[Book Spoiler] Need advice on what to cook for a party for this episode

Borias

I've been to 8 liquor stores in the past week looking for Ommegang's Iron Throne Beer. It's been driving me crazy that I cannot find it anywhere in North Jersey. Anyone know where I could get it? I went on their website and none of the stores they suggested had it.

I've been to 8 liquor stores in the past week looking for Ommegang's Iron Throne Beer. It's been driving me crazy that I cannot find it anywhere in North Jersey. Anyone know where I could get it? I went on their website and none of the stores they suggested had it.

I am a craft beer fanatic and usually have success in tracking down the very rare beers whenever they come around. I have been to about a dozen different beer/wine specialty stores in the DC area and haven't seen it anywhere. I can say with some certainty that it was available in extremely limited quantities, at least around here. Which is weird, because Ommegang beers are pretty ubiquitous.

For "Rains of Castamere" I was able to pick up 2 bottles of an awesome beer from CA, Russian River's Consecration - a wild ale aged in barrels of cabernet sauvignon. I've had it once before and it tastes almost like wine, with a nice RED color. Now I need to find a food pairing...

[url]http://bythepint.com/sites/default/files/images/consecration-russian-river-beer-review.preview.jpg

I like the idea of some form of bread with salt as appetizer, and the red velvet cake and cookies for dessert. For the main course, I'd try to make something wedding food-ish - I like using fish and whatever it is that represent the Freys since it is a Frey/Tully wedding. But the main course should be something reasonable for your budget, cooking ability, and the tastes of your guests. The dessert can be the foreshadowing, but the main course doesn't need to also be foreshadowing, it can just be reasonable wedding food or party food.

I am a craft beer fanatic and usually have success in tracking down the very rare beers whenever they come around. I have been to about a dozen different beer/wine specialty stores in the DC area and haven't seen it anywhere. I can say with some certainty that it was available in extremely limited quantities, at least around here. Which is weird, because Ommegang beers are pretty ubiquitous.

For "Rains of Castamere" I was able to pick up 2 bottles of an awesome beer from CA, Russian River's Consecration - a wild ale aged in barrels of cabernet sauvignon. I've had it once before and it tastes almost like wine, with a nice RED color. Now I need to find a food pairing...

[url]http://bythepint.com...iew.preview.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. As far as Ommegang's beers, yeah I've had them before I even heard they were coming out with IronThrone. I like their Three Philosopher's ale. It's kind of weird that especially in the Northeast that Iron Throne isn't available in mass quantities given GoT's popularity and Ommegang's ability to produce.

Thanks for the suggestion. As far as Ommegang's beers, yeah I've had them before I even heard they were coming out with IronThrone. I like their Three Philosopher's ale. It's kind of weird that especially in the Northeast that Iron Throne isn't available in mass quantities given GoT's popularity and Ommegang's ability to produce.

Actually Consecration isn't sold anywhere but the West Coast (and Philadelphia for some reason). I bought it from a store that brings in beers from outside the market and marks them up ridiculously. I actually hate giving them my business but sometimes I can't resist.

Ommegang's good, but most (if not all) of their beers are Belgian style, of which I'm not a huge fan. I do want to try the Iron Throne Ale, though.

It took me the better part of the day, but my red velvet (fondant) iron throne cake is complete!! It's my unsullied friend's birthday today, so no one suspects anything. She's a big Robb fangirl. Poor thing. At least she has a killer cake. Heh.

#gameofthrones #cake #homemade #instagood #funtimes #birthday #girls #baking

A photo posted by Caryn Liz (@thecarynliz) on Jun 1, 2013 at 1:17pm PDT

Archived