[Spoilers] Remaining OMG Moments

spork

Simone Boyce states in her latest "Daily Raven" that each episode will have an "OMG Moment,' a la "Dracarys." What do people think these will be? Predictions:

• E5 - Slaughter of little Lannisters by Karstark
  • E6 - Tyrion's betrothal to Sansa?
  • E7 - Brienne and the bear/Jaime's rescue
  • E8 - Coldhands!
  • E9 - Red Wedding? Ygritte's death?
  • E10 - Sack of Yunkai?

(For your reference, here is Westeros.org's episode guide)

I seriously doubt we'll have an "OMG moment" à la Dracarys in every episode, but here's a list exciting moments:

E10:

Lady Stoneheart

Yunkai.

Either Ygritte's death, or Jon wounded in his escape by Ygritte.

Theon being flayed for the first time.

Ep 9:

RW (the ultimate OMG)

EP 8:

Grey wedding

Grey bedding

Coldhands

Ep 7:

The bear pit

Tywin showdown with Joffery (I'm really looking forward to this one)

Ep 6:

Brienne/Jaime bath scene (I hope)

Climbing the Wall

Ep 5:

Karstark beheaded

Hound's trail by combat

Why, I think they could all have several, no? I'll just put the ones I think are most likely so I don't overthink this...

5 Beric's resurrection seems like another 'oh my god a new use for magic' upcoming thing, which we may not have had in a while? Should be the most impressive of this episode.

6 Tyrion having to marry Sansa should be a shocker, but it'll be less of a shocker as it was in the books because the show made Tyrion into a sex machine and Dinklage is obviously not ugly, unlike Tyrion, so I'm going to have to go with Melisandre taking Gendry. Though we have predicted it on here, it doesn't happen in the books, and can be seen as quite shocking. Roose killing Locke instead of rewarding him could also be a surprise.

7. Seven hells! It's a bear! My god, Jaime is helping Brienne!

8. Coldhands.

9. Hmm, the episode is titled the Rains of Castamere, you say? Who knows what will happen! We'll finally find out whether or not Talisa is a spy, I hope.

10. Lady Stoneheart would be a good way of ending the series, kind of telling the by then depressed viewers 'vengeance is coming.'

I'm pretty sure Joffrey's death will be kept for the next season, and I think 'Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!' and Ygritte's death will too. Oh, and Theon's probably gonna get castrated at some point, but I'm not sure if that counts...

So how come everyone assumes Coldhands is as soon as ep8? I figure if Queenscrown is in 7 or 8, then by the both Jon and Bran get to the wall from there, the whole Sam emerging from a well has to be 9 or 10. IF they include Coldhands in this season, it would be in 9 or 10 no? Most likely 10, and that's still an if.

And what the hell is the Grey Wedding? STOP COLOUR COATING ALL THE WEDDINGS

Honestly I think the show has completely failed to develop the story up to the RW correctly and the RW will in no way live up to what it was in the books.

First of all, they have made Robb a less sympathetic figure so his death will in no way be as devastating to the audience.

Secondly, part of what made the RW brutal is the complete destruction of the Northern host, and many of the Stark loyalist that we've grown fond of, like SmallJon, Dacey Mormont, Reynauld Westerlying and the capture of GreatJon, Manderly's son, etc. Greywind also, we saw like once this entire season. The show has eliminated all those characters so RW will just be Robb and Cat's death, which although sad, will not be able to match the complete gut punch it was in the books.

Honestly I think the show has completely failed to develop the story up to the RW correctly and the RW will in no way live up to what it was in the books.

First of all, they have made Robb a less sympathetic figure so his death will in no way be as devastating to the audience.

Secondly, part of what made the RW brutal is the complete destruction of the Northern host, and many of the Stark loyalist that we've grown fond of, like SmallJon, Dacey Mormont, Reynauld Westerlying and the capture of GreatJon, Manderly's son, etc. Greywind also, we saw like once this entire season. The show has eliminated all those characters so RW will just be Robb and Cat's death, which although sad, will not be able to match the complete gut punch it was in the books.

