[TV/Book Spoilers] TWoP Unsullied Thread Part 4

The Anti-Targ

My guess is that some of the sharpest of the Unsullied are going to do an 'uh-oh, this isn't going to end well' the very minute they learn that Robb, Cat and co. are heading to The Twins, no matter what diversionary tactics the show comes up with. Also, its almost eerie that some of them are somehow anticipating Arya teaming up again with Nymeria--and we know that's not gonna go well, either. I'm curious to see if the show is going to have Nymeria pull Cat out of the river, or if they'll handle that somehow differently.

Well, the show has played the "bridge" as the way between the Riverlands/Westerlands/Harrenhall where Robb is now and the North since in season 1, that's the way he took. So it is reasonable that he will stopp there if Robb is on his way to the North to free it and kill Theon himself.

Yeah, I'm curious what the show is going to do with Nymeria since it seems clear that the viewers want to see her again. And apparently for the unsullied, the show needs to build up trust in Jojen and Meera more (no, they are not flesh eating children of the Forest, though we may meet some of them later in that storyline...). It's hard. Locking them out of season 2 was the right decision but it eroded their reputation as honest loyal bannermen...

What's the over/under on how many Unsullied swear off the show tonight after Beric is resurrected? I wonder if we'll have another, "Fuck this! I'm about to quit this bitch!" like we did after Mel gave birth to a shadow demon.

Of course, that was an empty threat and so will all such declarations be, but still... Calling it.

What's the over/under on how many Unsullied swear off the show tonight after Beric is resurrected? I wonder if we'll have another, "Fuck this! I'm about to quit this bitch!" like we did after Mel gave birth to a shadow demon.

Of course, that was an empty threat and so will all such declarations be, but still... Calling it.

Yep, with you on this, but then, I've always eye-rolled the resurrections, like, oh, pul-eeese...

PS: What's your avatar? I always notice it because its so weird distinctive.

I'd like to get some input from some of our regular posters in this thread. Earlier today, a TWoP Mod posted this in one of their bookwalker threads (where the bookwalkers were mentioning the Unsullied thread). Bolding is mine.

MOD REMINDER

This thread is to discuss the show and the book, not the Completely Unspoiled Speculation thread. While I agree that that thread is interesting, it's not on-topic. In fact, discussion of the boards is generally off-topic anywhere on Television Without Pity. So if you want to talk about that thread, you'll have to do it elsewhere.

So, the question is--should we (can we?) invite the bookwalker threads folks here to this thread to observe and discuss their Unsullied thread? Some of the regulars in the bookwalker threads are very, very good--long, thoughtful posts, well thought out and articulate. My first impulse was to do just that, invite them here when they want to discuss their Unsullied brethern. Then, my second impulse was to ask the TWoP Mods if I could do that (mention/link another GoT site). Then, I just decided to step back--I'm so afraid of doing the wrong thing there, that I just didn't want to take a chance. Anyway, what does everybody here think? We in this thread take great care to be respectful and positive about the TWoP Unsullied, and I thought our observations and discussions might be enriched if we can add some TWoP bookwalkers to our discussions. Anybody's thoughts?

I am very ignorant of Forum board rules and politics, but given you reluctance, how about PM-ing specific individuals?

Also I can't see what the problem is with asking TWOP mods for permission, worst case they say no. best case they link to us in a mod anouncement as we get a flood of new members!

Also, that Avatar is a Black mage named Vivi, from the game Final Fantasy 9.

That type of being (wizards hat with no face) has a longer history throughout the Final fantasy games, as well as (maybe?) D&D culture in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivi_(Final_Fantasy)

I am very ignorant of Forum board rules and politics, but given you reluctance, how about PM-ing specific individuals?

Also I can't see what the problem is with asking TWOP mods for permission, worst case they say no. best case they link to us in a mod anouncement as we get a flood of new members!

Thank you,Faizlmam, that's good input. I guess my reluctance to ask (though I'd love a flood of new, smart, insightful TWoP members in this thread) is that Westeros has a sort of reputation at other sites for the... less than courteous... posts in some threads. I'd hope that we, here, don't fall into that category, but can we convince the Mods/members at TWoP of that? I look forward to more input from our regulars on this issue. Lets all talk this out thru the coming week, see what our members have to say, make a decision by next weekend? We might also want to discuss who among us should approach the TWoP Mods, who can best offer the assurance and make the case that we are respectful and interested in the Unsullied's speculations. I have a couple of our members in mind, but am interested to see what everyone else thinks.

I´m praying for the Unsulied to stay free of the "everybody is a secret Targ" theories

What, wait??!! You're saying everybody isn't a secret Targ? :dunno:

And now it begins...

The girl's face looked scaly. Dany's baby was scaly. I wonder if this is a birth-defect that runs in the Targaryen line? Maybe Stannis's wife is a Targaryen, or was raped by one at some point.

