-Aurane Waters

-Asha Greyjoy

-Podrick Payne

-Obara Martell

-Quentyn Martell

-Ygritte

-Rickard Stark

-Davos Seaworth

Stannis Baratheon. Stannis sounds angry, rigid, yet strong and with a hint of nobility to it. Baratheon just sounds awesome and badass, and very majestic. Like the name of a mythical beast or something. It fits Robert very well too; Robert as a name sounds strong, popular and heroic. Before he became a drunk king he was sort of heroic.

Honourable mention to Rhaegar Targaryen. Royal, just very royal and beautiful name. Roose Bolton is also very good, sounds cool and sinister. Theon Greyjoy is awesome; Theon is such a rare name it seems and it sounds enigmatic and conflicted.

Otherwise, to me Shaggydog wins the Best Name Ever cup without competition. The name is so silly, it's brilliant.

Yeah, it's a pretty great name. Everytime I read it anywhere I just hear Rickon on the show saying, "Heerre Shaggydog".

Yeah, it's a pretty great name. Everytime I read it anywhere I just hear Rickon on the show saying, "Heerre Shaggydog".

And it's so wonderfully incongruous. If I heard a child calling for "Shaggydog", I'd think he had a little Yorkshire terrier or something. "Direwolf" is not what would come to mind. (Well, of course it would because I've read the books and seen the show, but if I hadn't. :P)

Shaggydog FTW!

And it's so wonderfully incongruous. If I heard a child calling for "Shaggydog", I'd think he had a little Yorkshire terrier or something. "Direwolf" is not what would come to mind. (Well, of course it would because I've read the books and seen the show, but if I hadn't. :P)

Shaggydog FTW!

I imagine him at the age of twenty, being a high lord and just regretting the name "oh man, why did I do that?"

Best in no particular order.

Edrick Dayne

Beric Dondarrion

Cregan Stark

Harrion Karstark

Howland Reed

Arya Stark

Eddison Tollett

Theon Greyjoy

Worst in no particular order.

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Jaime Lannister

Jamie Lannister

Jaime Lannister

And all of the small folk called Pate

To me Jamie is too modern, and summons up a play boy image. A lot of the names I just love and they work really well. I like Visenya and Alysanne, I like Victarion and Cersei and I like Selyse though I agree it does not go with Baratheon but this is just like all those poor unfortunate women IRL who's married names are dreadful with their first name. Selyse Florrent is a great sounding name and really works with the highgarden florally feel of the region she was from. I love Sansa and Theon and think they could easily take off. I like the Targ names a lot they sound really foreign which is perfect for an invading house. I never read Euron and Urine at all more Yuron and Aenys is always Anais with the S emphasised instead of silent, In fact if any of you have seen the kids show Gumball I pretty much read it as the same as his kid sister. An-I-ees.

Worst:

Asha Greyjoy because its too close to Osha and no one should ever confuse a cool character like Osha with such a worthless bum.

Bran, I just think of cereal

The dragon names. So thoughtless and rushed by Dany, just like their character development.

Best:

Dolorous Edd Tullett

All of the Mormonts have perfect names

Archived