[TV/Book Spoilers] TWoP Unsullied Thread Part 4

The Anti-Targ

Folks, this thread has been derailed for two full pages now, morphing into 'Book Tyrion vs. Show Tyrion.' Anybody's free to start such a thread if you'd like to continue the discussion.. elsewhere?

Meanwhile, back at the TWoP Unsullied thread, there are some very interesting conversations going on, including interpretations of the various religions.

Glad you did that... I was planning on doing it too since it's been two pages I've been bored to death on this thread ! ;)

On the other hand, I must confess I am also bored to death by their conversation about Red God and Lord of Light, but well... ^^

On the other hand, I must confess I am also bored to death by their conversation about Red God and Lord of Light, but well... ^^

Lol, I hear you. I find it interesting, though, that some of the old guard Unsullied also post in the Episode thread--like the one posting in the Episode thread regarding Cersei marrying Loras. He/she said that Kraznys got roasted by dragon fire, Jaime got his hand cut off, Karstark had his head chopped off--and they were the lucky ones, compared to Loras having to marry Cersei. :P Lots of pinpoint wit and zingers always flying back and forth over there, and almost never directed at other board members (thanks be to the Lord of Light!), but rather aimed at show characters. Always fun...

ETA: typo

So, Robb is solidly in first place on the Death List. Again, I wish I could somehow separate my book knowledge from my show knowledge to understand how the Unsullied (these and many other show-only fans) know that. Its like they don't guess it, they don't speculate about it, they know it.

So if I had to speculate as to which significant female character will die first, I'd guess Ygritte. I don't think Jon Snow is meant to be happy.

Totally. Especially now that they've Done the Deed. I think Ygritte has moved to the number two position on my Death List, with Robb at number one. (That's my list of folks I *think* will die this season, not folks I want to die - the Want to Die List will always be headed up by Joffrey.)

They love the term 'Starkpidity'

Not just with these Unsullied but a lot of non book readers in general just expect anyone that doesn't do things like Tywin to be stupid and Ned 2.0. I never felt that strongly about the value in 'playing the game' the correct way from reading the books.

A common theme with the Unsullied is that according to them nothing works out for the Starks. Hence, Robb's actions over the last two seasons are seemingly leading to his demise.

"Starkpidity" I believe it has been dubbed.

BUt that's not possible because the RW is happening in episode 9, and since they all know that Robb will die this season, there's no other option.

Right, they are definitely expecting this season, I just hope the show sets it up so they expect it in a different manner than at the wedding at the Twins. Like maybe they say something about Robb trusting Bolton with something, so that it looks like that will be his downfall, and the wedding is just some minor step along the way.

Sorry iheartseverus!

Haha, I love their pessimism regarding the Starks. I guess Robb's crowning place on the death list comes from the 1st season fall of Ned. He started making mistakes and unlike in a more traditional story, his goodness didn't protect him from paying for them. Now Robb is making a bunch of mistakes, hence a notion he will too be paying for them. When you're that high up the foodchain, you pay with your head. Ygritte fits too as she's the spirited love interest. That chick always dies if the show is meant to have a good dose of sadness.

The problem is in the real world, a substantial portion of the audience is going to be turned off when/if Tyrion or Arya for that matter shows a darkside. I want the dark stuff to happen, but from showrunner point of view its not am insignificant concern. That line where an audience decides they are going to hate a person forever is pretty thin.

Yeah, but several of them have picked up on Arya's darker turn, and are worried for her too. I think it's definitely heading that way for her.

Haha, I love their pessimism regarding the Starks.

I saw a post... somewhere, can't say if it was the Unsullied or not, I just don't remember, but it was like a lightning bolt to the head for me, changed how I saw things. 'The Starks are not there for us to root for, the Starks are there for us to mourn.' Indeed.

Archived