The most boring pov character?

Jon Snow R+L=J

I really liked the Greyjoys and Iron Islands so I was excited to read Aeron/Damphair's chapters but they were just... I don't know? Slow and kind of flat? I wish there were more Victarion chapters rather than Aeron.

I was kind of surprised that there are so many people complaining about Arys Oakheart and Hotah's chapters (which I find bizarre because, combined, they only have 3 or 4 chapters?) because I absolutely love Dorne and I'll take any PoV from there I can get.

Overall, Bran, Areo, Damphair

In each book:

GoT - Sansa, god was she a pain in this book.

CoK - Bran

SoS - Bran, really the only blemish in an otherwise perfect book.

FfC - Areo, Arys, Aeron

DwD - Tyrion, Daenarys

Btw, unrelated to the topic, but why do so many of the PoV character names sound so similar? Areo, Arys, Aeron, Arya, Arianne...

The only chapters that i found boring in the entire series are Arya's first few POV's at a Storm of Swords.

Why does most people hate stuff in/about Dorne by the way?

Dorne's Ok except for the Sandsnakes. I find them a cliche and I just keep picturing Charlie's Angels every time they're mentioned. Lethal and attractive women being sent on dangerous and undercover assignments.....ugh.

Interesting, I found her chapters to the most iinteresting of AFFC... with the exception of jaime probably

IMO they got boring after a little while; such extreme mindsets should be read about in sparing amounts I think. Maybe a few less chapters would've been good.

Arys

Dany

Damphair

Tyrion (some chapters in DwD were very hard to get through)

Sansa (book 1)

I actually liked Areo's because of how simple minded he came across as. It didnt take up a lot of book space (what 2 chapters?). I liked having some insight to the different cultures of warriors in Westeros.

The only chapters that i found boring in the entire series are Arya's first few POV's at a Storm of Swords.

Why does most people hate stuff in/about Dorne by the way?

I think it's because the characters are mostly...kinda bland, lacking in personality. Quentyn, Areo, Arys, Arianne, they're not exactly brimming with character. Couple that with the fact that they are introduced so late and therefore people aren't invested in them, and laughable characters like Darkstar and you have a losing formula.

Interesting, I found her chapters to the most iinteresting of AFFC... with the exception of jaime probably

I agree. It was the first book she was a POV in and we got to see her completely fall from power over the course of her chapters. Her delusions were pretty entertaining to read as well.

It seems most people don't like all the different minor POVS, I actually found it more entertaining. I think it might have been cool if, say, one of Brans travelling chapters had been narrated by Meera. Or even just having someone really random and small narrate a big event, like a guard in Cersei's walk of shame. I love the prologue/epilogue chapters, anyway. Maester Cressens chapter is amongst my favourite ever.

• 1 month later...

AGOT: i like em all

ACOK: at first i wasnt realy into davos but he turned out to be pretty badass

ASOS: everything in this book is excellent.

AFOC: this is where the pain begins. Brienne, jaime, arienne, damphair,asha or yara greyjoy, victarion, where all boring as shit for me

ADWD: jon snow was much less exciting as i though he would be, asha greyjoy, melisandre tyrion was dissapointing, dany was boring as fuck and the worst of all was quenten martel.

areo chapters were pretty awesome in my opinion and victarion was better in ADWD

Archived