[Spoilers] Strong Belwas

Fear not, I have it on good authority that Strong Belwas will be discovered eating at a spicy locust bistro on the road to Meereen, foreshadowing future deeds. He will fight a hero of Meereen outside its walls instead of outside Yunkai, no harm done, lots of actor standing around doing little for a whole season avoided.

Agreed, he seems more like his bookish self lately

They really have plenty of time to develop Tormund also. He wasn't even part of the climbing party in the books. We didn't really start to get to know him until after the battle at the Wall. At this point in the books, Tormund had much less time, is all I'm saying. We have seasons of Tormund to look forward to, thankfully, too, because I love Tormund. I just hope the show can last a few more seasons and really hook people. I'm almost worried viewership might decline after the RW.

It would be fun to see him, but he isn't necessary. If they find they can't have Jorah or Selmy take on his duel, they can easily add him in any number of ways, but - aside from humor - I don't see a need to have him.

Considering they've also confirmed no Strong Belwas, I think it is safe to say we won't be seeing him though.

I agree with all that. He can add some levity to that part of the story, but is totally unnecessary.

I don't really mind the lack of Strong Belwas, to be honest.

Belwas is cool.

I liked the fact that he was a pit fighter and I liked his jovial attitude.

I hope that they at least mention the pit-fighting in Slaver's Bay because it will make Selmy much more bad ass when he kills the undefeated pitfighter in one of dany's sieges.

Oh they'll definitely have the pit fighting and I quite like Strong Belwas too, but to be hones his character really isn't interesting and is basically quite jarring if we were to watch a great big man on screen like ''ME SPEAK LIKE THIS'' you know what I mean.

Oh they'll definitely have the pit fighting and I quite like Strong Belwas too, but to be hones his character really isn't interesting and is basically quite jarring if we were to watch a great big man on screen like ''ME SPEAK LIKE THIS'' you know what I mean.

You didnt find Belwas interesting when he went in front of the walls and took a dump in front of the opposing army?

lol.

Belwas is anything but boring. I think he was one of the bright spots in the Slavers Bay chapters when we are all starting to get bored with Essos and are itching to see her leave for Westeros already...

I thought he was hilarious but taking a shit don't show complexity of character :P

I like Belwas, I just don't have a problem with him not being cast. Dany has enough people around her atm. Considering she's got more advisers than Robb atm LOL.

Well he serves no purpose for the show because they blew it by giving up the Barriston reveal right away. That is the biggest thing of this season that I dislike. The build up of Whitebeard and his eventual reveal (squire with a stick) followed by calling out Jorah for being the spy was a huge part of the Dany story line IMO.

The Whitebeard scenario wouldn't have worked on the show. People would recognise the face, and would thus just drag out the time until the "reveal". Barristan still has plenty of time to call out Jorah as a spy.

You didnt find Belwas interesting when he went in front of the walls and took a dump in front of the opposing army?

I guess we have conflicting ideas of "interesting".

They really have plenty of time to develop Tormund also. He wasn't even part of the climbing party in the books. We didn't really start to get to know him until after the battle at the Wall. At this point in the books, Tormund had much less time, is all I'm saying. We have seasons of Tormund to look forward to, thankfully, too, because I love Tormund. I just hope the show can last a few more seasons and really hook people. I'm almost worried viewership might decline after the RW.

Why do you think so? Many viewers were shocked at Ned's execution, but that didn't cause the ratings to plummet, and he was a far more prominent and likable character..If anything I think it reinforces the notion that no one is safe, and that is something viewers expect with the series.

I guess we have conflicting ideas of "interesting".

lol, exactly.

I quite like this idea though:

They could give Belwas a cameo as a pitfighter that would be a nice thing to do, give a little smile to the book fans that would know who he is.

Him jst being a pit fighter might be a nice little nod.

lol.

Belwas is anything but boring. I think he was one of the bright spots in the Slavers Bay chapters when we are all starting to get bored with Essos and are itching to see her leave for Westeros already...

They'll just have Barristan take the shit.

The Whitebeard scenario wouldn't have worked on the show. People would recognise the face, and would thus just drag out the time until the "reveal".

Well, won't that be exactly what they'll have to do with "Alayne" in the Eyrie?

In any case, I think it could have worked with Ser Arstan, but I don't think it really hurt the story for them to skip it.

Well, won't that be exactly what they'll have to do with "Alayne" in the Eyrie?

In any case, I think it could have worked with Ser Arstan, but I don't think it really hurt the story for them to skip it.

But we know Sansa is Alayne as a reader, so there was never any mystery there either. So it will just be what it is in the books.

I don't think we will be having any Belwas this season or any other. he was fun, but not a crucial character, they might not have time for the scene of him killing a man out side he city, he is also a very animated larger than life character, not always practical for a TV adaption. the only issue I can see arising from this is figuring out who will need to eat the poisoned locusts during the events of the fighting pits in Mereen, which anyone can do really, provided they die.

Archived