[Book Spoilers] Catelyn @ the end

I know that's what you meant. I meant that since they couldn't approach while she threatened the wife they would be a bit away from her when Catelyn killed her. They probably weren't in a huge hurry either since Cat wasn't a threat. I'm not arguing against you, I'm just saying that while you might find it funny it's at least not very strange.

There were 4 dudes with crossbows aimed at her from the balcony, too. I don't really care, but it's funny that you are trying to point out why my amusement isn't justified.

Again, you're assuming they're actually going to throw her body into the river. They have deviated from the books on many small details so there's no way to predict what's going to happen to her or how she's going to look. While yes, it makes the most sense because that's what happened in the book, but this isn't the books and you should know by now they come up with all sorts of alternative ways to handle the plot, even changing it entirely sometimes.

it's already 100% clear that Lady Stoneheart, if she exists at all on the show, isn't going to look as horrific as she did in the book - she didn't claw her face off before she died. Don't count on them making her face or body bloated and drowned looking either, whether they throw her in the river or not. They've downplayed looks a lot in that respect - television actors all look much better on screen than they were depicted in the books for almost every character across the board, dead or alive.

I would assume that being in the Riverlands and bannermen of the house with a Sigil of a trout. That way they have shown them as honouring their dead, her father. They would return to the river. Frey's not concerned with the actual ritual, rather the act of the fish can sink/swim. Obviously that will bring about another course of flaws as pointed out. A ninja might be waiting to cart her corpse off. Making sense in the form of a brewer who provided the ale for the wedding who happens to be fishing nearby. The type of quick fix needed to solve this problem.. +1 pint rather a flaming sambuca. R'hllor knows spirits..The problem Thoros drinks often to hazey when slurring that his R'hllor magic was reanimation.

Or Edmure has Thoros on speed dial, the Blackfish is a brotherhood recruit, quite the herrings. Maybe Arya, impossible.The Hound takes her back. What a good dog that direwolf.

The Lannisters wanted Rob's head doubtful we will see a Man'dingo

There were 4 dudes with crossbows aimed at her from the balcony, too. I don't really care, but it's funny that you are trying to point out why my amusement isn't justified.

I didn't say that you couldn't be amused by it so don't play victim. I'm pointing out that the events play along in a plausible manner, which is obviously completely separate from if it can be found funny or not.

As for the guys with crossbows, they aren't seen at all after the show cuts to Arya and The Hound, so you're just making it up when you say that they are aiming at Catelyn, which is bad form in an argument. They were switching to new crossbows after every shot and they will of course not have an unlimited supply.

There's been rumors Michelle Fairley isn't going to play Lady Stoneheart and the producers want to make UnTalisa

I'm really angry now

is it true? :ack:

Snow White also looking possible...........

I didn't say that you couldn't be amused by it so don't play victim. I'm pointing out that the events play along in a plausible manner, which is obviously completely separate from if it can be found funny or not.

As for the guys with crossbows, they aren't seen at all after the show cuts to Arya and The Hound, so you're just making it up when you say that they are aiming at Catelyn, which is bad form in an argument. They were switching to new crossbows after every shot and they will of course not have an unlimited supply.

Watch it again, man. She grabs the wife and all of the guys with crossbows on the balcony take aim at her in sync. It never cuts to Arya after that. I'm not making shit up haha. I don't care enough about this argument to just fabricate something so I'm right. But please don't insult my integrity when you're the one who is wrong. That I do care about.

There's been rumors Michelle Fairley isn't going to play Lady Stoneheart and the producers want to make UnTalisa

I'm really angry now

is it true? :ack:

Rumours that as far as I can tell have originated and are pretty much exclusivelyimoted to this forum lol

Haven't heard any rumors about it other than here either.

On the rumor itself, I think it's quite implausible. I always thought of Talisa as an adaptation choice that was made in order to make aged up Robb's story more believable and to give him more screen time. Without Robb, Talisa is nothing. I personally have never been fully on board with the resurrection stuff that comes into ASOS. I'll reserve judgment until UnCat plays out its full course. But my initial reaction to Beric was an eye roll and I still wasn't wowed when his purpose became clear.

I bet some people are going to say the show jumped the shark when they see UnCat anyway, even without a trol to book readers like UnTalisa or better still, UnRos.

I think a lot of book fans were pretty vocal about their dislike of the unCat story arc - so perhaps they will leave it out altogether. I'm not sure how that will change things for the BWB or Brienne's story lines but unless there's some big future payoff for why resurrected Catelyn was critical to the story's end, they could definitely leave out unCat for the show.

