Best/Worst Named Characters

Rhymes with Chic

Rickard Karstark is also one of the best, it sounds so great the name itself made me like the guy.

Most of the northern names are good, solid names.

Hugor Hill is a pretty cool name, especially for a dwarf. (Bastardy aside.)

I think Quentyn is a great name for that character, the name fits his personality.

And I think Viserion is an awesome dragon name, Rhaegal is pretty cool as well, but I don't like Drogon.

Meraxes is awesome, and Balerion the Black Dread.

Whoresbane Umber

Maegor The Cruel

Tytos Lannister

I tend to not like the female names made up by House/Head-of-the-family names, like: Barra, Walda, Lanna.

Freya is nice though, does Walder have any daughter/granddaughters/greatgranddaughters named Freya?

• 1 month later...

In all honesty, I love almost all the names in the series. They're either cool old names with cool variants of spelling or really exotic. I love them. Almost all of them really.

But Sansa, and this has nothing to do with the character so don't freak, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

To be honest? Eddard. It sounds like someone with a stroke trying to say Edward. At least most people call him Ned.

Also, Daemon Blackfyre. There is a fine line between awesome and cheesy. And sticking a "Demon" in there crosses it.

Worst

2) Jaime Lannister. His siblings got the delicious names Cersei and Tyrion and he's... Jaime? It takes me out of the book and puts me in The Babysitter's Club every time.

:lol:

Am I the only one who dislikes the Lannister's family name? Sounds like some soap opera dynasty to me (maybe due to the assonance with Forrester? :uhoh: )

Names I like:

- Oberyn Martell

- Stannis Baratheon

- Sandor Clegane

- Thoros of Myr

- Alliser Thorne

- Ilyn Payne

- Dagmer Cleftjaw

Arthur Dayne and Gerold Dayne (Darkstar) are pretty cool names

Eddard (not Ned) is fine

Oberyn Martell

Victarion Greyjoy sounds strong

The worst... all Ghiscari and DwD names, like Yollo, Hugor, Penny, Griff...

Archived