How will Dany receive Tyrion?

Barristan would undoubtedly be briefed by Ilyrio/Varys.

I am not sure if it is in the book as well, but Varys says "There are many who know that, without you, the city faced a certain defeat. The king won't give you any honours, the histories won't mention you, but we will not forget."

EDIT: Tyrions info on Aegon/fAegon would be also appreciated.

I was going to say something similar. And, you know, men gossip even soldier, I can imagine it getting around

"Ya know if it weren't for the 'alf man. We'd 'av been right screwed..."

This is ASoIAF we're talking about, news travels fast :fencing:

Yes, but I thought Tyrion didn't receive any credit thus anything Selmy heard would be credited to Tywin.

Tyrion was dragged to the Eyrie by Catelyn Tully, a mother who thought he had murdered her child, and ended up laughing his way home with Bronn and an army of Hill Tribesmen.

I think he'll be able to talk his way into her council, or at least make himself seem useful enough to avoid immolation.

Lann the Clever is the other role model there for Tyrion. Sometimes he very consciously channels the spirit of Tywin, but playing tricks on people is a strong part of his nature too.

Part of Tyrion's story in ADWD has been role reversals. From freeman to captive, from captive to equal, from freeman to slave, from slave to Lord of Casterly Rock. Perhaps there will be a reversal from his quest to find to find Daenerys and ingratiate himself with her to her having to ingratiate and bargain with Tyrion.

That could well be the case since there are two rogue dragons on the loose in Meereen and Tyrion is meant to be our dragon expert!

If he himself believes that he's an expert, he may just end up like Quentyn :whip:

Tyrion was dragged to the Eyrie by Catelyn Tully, a mother who thought he had murdered her child, and ended up laughing his way home with Bronn and an army of Hill Tribesmen.

I think he'll be able to talk his way into her council, or at least make himself seem useful enough to avoid immolation.

Catelyn didn't have 3 unstable dragons, nor was she bearing a 13year old grudge

If he is the normal Tyrion who shoots off at the mouth then she will probably feed him to her dragons.

I could imagine the dialogue going something like this:-

Dany "And what do you have to offer my cause?"

Tyrion "Look, Just lie back, close your eyes, and spread your legs, and we'll get along famously?"

Dany "Drogon. Dinner."

He is bound to be accepted somehow.

It´d be a weird anti-climax, even for GRRM, to have him travel all this way just to be dragonfodder.

Ned Stark traveled all the way to KL just to be Paynefodder :fencing:

Does anybody think he will tell Dany about Young Griff? Or will he keep that info to himself?

I think that's the one piece of info that will save him. I dont think we have any other character(who's heading to her) who knows about Griff & Co.

Archived