I think a lot of book fans were pretty vocal about their dislike of the unCat story arc - so perhaps they will leave it out altogether. I'm not sure how that will change things for the BWB or Brienne's story lines but unless there's some big future payoff for why resurrected Catelyn was critical to the story's end, they could definitely leave out unCat for the show.

I suppose it might be possible to replace UnCat with the Blackfish. As a survivor of the Red Wedding, I suppose he could fill the role of "vengeance" even if he's not dead.

But like some others have said, I can't fathom why they'd have gone with the Beric resurrection if they didn't like the concept.

This is what happens when people don't read the books, they makes it up as they go along. Her role of vengeance has left a huge cliffhanger as we wait for the next book, in both Brienne and Jamie's arc's. Some of her vengance priror has claimed quite a few of the Frey kin leaving the Riverlands unstable.

Actionless series all for the drama but leaves gaps.

The hound is logic here but that creates problems, even though the Tickler is already dead, he is still a babysitter. She would also kill him. This would make an easier explanation to her as the same character without any facepainted. Or ninja shadows stole the body via the Blackfish who stepped out for a swim.

nah... there will be unCat. Fairly is just hamming it up. This is her Jesus moment.

It is important to the story of from the remaining stark children in some way.....not just Brienne and Jaime. Since she is becoming evil one of the remaining kids will have to put her down. Although it also works well with Brienne in that in eventully making this realization also becomes an oathbreaker like Jaime.

The transition that Cat is going through is worked up through for a long time in the story and will not be abandoned. She tells Brienne in the Hall that she senses the change in herself after learning of Bran and Rickon. Is the opposite character development as compared to Jaime or perhaps the hound.

Freys throw her in the river cause she is a Tully in mockery of funeral custom. It don't work with Talisa

The fish swims infused with water magic from her house genetic's carried all the way down stream to R'hllor open arms. Looking for the lack of any make up explanation. After lapping that rivers course, hearing various decriptions on how large that river is from many cast in many episodes their weeks of travel along the Trident and it's many forks.. Thoros save us....

If you liked how the series did Cat's reaction just because you did, fine. If there were practical considerations such as Lady Stoneheart's make-up for the future ala Tyrion's nose, fine.

But to the people claiming it would've been "too over-the-top" and therefore cheesy? Really?? As Ran said, this is THE most operatic scene of the series. It isn't coming after Tywin casually talking to Cersei or something; it's the climax of a scene that has already reveled in carnage and bloodshed and chaos. I find it hard to believe the casuals would've been gripped by it until Cat clawed her face then all of a sudden switched to, "That's silly." It would've been just as harrowing as the books if directed well.

I guess it all depends on how they did the effects and Michelle's acting ability really. I think it's fair to say it could have turned out badly done. Not over the top necessarily, but definitely could have come out 'cheesy' though I can't think of many scenes that were cheesy in the dramatic or gore dept so far. Well except for Talisa being stabbed repeatedly by a Frey ninja shanking style. That almost went into the cheesy range for me but I'm not as critical of it as some viewers have been. My complaint was more about how it upstaged the tragedy of Robb Stark and his Mother with horror movie gruesomeness.

Is Michelle Fairley staying on? From reading the interviews after the episode aired I got the impression she wasn't.

Actors lie all the time to prevent spoilers. Certain cast members from The Dark Knight Rises and Star Trek Into Darkness said that they were not playing certain characters when they actually were.

At any rate, this will most likely be Michelle's last season as a starring cast member. After this she'll probably be listed at the end of the guest stars, like Jason Momoa was.

I always liked Lady Stoneheart, and I especially like her handling of the Freys. Also as a person that loves animals far more than people, I have to appreciate anyone who does so much to make sure the crows in Westeros don't go hungry this winter. I mean she could have just killed the Freys and left them laying, but she went through the trouble of hanging every single one in a tree so the crows could reach them easier. I blows my mind how anyone could see as her evil after such an act of selfless charity.

Watch it again, man. She grabs the wife and all of the guys with crossbows on the balcony take aim at her in sync. It never cuts to Arya after that. I'm not making shit up haha. I don't care enough about this argument to just fabricate something so I'm right. But please don't insult my integrity when you're the one who is wrong. That I do care about.

You were right, I must have skipped just past it when I hurriedly checked the scene but it's correct that they are aiming at her. I don't have any problems admitting when I'm wrong and I was this time.

The fact remains that I didn't state that you couldn't be amused by it though.

Archived