[Book Spoilers] A wedding, a warrior and a wight?

Father of Dragons

I don't know. For it to be Coldhands, they have to get beyond the wall in 2 episodes (episode 5 just aired). I don't see them speeding things up that much. That doesn't leave much room for the few things they do in the journey.

The older gentleman could be a new scene, not in the books. It could also be the Flint clan guy they meet on their journey. I could even be Bloodraven, and could be Bran "meeting him" through dream.

I just don't see how they will have enough Bran scenes in the next couple episodes to get them to the wall.

Sam's meeting with an "older gentleman" could be one of several things

- Coldhands, as per the book.

- his use of the dragonglass spearhead/dagger on an Other, if this doesn't happen in ep 7.

- through some re-engineering of the plotlines from the book, the older gentleman is the same old man that the wildlings kill at Queenscrown. This obviously needs a massive re-arrangement in the timelines and whereabouts of Sam, Jon and Bran's group.

Anyone see the trailer with Gilly and Sam running through the haunted forest?

There's ravens everywhere! I'll bet a few gold dragons it's Coldhands

Could also be the oither scene from the book that involves those.

Yeah and the guy who plays Coldhands aint the guy who played Benjen, so there's one of my favorite theories blown out of the water.

Why do people think Coldhands is Benjen? It was stated Coldhands "died a long time ago". Benjen hasn't been dead long at all if he is even dead. I never believed Coldhands to be Benjen in the slightest but I am curious to what everyone thinks about this topic? If you think Coldhands is Benjen, tell me why! If you think Benjen is alive, what the hell has he been doing and when will he re-appear.

Why do people think Coldhands is Benjen? It was stated Coldhands "died a long time ago". Benjen hasn't been dead long at all if he is even dead. I never believed Coldhands to be Benjen in the slightest but I am curious to what everyone thinks about this topic? If you think Coldhands is Benjen, tell me why! If you think Benjen is alive, what the hell has he been doing and when will he re-appear.

This may not be the right thread for this topic, but for ExarOs sake..

The only convincing argument that Coldhands is not Ben Stark is the quote from the Child of the Forrest and that "died along time ago" bit.

Otherwise, why not Benjen Stark? Coldhands was definitely once a member of the Nights Watch, he had to be in order open the underground passage at the Night Fort. The only other likely candidate would be The Night King, who was also Nights Watch. Either way, my point is its not impossible that its Benjen, and it makes the most sense. Could be that Coldhands was someone who actually warged into a wight, and that wight could have been anyone, someone long dead.. heck even the Night King. We know the Starks can warg, maybe Coldhands is the Night King with Ben Starks warged mind/soul.... Could be a lot things.. and it could be Benjen...

However, if Coldhands is not Benjen in all actuality, then Benjen may be shacking up in those secret tunnels and will make a visit to Bran and the Reeds in the next book.. just a guess..

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that the Hound is a second son?! He will probably be traveling with Arya this episode in order to get to the wedding in time. Perhaps kidnapped in episode 7

Yep. Some other second sons other than Mero/Tyrion/Hound/Bran, just for fun:

Oberyn Martell (arrives in KL before PW)

Euron Greyjoy (bye-bye Balon?)

Brynden Tully / Blackfish

Ramsay Snow/Bolton, second son in books, though perhaps not in show

Tommen Baratheon/Lannister (doubt any significance in episode)

Wendel Manderly (rides with Robb to RW, older bro Wylis captured by Lannisters at Green Fork, but we may not officially see any Manderlys in season 3)

Garlan Tyrell (obviously not in show)

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that the Hound is a second son?! He will probably be traveling with Arya this episode in order to get to the wedding in time. Perhaps kidnapped in episode 7

Yeah, i think Arya and the Hound will appear in this episode. She obviously gets captued by him in episode 7 (from the preview) and i think that will be the last thing we see from them in that episode, so they will need to at least feature a scene where the Hound tells her he is taking her to the Twins (i cant see them having that scene in episode 9, she needs to already be near/at the twins in that ep). I really hope they have a few scenes togetehr in episode 8/9/10. I love their relationship and think it would be great to start building it this season. I also hope that they actually feature them at the RW instead of waiting until the final episode to show Arya arriving at the Twins. It would be more impactful if she appears during the actual episode.

And from the preview, it looks like the Hound captures Arya during the night. I was expecting him to attack some of the Brotherhood and take her during the day (i remember seeing the Hound fighting in one of the trailers and it was broad daylight). So it looks like The Hound will be fighting at the Twins. So i expect him to capture her in ep 7, tell her where they are in going in ep 8, show up at the Twins in ep 9 and then maybe a scene featuring the two in the final

Another reason for it to be called second sons is because Tyrion is one.

Not only that, but Sansa is also a second child, so she is the heir to the North. This is the episode where Robb must talk about the will. He will need to name his heir Ned's second son: Jon.

Archived