So, the question is--should we (can we?) invite the bookwalker threads folks here to this thread to observe and discuss their Unsullied thread? Some of the regulars in the bookwalker threads are very, very good--long, thoughtful posts, well thought out and articulate. My first impulse was to do just that, invite them here when they want to discuss their Unsullied brethern. Then, my second impulse was to ask the TWoP Mods if I could do that (mention/link another GoT site). Then, I just decided to step back--I'm so afraid of doing the wrong thing there, that I just didn't want to take a chance. Anyway, what does everybody here think? We in this thread take great care to be respectful and positive about the TWoP Unsullied, and I thought our observations and discussions might be enriched if we can add some TWoP bookwalkers to our discussions. Anybody's thoughts?

By the way, a forum thread discussing another thread is wonderfully meta. If someone starts analyzing this one, the Internet will probably implode...

So we're now discussing a thread that also discusses the Unsullied thread, which discusses the show, which is based on the books...

A few most probably did. Pity. Im sure those few will keep it to themselves.

Mormont was fishing to see of Selmy knew he was spying for Robert, and I'm sure he does know and will let that info drop at the right time.

I was worried when this scene first started, but it turned out pretty well. It looks like They are going to Yunkai, so either they are cutting out Mereen entirely or they will go there next season.

PS: What's your avatar? I always notice it because its so weird distinctive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivi_%28Final_Fantasy%29

I'd like to get some input from some of our regular posters in this thread. Earlier today, a TWoP Mod posted this in one of their bookwalker threads (where the bookwalkers were mentioning the Unsullied thread). Bolding is mine.

I say let them be. Let them find their way to this forum of their own accord. Seems a bit naughty to go into a thread where the members got given the "we don't talk about fight club" speech and invite people over to this forum for them to talk about fight club.

Thought this was interesting

How would Barristan know? I hope he *does* know b/c that would be more dramatic (when Barristan tells Dany her trusted advisor nearly sold her out to Varys' assassin). But Barristan didn't serve on the Small Council, and he doesn't seem superclose to anyone on that council, so how would he know?

These guys obviously think the series hasn't given us reason to think Barristan knows about Jorah's spying. No doubt they'll be able to work his knowledge into the story.

And no one seems to be too incensed about resurrection at this stage. I think you guys are way too precious about this aspect of Martinworld magic. Ice magic (The Others) --> zombonis. Fire magic --> imperfect resurrection. What's the big deal?

eta. If Margaery marries Joffery and Cersei marries Loras... does that make Cersei her own mother-in-law? Joffrey her brother-in-law? It's a whole new level of incest, she should be thrilled.

Don't know why I found this so funny, I just did...

It did made me think of Ray Stevens' "I'm my own Grandpa", though.

Thought this was interesting

These guys obviously think the series hasn't given us reason to think Barristan knows about Jorah's spying. No doubt they'll be able to work his knowledge into the story.

Easily explained. Ned was, to say the least, distraught over how that meeting worked out. Barristan seemed to be one of the few men in KL he really respected, I can definitely see Ned holding a "WTF has happened to my friend?!" fit to him. Either because Ned sought him out to talk, or Barristan wondered why Ned had resigned as Hand.

It looks like They are going to Yunkai, so either they are cutting out Mereen entirely or they will go there next season.

Since the last episode is "Mhysa"; I think this season ends with the slaves, including all the ones let out of Yunkai, proclaiming Dany as "Mother", so heading to Mereen will be next season.

It'll be funny when Mereen is introduced because I think the only reference to it on the show, so far, is the "Mereenese Knot". :D

I say let them be. Let them find their way to this forum of their own accord. Seems a bit naughty to go into a thread where the members got given the "we don't talk about fight club" speech and invite people over to this forum for them to talk about fight club.

You're probably right...

They never cease to surprise me (in a good way).

After Beric's resurrection, I thought the show didn't give enough specifics on how much it costs him each time, but the Unsullied were satisfied with the mere statement that it has costs. I think they just need to know that there are rules, and are confident in their ability to work them out over time. What made the smoke baby so troubling for them was the seeming lack of any limits.

I'm not that familiar with TwoP rules, so I'm not sure to what exactly the "fight club" comment is referring to, but I really don't see a problem with asking a mod if it would be okay to invite them over. I wouldn't do anything before that though, it shouldn't give the impression that we're trying to steal people away from them. And PMing them (before receiving permission) might just make it worse if it gets out.

I'm not that familiar with TwoP rules, so I'm not sure to what exactly the "fight club" comment is referring to, but I really don't see a problem with asking a mod if it would be okay to invite them over. I wouldn't do anything before that though, it shouldn't give the impression that we're trying to steal people away from them. And PMing them (before receiving permission) might just make it worse if it gets out.

Thanks. I agree that PMing would not be wise, it could be considered, I don't know, spamming? Sneaky? Whatever..

Archived