Football XLII - He buys what he wants, Sheikh Mansour, He buys what he wants!

Alex.

I am in mourning because the last day of the last day of the Premier League is essentially pointless. It's not meant to be like this :(

My local team, Dulwich Hamlet, have already finished their glorious promotion season as well.

The only shining light is that if Arsenal manage to not screw up and finish in third place I win roughly £700 from Paddypower.

But this is not enough. All you people from abroad - Which of your funny foreign leagues can I watch for some end of season excitement?

Edit: The Roman numerals - are they correct? I just added an extra "I" on to the end as a guess.

Okay, I'm not depressed anymore. Fellaini has come through on his promise earlier in the season and attached a Brillo pad to his head (or possibly died it silver):

http://www.whoateall...or-charity.html

One of the most coveted players in the Premier League, Marouane Fellaini, followed through on a promise he made earlier in the season.

The Belgian powerhouse had vowed to dye his magnificent afro silver if Everton fans raised £25,000 for the club’s official charity, Everton In The Community. And that they did.

Fair dues to Fellaini for going through with the makeover, though. Personally, I think he should keep it for next season too.

Excitement in all the major leagues has long since passed. It's quite remarkable how comfortable the best teams became champions in their respective countries.

Barca knew they'd be champions around January. United knew they'd be champions as soon as City were down 15 points, which was what, somewhere in March?

Bayern Munich were as good as certain champions around Christmas, with their amazing run.

PSG looks a fairly clear winner in France, and that certainly applies to Juventus as well.

As I mentioned in the last thread: the most exciting match in the 1st Bundesliga will be Freiburg-Schalke. Winner goes into the CL play-offs. I wonder if Freiburg's stadium even meets the CL criteria. Maybe they'd have to play their home games in Basel or something.

As I mentioned in the last thread: the most exciting match in the 1st Bundesliga will be Freiburg-Schalke. Winner goes into the CL play-offs. I wonder if Freiburg's stadium even meets the CL criteria. Maybe they'd have to play their home games in Basel or something.

Ahh, didn't see that in the last thread. Cheers! I will keep an eye out for the score.

Still fairly down that the only thing I have to look forward to in the Premier League is whether my bet comes through. Football isn't all about money after all.

Nonsense to cheer me up this week

i don't think UEFA would allow that, basel being in switzerland and all that...

I'm not sure that would be a huge deal. And it's much closer to Freiburg than Stuttgart, Karlsruhe or Hoffenheim.

only other instances of teams playing as hosts in other countries were in cases of stadium suspension or some other disciplinary measure.

or when partizan played against leeds some 10 years ago in netherlands, because "it was not safe to play in belgrade" or some other ridiculous excuse they used.

Atletico have beaten Real for the first time in like a hundred thousand years to win the Copa del Rey. I only saw parts of the game, did not look too impressive (hell, even Mourinho left early...), but good on Atletico. I'm sure they'll be back to their self-destructive ways soon enough.

Oh, there was lots of pettyness, plenty of cards (including two sendings-off) etc.

Atletico clearly weren't confident going in while Real gave off a sense of desperation to not lose this one. Add to that the fact that it's the Madrid derby and you've got all the ingredients for a nasty game.

mourinho got sent off, too.

Oh, yes. The only way this would be better it would be if Pepe got himself a red card as well, but I'm not sure if he played.

Anyway, Simeone is doing a real good job at Atlético, so good I almost forget how much of a dirty bastard he was when he played.

Nice.

Archived