Daenerys gets the Horn.

Willster328

Don't know how my friends and I hadn't thought of this sooner, or how we haven't seen more mention on it sooner on the forum. But our most recent theory is that Daenerys will get the Horn of the Dragons from Victarion when she returns to Slaver's Bay and use it to control her Dragons.

As we've seen, outside of Drogon (Who we're still not fully convinced it synched to Daenerys), the other two are wild, untame-able, and off on their own causing havoc. We think it's entirely possible that when she returns, Victarion will either lose to her, and she'll gain the horn. Or he will submit to her, giving her the horn as well as the Fleet of Ships (Which she had been looking for, and wanted to gain through her marriage).

The biggest kicker to this, is that we know that the Horn will burn up the lungs of whoever blows yet. Yet Daenerys is immune to burning, which should mean that she can blow the horn and communciate with Dragons no problem.

The other kicker to it, is that Euron found the horn in his travels to Valyria, which would explain how a Targaryen might have it and use it in order to tame thier dragons. As we've mentioned, we don't really know how the Targaryens ever tamed their dragons. Perhaps it was through the use of a horn like this one. And so now, Daenerys will use this horn to tame/control her dragons, and be able to continue her conquest.

I think the insane Dany hate that exists out there is clouding some people's judgment. Dany was partly immune to fire on the occasion of the egg hatching and has on several occasions demonstrated an enhanced ability to withstand heat. I don't think that it follows that she can certainly blow the horn without any problem but there are crazier theories out there.

I think the insane Dany hate that exists out there is clouding some people's judgment. Dany was partly immune to fire on the occasion of the egg hatching and has on several occasions demonstrated an enhanced ability to withstand heat. I don't think that it follows that she can certainly blow the horn without any problem but there are crazier theories out there.

She has no fire immunity, is was MMD and/or the red comet doing. And heat resistance =/= flame resistance, some ppl like steaming bath, some not, they arent magical.

Nobody likes the kraken Horn. Joramun this, Dragons That :(

Talk of the kraken has dropped off significantly in recent weeks. Ever since I began openly urinating on the idea to make it mine. Nobody wants to be associated with a peed-on kraken while I'm still pimping it, but you just watch what happens a couple months after I stop mentioning a Greyjoy kraken attack on Euron's fleet. Give it time, and all of a sudden you'll hear people talking about it again like it's the sports lock of the week. Just not while the kraken's appeal is momentarily eclipsed by my personal crack.

Yeah imagine someone brining a Dragon horn to Dragons, crazy I know. I thought they should take it north of the wall and hope to come across a dead dire wolf with 6 pups for six kids and blow it to tame them. Maybe it would make them all Wargs.

*Liked*

I know Martin has stated that Dany is not immune to fire but that it was some type of magic during that event that led to the hatching of the dragon eggs and dany remaining unburnt. However knowing she survived the pyre and that those that blow this horn are burnt on the inside. also considering that she is of the blood of old valaryia where the horn is from and could possibly survive blowing said horn. This theory seems logical. Plus if I remember clearly Dany can read and speak valaryian so the glyphs on the horn for her will be readable. Providing instruction on how to used said horn.

Try setting your own hair on fire, if you like. Report the results here. Bonus points for uploading a video of this event to YouTube, so we can all see!

Dunno if you're joking but I've actually seen videos of (common) people doing that. They don't get hurt and they aren't secret targaryen as fas as I know.

she at the very least has to have a freakishly high tolerance to fire. with the dragon rides and fire birth

Why would she have any tolerance? She is just human. That is like saying the Boltons are immune to being flayed, or the Lannisters are never attacked by lions.

Won't comment on what I think of Ran, but just wonder how it's explained that her clothes did not burn, unless they had fireproof powers.

I love reading fantasy but I hate the magic. I have such a hard time wrapping my head around it sometimes.

I'm being lazy and not looking up quotes, but what happened to the blood on the horn? Did it like absorb in it or something? The Horn of Joramun is the comparable opposite of the dragon horn, right? I wonder if the same concept would be applied there.

You know the part where I wrote "spoiler" I wrote that for a reason. Though you can find the quotes I am talking about just not in general. And they are not quotes they are someone repeating something read by Martin.

Love fantasy and hate magic? I think you mean you love fiction, fantasy almost all has magic and super natural properties it's part of it's genre. I don't hate magic but sometimes it can be really hard to grasp. This does this but not all the time, but sometimes, but if they are made it does it all the time unless they are to mad or it is raining from the east and a cat is playing with a ball. Martins work is very much fiction heavy with some magic, but I expect the magic will have it's moment. It's like the series, AGOT was plot driven with good character building, but the last couple of books have been character driven with not as much plot advancement. Starts off light with magic but it probably is going to get heavier.

You don't have to comment on anyone, but I thank Elio and Linda for the site and hard work on the site. I like to get insight from everyone, and clearly Martin likes them, as they do editing work for him, are writing a book with him, and when he has a question he calls them.

You may wantto look up excerpts from the chapters Martin has read from WOW. You will get some stuff on Selmy and Vic, aside from the stuff posted on his site. That is if you haven't already read that stuff. Blood magic and binding horns. You can own the horn but not blow it, use three men to blow it instead of one.

Why didn't her close burn? Tell you what I will look at the chapter again. I guess I wont be the first guy looking up why a woman's close didn't burn off but leave her unharmed, though I do admit I feel a little creepy doing it.

Why would she have any tolerance? She is just human. That is like saying the Boltons are immune to being flayed, or the Lannisters are never attacked by lions.

for reasons I have already stated more than once.

i dont think roasting marshmallows or Youtube videos are same as what happened in the books.

again im not claiming she is immune.

the Boltons ARE most likely better at flaying than any

other people.

the Lannisters may indeed be more experienced with Lions than others.

and Starks likely better with wolves than others.

and Dany and certain Targs may have a higher tolerance to fire than normal.

Archived