though.

I don't think the Tyrells' future is tied to Tommen. I think they'd happily dump him as soon as he became a liability. Truthfully though, my prediction is based not on where things currently stand, but largely off of the Jon Snow - blue rose connections. I think he very well might take that as his sigil. If he does, maybe we'll see a WotR style ending with Jon's blue rose and the Tyrells' golden rose, a la the Lancaster and York roses combining to form the Tudor rose.

Did anyone catch the actual quote? Because a few sources are reporting the quote as not "several more" but "a few other people." If it's a "few," it's probably Tommen, Aegon, and whoever winds up on the throne at the end.

Did anyone catch the actual quote? Because a few sources are reporting the quote as not "several more" but "a few other people." If it's a "few," it's probably Tommen, Aegon, and whoever winds up on the throne at the end.

I pulled the quote from the Emmy twitter feed: https://twitter.com/PrimetimeEmmys

"A few" and "several" are synonymous anyway.

Tommen doesn't have to die. Cersei can die just fine all by herself, and then Tommen can be usurped pretty easily without killing him. Just take him under the arms and lift him off the throne - done.

Then you can send him to the Rock, keep him as a ward, whatever.

Archived