The Unpopular Opinions Thread!

Pinkie Baelish

The TV version of the House of the Undying was exponentially better than the book version.

B-b-but... Rhaegar! The awesome RW foreshadowing! :frown5:

Although, the snowy throne room was pretty cool.

1. Sansa betrayed her family when she lied in front of King Robert.

2. Sansa betrayed her family when she told Cersei Ned's plan.

Especially when House Tully's words are "Family, Duty, Honor.".

2. Catelyn should have stayed dead. Not because I dislike her character(I don't), but I thought that the Red Wedding was pretty much the perfect tragic conclusion to her arc. Unless Lady Stoneheart has something to do with meeting her kids in the future, I'm still unsure as to whether I think resurrecting her was the best way to go.

How is this unpopular? The vast majority of the fandom hates resurrections in general and Lady Stoneheart's existence.

How is this unpopular? The vast majority of the fandom hates resurrections in general and Lady Stoneheart's existence.

Do they? I didn't know that. Given the positive reaction to the ASOS epilogue and LS's "hang all Freys" stance, I didn't think that she was unpopular.

Whilst I don't necessarily agree it's what Ned would have done, taking Winterfell was smart. But trying to hold it was never going to work. The smart thing to do was what Asha told him, take the boys and burn Winterfell to the ground.

If R+L=J is true then we have witness Ned actually do a similar act, in how by protecting Jon he is willing to commit treason against his king and best friend in order to stay true to his sister and family.

I would argue that if Balon/Asha had ordered an couple hundred Ironborn reinforcements to Winterfell then they could have easily used those numbers to ward off any attack that Northern remnants can press against Theon. Furthermore, that would draw these Northern remnants away from the coasts and the Moat thus further solidifying Ironborn efforts in seizing those territories.

Bringing people back from death is evil. Certainly with the wights, but also with the Red God: Beric, Catelyn should have stayed dead. This also means I will be greatly disappointed if Jon comes back from the death, even if it is with salt and blabla. Dead is dead, it's a concept that shoudn't be messed with. (so I hope Jon just didn't die)

Do they? I didn't know that. Given the positive reaction to the ASOS epilogue and LS's "hang all Freys" stance, I didn't think that she was unpopular.

I think she is (Unpopular). Ive seen the "Cat shouldn't have been resurrected" opinion form a lot of people. Their reasons were different though.

The Others aren't the big bad wolves. Puddles was just trying to be friendly.

The TV version of the House of the Undying was exponentially better than the book version.

After rewatching that scene several times, I think I might somewhat agree with this. They conveyed a lot in that scene with very few words. I'm not entirely sure if that would have worked well in a written text, but it definitely worked well on screen, so much that it's become one of my favorite scenes.

2. Sansa betrayed her family when she told Cersei Ned's plan.

Ned betrayed Sansa and Arya (in addition to his own men and Robert) when he warned Cersei about knowing of the incest. In how, he placed all of them in danger of her attempts at counter attacks.

Archived