How will Dany receive Tyrion?

Maybe he'll find the harpy for Dany, play the same trix he did on varys, LF n pycelle, he's very good at the game n politics while selmy is a soldier n ill suited for the task.

Was he really that good? In the tyrion reread thread we talked about how that move he did there actually acomplished almost nothing and just pissed of LF.

tyion caught Pycelle who is a Lannister man, that is why when Tywin came to KL he reestablished Pycelle.

LF was pissed of, and later framed tyrion.

Varys later played tyrion into executing the Antler Men who had a lot of debt towards the IT, that cannot be paid back after their death, tyrion still didn't realised this.

Basically tyrion messed with two of the most dangerous people, and he couldn't catch either, since none of them were stupid enough to fall for his trick, and he caught the least dangerous one who was a Lannister man (just one who was more loyal to Cersei than to him), and was reestablished later by Tywin.

tyrion at the end got tangled up in his rivalry with Cersei, and instead of moving against the real players he just managed to piss of a few men, and catch a little insignificant fish.

Though it is worth to say that Pycelle was more than happy to proove that tyrion had the neccessary poison to kill Joffrey.

Anyway he might be able to do something in Meereen because the people of Essos are portrayed having no brain.

I think we've seen enough fore shadowing to say that tyrion will more than likely be Dany's dragon tamer, he has enough knowledge and every good fantasy series w/ dragon riding needs a tamer.

Har! never considered this before, and if you take Moqorro's vision into account it could be possible :dunno:

BBP and tyrion are about to walk outside their tent where they are playing cyvasse and Viserion is gonna roll up, together they will somehow sub due him, then BBP will ride the dragon and help Dany in the battle thus winning the Second Sons, BBP and TYrion back into her good graces. She will be happy to see them.

BBP and tyrion are about to walk outside their tent where they are playing cyvasse and Viserion is gonna roll up, together they will somehow sub due him, then BBP will ride the dragon and help Dany in the battle thus winning the Second Sons, BBP and TYrion back into her good graces. She will be happy to see them.

Viserion is more likely gonna "Harrenhal" that tent :)

Was he really that good? In the tyrion reread thread we talked about how that move he did there actually acomplished almost nothing and just pissed of LF.

tyion caught Pycelle who is a Lannister man, that is why when Tywin came to KL he reestablished Pycelle.

LF was pissed of, and later framed tyrion.

Varys later played tyrion into executing the Antler Men who had a lot of debt towards the IT, that cannot be paid back after their death, tyrion still didn't realised this.

Basically tyrion messed with two of the most dangerous people, and he couldn't catch either, since none of them were stupid enough to fall for his trick, and he caught the least dangerous one who was a Lannister man (just one who was more loyal to Cersei than to him), and was reestablished later by Tywin.

tyrion at the end got tangled up in his rivalry with Cersei, and instead of moving against the real players he just managed to piss of a few men, and catch a little insignificant fish.

Though it is worth to say that Pycelle was more than happy to proove that tyrion had the neccessary poison to kill Joffrey.

Anyway he might be able to do something in Meereen because the people of Essos are portrayed having no brain.

A bit harsh. I'd like to see him go toe to toe with the Green Grace, he'd out her as the harpy.

• 2 months later...

Only "bump"?

That's considerable lack of imagination, have an opinion please :)

It is possible that Tyrion might finally receive Dany since she is away om dragonback and Tyrion may be in Mereen before her after somehow having turned the Second Sons to switch sides.

A bit harsh. I'd like to see him go toe to toe with the Green Grace, he'd out her as the harpy.

Seriously, I think Daenerys could use a Tyrion just for these reason. Barristan brings it up himself -- Daenerys has soldiers and she knows how to fight but she doesn't have detectives, followers who are good at unravelling secrets and chasing shadows. That's what Tyrion is good at; the dragonlore thing is interesting but that's something Dany could figure out on her own just by owning a pet for that long. Hunting down the Sons of the Harpy and chucking them behind bars where they belong -- that's a Tyrion thing.

Woman of war

Regardless of where Tyrion is, he still has to try & win a place in her court. He's currently on the right course after joining with Ben Plumm & Co.

Mad Monkey

True, if Dany let's Tyrion handle her "mystery" matters he will surely help out the snakes in her court. The Sons of Harpy proved to be much too much for her to handle.

More like how will Tyrion receive Dany...

He'll probably facepalm at how much like his sister Dany is in her decision-making skills. I can see her stumbling out of the desert all covered in ash and filth and him being like... "so this is the mother of dragons huh?" while the green and white dragons are busy trashing shit up and Drogon eats more babies.

I imagine that Tyrion will not be accepted immediately, nor that he will immediately be given any sort of chance. Dany's knee-jerk reaction will probably be to order him killed, but Barristan will stay her hand and convince her to imprison and interrogate him. Even Dany would see that a Lannister, who was knee-deep in KL politics before leaving KL, would be worth much more to her alive than dead.

It is not in Dany's character to IMMEDIATELY give him a chance to prove himself. As he cooperates with her more and more, she will slowly grow to trust what he is saying, and when she considers that he killed Tywin and fled searching for her, and that he is respected by Ilyrio, and that he helped her win the battle of Meereen (which he will surely do) then she will give him a chance to really prove his desire to work with her. This won't happen quickly, however. He wont be winning her favor in one meeting, but she wont kill him immediately, either.

If Danny comes back to Mereen and Tyrion has somehow played a key role in defending the city or protecting her Dragons she will accept him. He can prove himself in her absence. Maybe he somehow keeps Vic or whoever from seizing one, maybe he sniffs out the Harpy, or whatever. If there really are only two books left, he's mostly going to have to prove himself in her absence, because damn, we got a lot of ground to cover.

More like how will Tyrion receive Dany... He'll probably facepalm at how much like his sister Dany is in her decision-making skills.

OMG. That's so true. And not oft considered around here. More oft, we get the assumption that Tyrion won't live to join Danny because of how he treats prostitutes, which seems more wishful than relevant, or that he'll have to cowtow to Dany and perform some kind of hazing ritual to gain acceptance from her. But now that you say it, of course he'll see her as the new Cersei he's traded for! And since he's already hit rock bottom, I don't think he'll allow himself to be driven to drink again by his disappointment with what he finds in Daenerys; since this is his last chance to turn things around,I think he'll be motivated to act quickly to prevent Dany from going down the Cersei path. That whole mentor thing, but with an added sense of urgency. And if there is a conveniently timed "new Danny" emerging from the convictions reached in her final chapter, then she may now be more open to taking on Tyrion as the best counselor around than she would have been previously. Also, I think his hand will be evident in saving the pieces of Meereen by the time she gets back on site. When she inspects the state of things there, Tyrion's worth will likely already be proven. And she'll think "See? This is the kind of rulership tactics I've needed all along but which didn't just come to me through osmosis...... I need a teacher it seems, and there wasn't a worthy one here until now, and it's more important that I learn this stuff than it is to punish this tiny man for a family name he's already disavowed."

Alistair,

You make it seem like Tyrion has another choice besides going to beg at Dany's feet. How else can he take Casterly Rock? The men he has at the moment surely aren't enough.

Mother of Dragons,

Yeah sure, IF he manages to keep Mereen. But that seems almost unlikely because it would require a lot of manpower, something which I think will be very low once the battle is done.

Archived