The absolute worst theory you have heard?

Spilly

The amazing Jon Snow is the amazing solution to every problem in the books, and every other character we have followed is completely tangential to his amazing storyline because he's the amazing song of ice and fire as he's the son of the perfectly amazing Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Did I mention he was amazing?

(before this turns into a flame war, I'm not complaining about R+L=J, but rather its perceived importance among the general fanbase)

Pretty much this yeah.

Robb is actually Brandon's son. But at this point I think we have to start calling them hypotheses.

This one can also be called idiocy...

Rhaegar is alive and is ________.

_________ is a secret Targaryen.

_________ is my favorite character and as such must be Azor Ahai.

Ned knocked up a fisherman's daughter because some third-hand 15-year-old gossip is proof of such thing.

And I think it's equally annoying when all of this is applied to Dany. It works both ways.

Agree with all of this.

And I think you have forgotten 2 most annoying invented facts that works as possible theories for the future:

1. Targaryens are fireproof...

2. Dragons are indicator of whether someone is Targaryen or not (paternity test for Tyrion, Aegon)

It`s cool to see you debating with dozen of people at the same time and winning... It`s like watching Aragon killing the Orcs :)

Howland Reed is Jojen Reed. He's been aging backwards.

Euron Crow's Eye is Daario.

Jon's parents aren't Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Tyrion is a Targaryen.

Eddard lives.

Some of these theories are such that if they turned out to be true, then I would be annoyed to the point of burning the books. At least this is true for the last three.

Well if you go back to the ASOIAF book series forum, you'll see above this topic another called: Was Renly Robert's son? (With some grammar mistakes i saved here)

Enough said.

Just saw that, it takes 1st place for worst theory.

LF is a self-made/ Renaissance man, and a force of good/ human progress.

Any theory in which Sansa is horse traded. Extra points for speculations about her virginity.

A + J = T, C, and/or J.

Ned warged into ___________ and is hanging out beyond the Wall.

Mance Rhaegar.

Theories that read like an excerpt from "The Many Adventures of Syrio Forel"

Theories in which dragons are the solution to every problem

It's not "stupid", I can see some evidence for it, but I would absolutely hate it if Euron = a shapeshifting warlock theory.

Though fortunately, I think if he was a warlock, he'd avoid having the obvious features from drinking shade of the evening.

Edit: Also Ned waring into Illyn Payne.

Yay ! I Claim to be the originator of Pyatt Pree = Euron so i'm very pleased to see it make an appearance hear in the worst theory thread.

I second you that this is one of the worst Theorys on the boards - that said it's still 100% true,

Archived