London BWB meet-up: Sat 20 April 2013

It's a pity you can't make it :(

Yeah, I was hoping to make it and get Seany to have the baby for a couple of hours but not to be.

It wouldn't have happened for me last week either because the baby was so sick I wouldn't have left him.

N

We're now in the Blue Eyed Maid -

173 Borough High St, London SE1 1HR

http://goo.gl/maps/Y9u60

Manager of bar instructed friend (loose term) to not use e-cig, by poking him in the shoulder and growling at him. Friend goes outside to smoke it. They get into a barney outside - unclear on precise details. Friend told to leave the pub.

I went to speak to the manager and he wouldn't tell me what was said, just that he wanted friend to leave. I said that might well mean we leave too - he said he was fine with that.

I went to check out a pub over the courtyard, and when I came back to the George to talk to the congregation I ran into the manager on the stairs - he asks me where I'm going, as he told me to leave. I reminded him he told my friend to leave, not me. He said I could leave too.

So we all left.

Terrible pub anyway - 1 out of 3 bars open, 2 rude barstaff, and a closed 'beer festival' keg stand no one could give me an opening time for.

it was a good night out, you all should have been there. Yes the George was rather crap and we where all made to feel rather unwelcome even before banning incedent. However this was the first pub I have ever been kicked out of in my life (other than at closing time) The Maid was much better, Food and drink cheeper, friendly staff, good atmosphere and a better area we could claim (however some of the live singing could have been more tuneful)

I'll let others fill you in on more details, I just wanted to let you all know I got home safely even if I should have stayed a few mins latter then I wouldn't have had that disturbing experiance of seeing what could have been an Old and flabby Targh (about 30 years older who has obvioulsy fallen on hard times) Yes he had the Beard ( grey and a bit stringy) and hat (faded and a bit deformed). Sorry Targh but he really did look a fair bit like you in his faicial features other than the eyebrows, and yes I got a very good look. This man was asleep on the train head back and snoring. his feet where on the front of the seat oposite with his kness bent. In one hand he had a beer can he was slowly emptying everytime the train shook.

after about 10 mins of him snoring someone decides to prod him. all this does is disturb him enough so his legs flop apart still with his feet on the front of the seat infront. This means everyone on the carriage now has this prominent view of his crotch, unfortunately his trousers. split and he wasn't wearing any underwear. I moved carriages after this with most of the people in this carriage.

I'd like to second that. I had an absolutely wonderful evening, I met lots of nice and interesting people. I hope to see you soon again!

Edit: THIRD that, Pebbles ninja'd me. Thanks for the badge and the hugs, sure needed that in my stresssfull times with uni exams :)

Second edit: I'm sorry for that weird train experience :/

Archived