How will Dany receive Tyrion?

I think that Dany would, at first, not react well to Tyrion. He's a Lannister after all. Why would she like him? However, once she gets to know him better, I think she'd realize that his mind is a good thing to have around. Although I'm not sure if they could ever become friends, I think she would recognize that he's a good ally.

So far no other Lord has been able to use Dany for his own ends, she has actually been the one strong enough to dictate the terms of interaction, having been no one's pawn. I think after some preliminary troubles Martin has to introduce in order to entertain us Tyrion and Dany will communicate on a balanced level.

And Tyrion's dragon knowledge is in the story for a purpose, Martin has, with only two more books to come, to bring the storylines together. Dany and Tyrion as main protagonists have to meet at some point.

If both characters take unexpected turns, doing the right thing and fight the Others instead of following their personal power trips - well, I guess in the end they will.

And Tyrion's dragon knowledge may just as well serve to destroy the dragons as weapons of mass destruction, the saddest tragedy, being forced to bring down what he always admired.

I should have said lords like Tyrion will TRY to use her. Jamie said he wouldn't lack for money in all the places on the planet he could have gone he strides of to find Dany (the woman whose family was brutally murdered by his own) because she has dragons n he has dreamed on riding one since he was a child, so did every other kid in westeros. He thinks he can use his clever little tongue to what become her husband, go back to westeros on a dragon n get his revenge (that's using to me). Or whatever he's planning to achieve by going to Dany.

Does he even have useful info about the dragons? Are these books about dragons ones only he has? do he know How to raise, train n get them to obey you? Or does he only know what size they grow to,how long they live, same thing other well read ppl know. Everyone has an agenda n wants to use others to get what they want, Tyrion is not the exception.

believe it or not, thats the exact same reason why I'm not his biggest fan as well :( it's like to him its all(life) a game. Where I really lost it, was when JonCon contracted greyscale and he didn't!

That really pissed me off too, JonCon saves his life n gets greyscale for it but he doesn't. He's the luckiest person is the book. Why did Jon do it anyway? I can't remember did illyrio ask him to watch out for Tyrion? Why risk his life for Tyrion?

Many who believe in the A+J=T theory believe that once Tyrion gets to Dany and one of her dragons takes a liking to him (a la Brown Ben) she will simply do the same.

I don't think that it will be that simple. Firstly Tyrion is part of the family that killed her brother's children(we all know how much she despises the Usurper's dogs), also we know that Barristan bears no great love for Lannisters as well. The fact that he's keeping company with Brown Ben is also going to work against him I think.Also I dont think her prickly nature will allow her to to tolerate his satires.

Then theres this interesting passage in ACoK

Does this foreshadow Viserion taking a liking(being the most docile dragon) to Tyrion or perhaps even killing him? :)

Either way, I don't think their meeting will go as smoothly as many people expect.

i think tyrion will reveal to her that he killed tywin.

That really pissed me off too, JonCon saves his life n gets greyscale for it but he doesn't. He's the luckiest person is the book.

Tyrion's plot armour is becoming a bit much, which is why I think he might get greyscale. Also the references in the book to him as a gargoyle and similar references to Shireen as a gargoyle (and her having had greyscale) makes me think it's possible he has greyscale and it's developing internally.

Tyrion's plot armour is becoming a bit much, which is why I think he might get greyscale. Also the references in the book to him as a gargoyle and similar references to Shireen as a gargoyle (and her having had greyscale) makes me think it's possible he has greyscale and it's developing internally.

I thought when George said (specially Tyrion being his fav) that the ending would be bittersweet that Tyrion will somehow find tysha n his daughter restore them at casterly rock n die himself that would be bittersweet for him n for me, I just don't want him on the IT or hand of the king/queen there's no surprise in that.

I thought when George said (specially Tyrion being his fav) that the ending would be bittersweet that Tyrion will somehow find tysha n his daughter restore them at casterly rock n die himself that would be bittersweet for him n for me, I just don't want him on the IT or hand of the king/queen there's no surprise in that.

That would be bittersweet, and also echo Tywin's line about not wanting Tyrion to turn Casterly Rock into his Whore House as Tysha and Lanna were prostitues in Braavos. So they would benefit, but Tyrion with greyscale, would never be able to interact with them.

That would be bittersweet, and also echo Tywin's line about not wanting Tyrion to turn Casterly Rock into his Whore House as Tysha and Lanna were prostitues in Braavos. So they would benefit, but Tyrion with greyscale, would never be able to interact with them.

That would make Tywin roll in his grave. He can be like doran martell, sit in the corner in his chair and watch them frolic in the pool and smile to himself with bron teasing him. The End :)

That would make Tywin roll in his grave. He can be like doran martell, sit in the corner in his chair and watch them frolic in the pool and smile to himself with bron teasing him. The End :)

That would be a good ending for him.

making sure I'm doing the tags correctly.

Tyrion faces some challenges, for sure. He is currently in the company of BBP and Jorah, two men Dany will not be happy to see. Barristan thinks very little of him, and his notoriety proceeds him.

That being said, I think she will eventually take him on board. If the HotU visions are to be believed, she must travel to Vaas Khaleen and get the crones on her side. This, among other things, lead me to believe that she won't reunite w her forces until after the battle for Meereen has occured. Tyrion will have to do something during/in the aftermath of the battle to prove himself indespensable, and have this to show to Dany on her arrival. Perhaps this will be dragon related, but I'm skeptical about this. Sure, he's read up on the lore, history, and biology of the dragons, but these are death machines. I can read everything there is to know about sharks, but that doesn't mean I can dive right into the ocean and tame them. It seems that Vic may have the advantage on magical means of dragon domesticating, (if the horn works) not Tyrion. More likely it will be, as Lummel and others suggested, a governance related role, and (assuming they survive) Tyrion would find a way to play Jorah/BBP and Selmy against one another in order to gain Selmy's acceptance.

