I agree

Either let him meet up with Dany already or get him out of the story

I was waiting for that to happen in ADWD and it pissed me off that it never did

"I'm gonna go to Dany now."

"Nah, I'm gonna totally send this other Targ kid west. It'll be hilarious."

"Nah, I'm going to meet another dwarf and totally not bang her."

"Nah, I'm gonna be a slave."

"Nah, I'm gonna be a mercenary."

And as for Jon Snow, I've always viewed him as more of a vehicle than a character, he moves the plot along, but little else. Given the Wall is the most, in the long term, important front of the story, it needs a vehicle up there.

LOL, Jon the Plot Device. Uhh no. Dude is very much his own person. The definitive Plot Device character is Aegon/Young Griff. That guy exists to move the plot in interesting ways.

Most boring POV? Hai Damphair, how ya doin? This guy is like watching paint dry. Areo Hotah has the benefit of being The Fly On A Dornish Wall, so his chapters dont smell very bad. Damphair? Omg. What is this guy's purpose? Hes hardly a good fly on the wall, and he does nothing to move the plot. Bleh. Arys Oakheart was pretty pointless too. Victarion gets a special mention for being dumb as a post and hardly interesting.

I have to agree that Jon is a boring character. I really like most of his chapters, because interesting things happen on them and there are other great characters that share those events with Jon (like Edd, Stannis and Tormund), but as a character he's pretty boring and uninteresting.

I didn't mean to say that he wasn't his own character, but because I don't think he's there because of his personality. Tyrion's personality is very very very prevalent in his PoVs, and Ned's honor and political ineptitude bleeds in his chapters. What does Jon have? Ned's honor plus.... A chip on his shoulder from being a bastard born. So why's he there? To show us the Wall, to give us a frame of reference and move along the story.

K.

Rationally thinking person with subtle nuance = boring.

Yet for some reason Sansa isnt being mentioned as "eyes to the more interesting characters".

:dunno:

It's not that. It's that he's the obvious hero. The one true good guy of the story. He only does good for the sake of good. He's one of the least grey characters of the story, and that makes him boring to me.

Damphair and Daenerys have the most boring chapters for me.

A special mention goes to Victarion, his chapters arent really boring but he is so dumb... I was really surprised so many people liked Victarion in that thread about who is the biggest *badass*.

all the ironborn so boring, dorne thru areo i think was a mistake he's like davos 2.0 ( but not as cool) trying to make a boring man look interesting.

but if i had to pick one i would say Brienne her chapters on excruciatingly slow, i know shes not suppose to find sansa straight away but she should have had 1/3 of her chapters cut as nothing happens but describing every leave and speck of dust to detail.

Archived