Stannis Ruined? (Book Spoilers)

what good qualities does Stannis have besides his order hard on. I mean there's not much to paint him in a good light in asos let alone wipe away all the bad stuff he does

Pretty funny how he's so attached to Mel now

They're certainly making Stannis a more passionate sort of character.

Given the vision in the flames of a man being consumed by his own crown, or metaphorically speaking, his own desire for power, I can see why they chose to portray him as such. But yeah, like you said, cold, grouchy Stannis is pure win.

Yes, they are doing bad things to his character.... but let's just wait until Mel fetches Gendry, when he will have a huge decision to make: to kill an innocent. That will be the deciding factor for Stannis... D&D don't like him, but there are other characters they don't like and they didn't go out of their way to destroy them on screen.

They had best not change his character any more then they have. I would be upsett and disappointed that one if the deepest/most complex characters was ruined. That scene with him was just meh.

Stannis and Cat are too "adult" for the show. They like the tweens best and the whores and whoremongers.

this is HBO , of course they love whores and whoremongers more than deep and complicated characters like Stannis and Cat.

E-Ro

They had beat not change his character any more then they have. I would be upsett and disappointed that one if the deepest/most complex characters was ruined. That scene with him was just meh.

it is sad indeed.

Call me strange, but I actually prefered the Stannis in that scene to the one we usually see in the books. Book Stannis is such a hypocrite, he pretends everything is about duty and birthrights, when it's clear that he lusts for power just as much as any other would be king. The Stannis we saw in episode 3 seemed a lot more honest and human. He has his desires just like any other man, and doesn't try to disgusise them under nobler motives.

Well, since I'm definitely a fan of Stannis, I loved the scene! But, in terms of the show, and setting my prejudice aside, I did think it diminished him too much. However, it was a great portrait of continuing depression following his loss at BoBB. Thought Mel (of whom I'm not a fan, either) did a terrific job of emerging as the most powerful director of Stannis' campaign at this point. But.....Please don't let her hurt Gendry, please don't let her hurt Gendry, please don't let her hurt Gendry....................

Call me strange, but I actually prefered the Stannis in that scene to the one we usually see in the books. Book Stannis is such a hypocrite, he pretends everything is about duty and birthrights, when it's clear that he lusts for power just as much as any other would be king. The Stannis we saw in episode 3 seemed a lot more honest and human. He has his desires just like any other man, and doesn't try to disgusise them under nobler motives.

of course you like the show Stannis more , after all you are a Stannis hater .

I get the impression HBO is trying to find a "sexier" way to get Stannis to go to the Wall,instead of Davos learning to read.

And yeah, he was way out of character, even for TV Stannis. Even Melisandre was acting out of character. I guess i should give HBO credit for not having a scene where they are straight up going at it.

But.....Please don't let her hurt Gendry, please don't let her hurt Gendry, please don't let her hurt Gendry....................

I have a felling Gendry is toast. Why else would Mel chase down the Brotherhood without Banners? Especially after her speech about sacrificing king's blood.

Actually book Stannis quite visibly does not lust for power or for the IT because he wants it, but because... Well, because it's the Lawful thing to do and he will break before he bends.

Archived