We still have 5 episodes to build up the RW.

So how come everyone assumes Coldhands is as soon as ep8?

And what the hell is the Grey Wedding? STOP COLOUR COATING ALL THE WEDDINGS

I think the episode summaries talk about Sam and Gilly meeting and 'older gentleman' and that's where that spec is coming from. I had to think about Grey Wedding too - never heard that before. Anyway, apparently he is referring to Sansa and Tyrion's wedding (grey being a Stark color). Yeah, I'm not fond of it either.

I think the episode summaries talk about Sam and Gilly meeting and 'older gentleman' and that's where that spec is coming from. I had to think about Grey Wedding too - never heard that before. Anyway, apparently he is referring to Sansa and Tyrion's wedding (grey being a Stark color). Yeah, I'm not fond of it either.

People have been trying to colour coat it for a while now, I've heard multiple versions... It's unnecessary, why not just the Tyrion-Sansa wedding?

As for Coldhands, I don't know who the gentleman is, but it would only work so soon if they show us their meeting before he encounters Bran. Which could easily happen now that I think about it since we'll be seeing more of Sam's journey to the wall anyway.

But none of the other members of the Northern Host will be introduced, so we know the emotional impact of the RW is not going to be there regardless of what they do.

There are several episodes left. I think we will be introduced to more of Robb's bannermen. Wendel Manderly will apparently be introduced, based on pictures.

Lets not forget Summer saving Jon and possibly Arya killing the HELL out of someone. Probably Poliver, with the Tickler out of the picture

I think her going batshit crazy and stabbing someone will be in S4. Trauma of loosing her family and whatnot

Why, I think they could all have several, no? I'll just put the ones I think are most likely so I don't overthink this...

5 Beric's resurrection seems like another 'oh my god a new use for magic' upcoming thing, which we may not have had in a while? Should be the most impressive of this episode.

6 Tyrion having to marry Sansa should be a shocker, but it'll be less of a shocker as it was in the books because the show made Tyrion into a sex machine and Dinklage is obviously not ugly, unlike Tyrion, so I'm going to have to go with Melisandre taking Gendry. Though we have predicted it on here, it doesn't happen in the books, and can be seen as quite shocking. Roose killing Locke instead of rewarding him could also be a surprise.

7. Seven hells! It's a bear! My god, Jaime is helping Brienne!

8. Coldhands.

9. Hmm, the episode is titled the Rains of Castamere, you say? Who knows what will happen! We'll finally find out whether or not Talisa is a spy, I hope.

10. Lady Stoneheart would be a good way of ending the series, kind of telling the by then depressed viewers 'vengeance is coming.'

I'm pretty sure Joffrey's death will be kept for the next season, and I think 'Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!' and Ygritte's death will too. Oh, and Theon's probably gonna get castrated at some point, but I'm not sure if that counts...

Why do you think that Coldhands will be in Ep 8. The title isn't giving me any hints. "Second Sons" unless D&D are telling us that Coldhands is Benjen, who was the second son after Brandon was killed

Why do you think that Coldhands will be in Ep 8. The title isn't giving me any hints. "Second Sons" unless D&D are telling us that Coldhands is Benjen, who was the second son after Brandon was killed

The description states that sam and gilly meet an older gentleman. The only person Sam and Gilly meet before getting back is Coldhands, who is described as "old" in the books.

I don't see to many people placing the Sam killing a White Walker on their lists, but you have to think that is a "OMG" moment, especially for non-readers.

Dracarys wasn't an "OMG" moments. Everyone saw it coming.. It was epic, yes, but no surprise really... Mormont's death was the "omg" last episode.

Ep 5: resurrection

Ep 9: RW

Others: Ygritte death, the Bear, Yunkai, 2nd resurrection maybe. Can't think of that many.

People have been trying to colour coat it for a while now, I've heard multiple versions... It's unnecessary, why not just the Tyrion-Sansa wedding?

Because that takes longer to type every single time? Though tbh I thought Sansa and Tyrion's was the Gold Wedding (GW).

Archived