Who will sit the iron throne?

Swafford25

Rickon has no claim to the IT, and I think he is more likely to be in WF.

This is just who you would like to see, the Op said anybody, and at this point anyone who has the might can take the Iron throne. Ultimately it will more than likely be Jon in the North and Dany in the south by the end of the next book. With the culmination of the last book after everyone bands together to fight the others a reveal of all this hidden information on lineages and prophecy will lead to some type of North south reunion. But in my fantasy favorite ending Rickon sits in a rebuilt Harrenhall in the center of westeros, with the remaining COTF, WARGED DRAGONS, JON, and his two sisters at his side, dispenising hard northern justice. the end

tough call, but I think that maybe Dany will marry her nephews Jon and Aegon thus fulfilling "the dragon has three heads" and they will rule the seven kingdoms together after defeating the others in a climactic final battle

This is just who you would like to see, the Op said anybody, and at this point anyone who has the might can take the Iron throne. Ultimately it will more than likely be Jon in the North and Dany in the south by the end of the next book. With the culmination of the last book after everyone bands together to fight the others a reveal of all this hidden information on lineages and prophecy will lead to some type of North south reunion. But in my fantasy favorite ending Rickon sits in a rebuilt Harrenhall in the center of westeros, with the remaining COTF, WARGED DRAGONS, JON, and his two sisters at his side, dispenising hard northern justice. the end

I don't think Jon will lead the North as there is still Stannis who won't step aside for anyone, and Jon is busy fighting the Others and resettling the wildlings.

I don't think there will be an iron throne in the end, but if I had to choose somone to rule I'd go with tyrion he's smart, bold and despite his flaws he is a good man. However I think dani will get it if its still around, as for people who pick Jon his job is going to be dealing with the others, if he makes it out alive, he wouldn't want the throne, if he has any seat of power it will be as king in the north, or king beyond the wall and/or ruins of the wall

I have no idea who will sit the throne because that's how awesomely written it is but I want Edric Storm to be legitimized by Stannis and take the throne because I've always felt that Edric or maybe even Gendry were born to make up for the mistakes of their father and uncles and save House Baratheon.

Martin said in an interview once that there will be a Monarch on the Iron Throne.

Link? I remember him saying something about someone "unexpected" or "surprising" sitting on it, which also works if "no one" is sitting on it. What I don't remember is him saying, "Yes, an actual human being will be sitting on the Iron Throne."

Link? I remember him saying something about someone "unexpected" or "surprising" sitting on it, which also works if "no one" is sitting on it. What I don't remember is him saying, "Yes, an actual human being will be sitting on the Iron Throne."

Also how coy can he be about it without giving the game away. If he implied in anyway that the throne might not exist by the end of the series then people would immediately pick up on it considering how much his work is pored over by the likes of us. I think if someone asked him 'will the throne be destroyed in the end' he would be more than willing to lie.

I believe GRRM said that several others will sit the Iron Throne before the series is over but he did not say that someone would sit it in the end.

As for who think will sit the throne. I think there are three different options: Dany, Jon or no one. Dany could marry either Jon or Aegon and still sit the throne, same goes for Jon and Dany. But it is entirely possible that no one sits the throne at the end.

I believe GRRM said that several others will sit the Iron Throne before the series is over but he did not say that someone would sit it in the end.

As for who think will sit the throne. I think there are three different options: Dany, Jon or no one. Dany could marry either Jon or Aegon and still sit the throne, same goes for Jon and Dany. But it is entirely possible that no one sits the throne at the end.

I agree. I really don't see anyone besides Jon or Dany on the throne.

When Sam wanted to pass through the black gate, there was a weirwood tree that made sure only sworn brothers could pass. These trees could work to filter the constitutionality of legislation. Some one could have one grow through the iron throne to act as symbolic sovereign once Westeros gets rid of the monarchy.

I think Jon and Dany will join together to fight the others in the North, and then stay in the North to rule there. I think Stannis will die killed eitherby the others or Melissandra's magic or possibly his own wife. I would like to see Tyrion rule the rest of Westeros with Sansa by his side, but I could totally see Littlefinger rule as king after killing off most of the leaders of the great houses. One way or another, I think Tyrion will at a minimum end up as lord of Casterly Rock.

I would like to see Tyrion rule the rest of Westeros with Sansa by his side, but I could totally see Littlefinger rule as king after killing off most of the leaders of the great houses.

Littlefinger will be brought low (or dead) by Sansa, imo. And I can't see Tyrion ruling Westeros, with or without Sansa.

Martin said in an interview once that there will be a Monarch on the Iron Throne.

Yes, there might well be. But it won't mean nothing if about half of the Lords Paramount end up crowning themselves à la Stark/Greyjoy. Like, fuck this claimant, imma be Queen of Dorne/King in the Rock/Whatever.

Archived