An advantage Tyrion may have is Morroqo's visions. Morroqo apparently sees in his flames a larger, central role for Tyrion, which should give Tyrion leverage w Vic, or at least prevent Vic from acting on any hostilities he may have. A possible outcome is Tyrion offering his dragon knowledge to Vic instead of Dany, but I'm skeptical, to say the least, of Vic's chances of success w the dragons.

What's more interesting to me is Tyrion's role in

The Dance w Dragons II. If he comes to Westeros w Dany, he must choose which side he will be on.[spoiler/]

Tyrion faces some challenges, for sure. He is currently in the company of BBP and Jorah, two men Dany will not be happy to see. Barristan thinks very little of him, and his notoriety proceeds him.

That being said, I think she will eventually take him on board. If the HotU visions are to be believed, she must travel to Vaas Khaleen and get the crones on her side. This, among other things, lead me to believe that she won't reunite w her forces until after the battle for Meereen has occured. Tyrion will have to do something during/in the aftermath of the battle to prove himself indespensable, and have this to show to Dany on her arrival. Perhaps this will be dragon related, but I'm skeptical about this. Sure, he's read up on the lore, history, and biology of the dragons, but these are death machines. I can read everything there is to know about sharks, but that doesn't mean I can dive right into the ocean and tame them. It seems that Vic may have the advantage on magical means of dragon domesticating, (if the horn works) not Tyrion. More likely it will be, as Lummel and others suggested, a governance related role, and (assuming they survive) Tyrion would find a way to play Jorah/BBP and Selmy against one another in order to gain Selmy's acceptance.

An advantage Tyrion may have is Morroqo's visions. Morroqo apparently sees in his flames a larger, central role for Tyrion, which should give Tyrion leverage w Vic, or at least prevent Vic from acting on any hostilities he may have. A possible outcome is Tyrion offering his dragon knowledge to Vic instead of Dany, but I'm skeptical, to say the least, of Vic's chances of success w the dragons.

The Dance w Dragons II. If he comes to Westeros w Dany, he must choose which side he will be on.[spoiler/]

You got your test tags correct, but mucked up the actual spoiler's tags :lol:

I think if push comes to shove, he'll choose the winning side. This is Tyrion we're talking bout here, he's not exactly a loyalist.

Except Doran is no whoremonger :) that wouldn't be a bad end for our Lion though.

That really pissed me off too, JonCon saves his life n gets greyscale for it but he doesn't. He's the luckiest person is the book. Why did Jon do it anyway? I can't remember did illyrio ask him to watch out for Tyrion? Why risk his life for Tyrion?

I dont remeber if it was ever mentioned, but I always thought that maybe Aegon wanted to jump in after him(Tyrion did kinda save him from the stone man earlier on) but JonCon intervened and went in himself.

i think Dany and Tyrion will be faced with the same moral decisions to make: how important will their personal revenge, their claims and "rightful" heritage be to them in the face of greater issues? Will they be able to give up their personal selfish ambitions, maybe even their life, for the greater good? Will they see where the real conflict lies? Both will be faced with similiar problems and may find different solutions, thus being on different sides in the end - or only on their way to the big finale. Will there really be a big battle "dark" vs "light" like in LOTR? I'm not so sure.

Because Young Griff wanted to save him.

i think Dany and Tyrion will be faced with the same moral decisions to make: how important will their personal revenge, their claims and "rightful" heritage be to them in the face of greater issues? Will they be able to give up their personal selfish ambitions, maybe even their life, for the greater good? Will they see where the real conflict lies? Both will be faced with similiar problems and may find different solutions, thus being on different sides in the end - or only on their way to the big finale. Will there really be a big battle "dark" vs "light" like in LOTR? I'm not so sure.

I think that there will be a big "dark vs light" battle. However when it comes to them sacrificing themselves for the greater good, Tyrion is the only one I can see going through with it. Dany may feel that there's more she still needs to do.

I think she will accept him. After all he killed Tywin Lannister. That alone will be his in. Also when she realizes he is the smartest person she has ever met she will see his value.

Thats true Tyrion is a survivor if any thing else, he brings all sorts of knowledge to the table between him and Messandie they'll will be formidable.

Sure, he's read up on the lore, history, and biology of the dragons, but these are death machines. I can read everything there is to know about sharks, but that doesn't mean I can dive right into the ocean and tame them. It seems that Vic may have the advantage on magical means of dragon domesticating, (if the horn works) not Tyrion. More likely it will be, as Lummel and others suggested, a governance related role, and (assuming they survive) Tyrion would find a way to play Jorah/BBP and Selmy against one another in order to gain Selmy's acceptance.

I think we've seen enough fore shadowing to say that tyrion will more than likely be Dany's dragon tamer, he has enough knowledge and every good fantasy series w/ dragon riding needs a tamer.

He can tell her all sorts of stuff about the current situation in Westeros - people's strategies, their troop strengths, what they want. All this is unknown to her. Barriston Selmy is a bit too unworldly too be of use to her and Jorah has not been in Westeros for years. She remarked she needed someone more cunning and prepared to be immoral - Tyrion can be that person.

Thats true Tyrion is a survivor if any thing else, he brings all sorts of knowledge to the table between him and Messandie they'll will be formidable.

Maybe he'll find the harpy for Dany, play the same trix he did on varys, LF n pycelle, he's very good at the game n politics while selmy is a soldier n ill suited for the task.

Archived