[TV/Book Spoilers] TWoP Unsullied Thread Part 4

The Anti-Targ

Yeah. They think there's more to it.

In fact, a lot of the pointless show only scenes (mainly the ones involving whores) are analyzed on there like they're important.

Honestly, why shouldn't they be important? Just because Ros is show-only doesn't means she's a throwaway character. She's definitely mostly for sexposition in season 1, but in season 3 she does seem to become more fleshed-out. Purists be damned, I can definitely see her getting some kind of mid-game significance. In fact, I've started to look into her position in the Game - most of her clothes-on scenes are with Varys or Littlefinger.

These unsullied are smart! They'll see the Red Wedding from a mile off.

(as they should do for it to be correctly foreshadowed. Casual viewers won't see it coming.)

It's worse than that - it could have been a great addition.

If Tyrion had pre-paid for Pod, and told them to refund his money, it would have been a callback to the Tysha story. Tyrion would have done for Pod what he thought Jaime tried to do for him, only in a better way. It would be oddly sweet even as it reminds more casual viewers of Tyrion's horror story from season 1, and prepare them for Jaime's confession next season (while making it all the more gut-wrenching).

I disagree. I think that is too horrifying a memory for Tyrion to do essentially the same thing to Pod. i,e, tricking him into thinking the girls like him. Obviously, it's nowhere near as nasty but I just don't see his character to be like that.

Can't quote from there but the most recent spitballer mentions Roz interacting with Varys, Littlefinger, and Pycelle and that she might be destined for a small council seat. I think that would be great, this place would be in an uproar.

People would be having kittens, each of which would in turn have a cow.

As far as Cat I think she will be kept alive, because I think her role is primarily to have one bad fortune after another befall her family while she watches.

Well that's true, but first she must die.

Still nothing about Beric's throat. Disappointed that they missed it (Though understandable, it's really not that obvious if you don't look for it)

I would hope that he will undress before the fight, a long shot around his destroyed body should do the trick. I have full confidence in the HBO prosthetics/cosmetics dept.

Now that the smart viewers have more or less deconstructed Ramsay, I would imagine the only remaining step is some full bore, explicit psychotic sadism. I don't have the theatrics background to imagine how they would do it, but they really must clearly show him in his cerebral, demented, Hannibal Lecter-esque glory.

I think Theon should disappear for the rest of the season and only reappear when he is at his rat eating worst, just before Ramsey sets out for Winterfell. The audience can fill in the sadistic blanks and they can can fill screen time with plot advancing scenes. OK, One more scene to confirm that Ramsey is Ramsey, but that should be it for S3 and at least 3/4 of S4 IMO.

Interesting, but then what happens re unCat after the RW? Surely, she too won't be 'mortally wounded,' and then 'healed' by Thoros? Shrug, who knows... Just seems if we gotta have one resurrection (Cat), may as well have two (Beric.)

We definitely need UnCat, unless they're going to venture pretty far from the books. I think they could still frame Beric as extreme healing, and then show Cat's resurrection as an extraordinary extension of those powers. I don't think it will be too much of a stretch to do that.

Speaking of Roose...

Grim looking guy, makes me think of the word "Indigestion" a lot but I think that's an acting choice on his part.

:bowdown: Bring in the prunes. (Should we praise the actor, or the director, or scriptwriting, or... whomever for this being so apparent?)

I'm with you, Nezzer, never liked it, and 'costless' is a good description of why. The other magical elements, giants, dragons, mammoths, The Wall, wargs, seers, wights, the Others--all seem just natural elements of this world, much as we accept cars and telephones and electricity and space travel in our world. But then Shadow Baby came along and something in me said CLUNK. And then known characters got killed and mysteriously got resurrected, and my reaction was DOUBLE CLUNK. They were the two worst 'magical' elements of the book series, IMHO. Other readers/watchers will disagree, of course, but that's just my 2 cents.

Looking at what has happened to Cat, I'd say the death isn't costless at all, just the cost differs

Cersei really isn't as clever as she thinks she is. She's so ham-fisted about everything, and smug when she achieves even the smallest, most meaningless victory, that she's actually made herself impotent. She is almost as bad as Ned Stark in terms of putting her cards out on the table all the time, and just walking around feeling sad that she isn't doing very well at the game. And then she scowls when people with initiative do things that show up how useless she is. She tries to comport herself with the same scowling, in your face real talk that Tywin does, but it doesn't work for her or her situation, and no matter how many Olenna's and Margery's she watches in action, she doesn't seem to get it.

Excellent description.

Its things like this that prove how good a job the show has done with the source material.

Can't quote from there but the most recent spitballer mentions Roz interacting with Varys, Littlefinger, and Pycelle and that she might be destined for a small council seat. I think that would be great, this place would be in an uproar.

You know, this might very well turn out to be right. Cersei really did put alot of random lickspittles nobles on the small council that had barely been mentioned before. I can't see the show casting all of this so they'd probably instead go for already established characters. Considering their history, I don't think Ros particularly likely, but who knows? It could be interesting to speculate who might get a council seat, or if they just remove all that mess.

By the way, a forum thread discussing another thread is wonderfully meta. If someone starts analyzing this one, the Internet will probably implode...

How fun would it be if Tywin's wife, while his husband was around playing war, was having fun with some low born servant. That way, Joffrey would be a Baratheon who is actually a Lannister who is actually nothing :)

I´m praying for the Unsulied to stay free of the "everybody is a secret Targ" theories

This guy is a greenseer :bowdown:

Awwww, that post made me squee!

I think they'll make Ramsay smarter in the show than in the book, to contrast with Joffrey's stupid evil.

I wonder what their upcoming theories on Littlefinger are going to be.

I can't help but think how things would have been different if it was Ned leading the Stark Army south instead of Robb. Theon probably would not have been sent back to his father, although I guess Nedmight have tried an alliance. I don't think Theon would have switched sides either. Not if Ned Stark had been there to point him in the right direction.

I really like this speculation. It's like Ned was Theon's rudder, or moral compass, and when he died and Theon got away from the Starks, he lost any sense of honor/decency. He was always a dick, but I never got the impression that he harbored rebellion/bitter feeling towards the Starks and only betrayed them under pressure from his family/desire for power and esteem. That's not to excuse what he did, obviously.

I think Bolton will end up doing something (or being accused of doing something) that breaks the Northern camp into factions (Bolton, Anti-Bolton, possibly Anti-Robb), resulting in major desertions as the rank and file decide the leadership has lost its mind/sight of its goals/any chance of not getting slaughtered by the Lannisters. The Brotherhood will grow stronger as Robb's army hemorrhages morale and men, possibly even taking Harrenhal. Bolton will decide that the war is lost, and secretly write to Tywin asking for an alliance. He will betray Robb and pledge fealty to the Iron Throne on the condition that Tywin grants him temporary authority over the North until Bran, Rickon or Arya is found (They will be officially proclaimed alive in order to keep Tyrell-puppet Sansa from being the Stark heir). He will promptly send his men to find and kill the remaining Stark children to secure his power. If he captures and decides to flay them, Bran (now a developed warg and unusually wise for his age) and Rickon could meet up with Theon in the dungeons (assuming he is the DREADFORT, which seems like a fairly safe assumption at this point), which could be very interesting to see.

:worried: :stunned: :eek:

Archived