awful double standards >:(

I don't get the Sansa hate at all...seriously...I watched a marathon with someone and wanted to slap her for real when she started cheering in season 2 for Sansa to get raped. I mean, WTF has she done but been a naive, young girl?? I didn't think the book to television hate would transfer so much, but apparently Sansa is hated in any medium.

Some people are seriously stupid...they actually think that these are real characters that exist, like GoT is a documentary or something. I've never met anyone like that IRL, but apparently they exist.

EDIT: and really, only Kit and Alfie have been said to read the whole series? I acted growing up and whenever I got cast or involved with something I would become kind of obsessed with it, learning everything I could...I don't see how all of those actors resist.

wait, didn't Gwendoline say she read them all? Or just her chapters? And how could you understand anything only reading your chapters??

I don't get the Sansa hate at all...seriously...I watched a marathon with someone and wanted to slap her for real when she started cheering in season 2 for Sansa to get raped. I mean, WTF has she done but been a naive, young girl?? I didn't think the book to television hate would transfer so much, but apparently Sansa is hated in any medium.

No offence, but this person seems a bit messed up to cheer for something like that. Sansa's near rape was one of the most unsettling scenes the show has done, and along with the beating from Joffrey, really made people sympathise with her a lot more IMO. I'm sure most, if not all, viewers wouldn't wish that upon her.

No offence, but this person seems a bit messed up to cheer for something like that. Sansa's near rape was one of the most unsettling scenes the show has done, and along with the beating from Joffrey, really made people sympathise with her a lot more IMO. I'm sure most, if not all, viewers wouldn't wish that upon her.

No offense taken, I actually got upset about, and I agree...and this girl is usually so sweet too, loves everyone. It just came out of nowhere of silent watching for hours - "RAPE HER!!!!" I was like...huh? It bothered me, being a girl myself...

I agree...and this girl is usually so sweet too, loves everyone. It just came out of nowhere of silent watching for hours - "RAPE HER!!!!" I was like...huh? It bothered me, being a girl myself...

That's effin creepy. I don't wish rape upon anyone. I felt equally as sorry for Cersei as I did for any of the other characters, for example.

Ick! The urge to see Sansa raped is exactly my point: the hate toward her is disproportionate to her moral character. And I bet the rape sentiment is more pervasive than you would think. The point of my post was to speculate why Joffrey/Gleeson (the most deserving punchable character in the series) had - reportedly - such a pleasant experience with fans while Sophie/Sansa (a frustrating character, no doubt, but not a sadistic murderer) gets the opposite treatment. Granted, we're talking about fans here who can't separate actors from their roles, and feel the need to tell the famous person they're meeting that they HATE them. Gleeson could be putting on a happy face, but I can't help but wonder if this contrast is emblematic of how much hate teenage girls get in our society. PS - that comment in the Gleeson EW article about the the fan responses to Carmela v. Tony Soprano was spot-on. It happens to other actresses as well (Kristen Stewart comes to mind).

If you are fortunate enough to meet a cast member, BE NICE!!! MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD ABOUT WHAT THEY DO SO THAT THEY WILL WANT TO CONTINUE WORKING ON THE SHOW YOU LOVE.

I don't think that reading the books is necessarily an advantage for an actor in this series, as there are differences in the storyline between the books and the series, and differences in the way that some characters are depicted.

Tywin is an altogether more genial figure in the series than he appears in the books; Cersei is made slightly more sympathetic; Tyrion's dark side is significantly downplayed; Jaime, OTOH, is made worse. Pycelle in the books is a lickspittle, but in the series, he's portrayed as quite sharp-witted, albeit, pretending to be a bumbling fool. Shae is an altogether different character in the series to Shae in the books. Robb is an important POV in the series, but he's never a POV in the books. Brienne is a much harder character in the series than in the books.

Clearly, the producers had their reasons for wanting to portray the characters in this way, and it wouldn't be helpful for the actors to wish to portray them differently.

I remember Emilia mentioning on one of the Comic Cons about putting little notes on Dany's chapters to help her get into the character.

Sophie seems so sweet and amazing and Lena is such a funny person; I enjoy watching her interviews.

You did NOT just go there.... :thumbsdown:

do you have ANY idea how strong ballerinas are? Ballerinas strength/mass ratio is way WAY beyond that of even the strongest weight lifters!

Do you have even the slightest inclination what discipline, will power, training and sheer torture goes into dancing on pointe, AND making the whole shebang look like you're just having tea with your grandma in a tutu? Ballerinas are better athletes than Football players, and if you're going to be fooled by the color pink, then I can't help you ser,

You better check yourself!

I am no ser, madam! haha I do understand though, that ballerinas are quite strong. But its just such the typical pretty girl response, VS Maisie's "I'd pick a tortoise because they've got a hard shell and the motto would be 'go hard or go home'!" which idk, I just thought was creative and funny.

I like Jack Gleeson because of his fantastic acting of how he makes me love to hate Joffrey.

And I didn't like Sophie Turner at first (because I hated Sansa in S1), but then I started liking her and started liking Sansa because of her.

If I met them, I'd go wild, hug them, and take millions of photos of me with them.

I am no ser, madam! haha I do understand though, that ballerinas are quite strong. But its just such the typical pretty girl response, VS Maisie's "I'd pick a tortoise because they've got a hard shell and the motto would be 'go hard or go home'!" which idk, I just thought was creative and funny.

apologies! apologies madam :)

yeah it's a typical girlie response, so what? we girls get enough crap as it is... why does "girlie" have to be something negative? :(

It makes me sad, that's all

apologies! apologies madam :)

yeah it's a typical girlie response, so what? we girls get enough crap as it is... why does "girlie" have to be something negative? :(

It makes me sad, that's all

I agree. People think I'm so not girlie because blue is my favourite colour, but how many cute things come in blue?!

I agree. People think I'm so not girlie because blue is my favourite colour, but how many cute things come in blue?!

ok, NSEW, you are officially adorable :)

and people I'd like to see some reform, let's not equate girlie with "the worst thing in the world", it's not! thanks!

I think I've actually seen that double standard a lot. Sometimes viewers are too hard on female actors portraying characters they don't like but praise male actors even if they hate the character.

I find this case so weird though. Sophie's so young. Also TBH that story mentioned above where someone said "RAPE HER" is really disturbing.

ok, NSEW, you are officially adorable :)

and people I'd like to see some reform, let's not equate girlie with "the worst thing in the world", it's not! thanks!

Aww shucks I'm adorable! I better tell Pups she's been out cute-ed in this household :P

I'm a radfem and I embrace my femininely. No idea why people think it's either or.

Archived