To email or not to email...

Mormont'sRaven

:grouphug: Threda Don't beet yourself up, we all make mistakes.

also don't worry about any scene you may have caused You where emotioanlly invested in this job, you have been stressing over it for a while, worring about what to wear. Its only natural and normal to well fall apart a bit. I'd be more worried if you didn't in some way. re-pressing your feelings can be bad for you. Oh and 2 since this happened in Cardiff - it was all part of your imagination anyway. - (this is my lame a chesey attempt to get a half hearted almost smile from you)

:grouphug:

it's just i really, really need a job, have applied to countless places and this was the only positive response i've got. i need a job so i'll actually be able to pay my rent because my damn student loan comes in super late (stupid thing)

i bet i will look back at this when im a few years older and laugh at how hysterical and upset i was.

thank you all :grouphug:

oh yes pebbles, perhaps it was all just a dream!! hehehe =D

still super worried about my dad, keep looking to the clock. even tho i know the worst that can happen is he shouts at me, insults my intelligence and ignores me for the 4 hour drive home. but still, i constantly insult myself on a daily basis i dont need both parents joining in.

but i deserve it, this definitely was my fault for not reading the damn thing properly.

If I could give you a Job I would.

Realistiaclly speaking the only Jobs I could potentially off would be Someone to water the plants while I'm on holiday. But since your so far away I guess I'd have to offer accomidation as well. then I would need to know if you have any experiance chasing off Burgulars, or I wouldn't feel you would be safe.

Theda, that kind of thing has happened to all of us I'm sure, I once misread the dates and had my family take an 11 hour round trip to drop me off a week too early at university. Luckily for me some itinerant Cumbrians took me in for a few days and fed me marmalade for my sins - which apparently are considerable since I can't stand marmalade. My God, when I type this my life seems so strange, yet it all made some kind of sense at the time. Hmm, never mind.

Theda, have you gone to any recruitment agencies? Bang yourself up a couple of CVs one that stresses that you can type, answer the phone and look smart the other that stresses your ability to working flexible hours and extreme level of hyper human physical fitness. Go to agencies, ask them what kinds of contracts they have and what they are looking for, if they say industrial then give them the second cv, if office based then the first one. Then phone them regularly and ask if there is a vacancy for you.

Realistiaclly speaking the only Jobs I could potentially off would be Someone to water the plants while I'm on holiday. But since your so far away I guess I'd have to offer accomidation as well. then I would need to know if you have any experiance chasing off Burgulars, or I wouldn't feel you would be safe.

Also she could be allergic to fox manure. You never know.

I once had to take a long, full-day car ride with my father that I knew would be one long lecture about how I was a disappointment and a fuck-up; all I can say is that the anticipation of that ride was worse than the ride itself. It'll be over in a few hours, and for me anyway the waiting was the worst of it. I hope this is true for you too.

I agree. The rubber bands tear your hair terribly.

Just got turned on to those hair ties from the picture by a friend. I had accepted rubberband-hairloss as part of having long hair, so this is a major improvement.

<threadjack>

Just got turned on to those hair ties from the picture by a friend. I had accepted rubberband-hairloss as part of having long hair, so this is a major improvement.

Wow. I thought everybody uses those similar to the one on the picture. Why torture oneself.

Silly men. You should also be using moisturizer on your face after washing it every day :P

I am a girl, and do not do that ... should I? :leaving:

<threadjack>

I'm good with plants and flowers, I swear!

hehehe.

i have applied for an 8 week summer internship marketing for the cardiff counselling service, i hope this goes well, i'd be really good at this. i've sent them a nice covering letter and everything! it's specifically for cardiff uni students too. 220 quid a week for 2 months, i'd be so pleased if i got that and at least then it would be something good to make my CV a bit less...well...empty.

Theda, that kind of thing has happened to all of us I'm sure, I once misread the dates and had my family take an 11 hour round trip to drop me off a week too early at university. Luckily for me some itinerant Cumbrians took me in for a few days and fed me marmalade for my sins - which apparently are considerable since I can't stand marmalade. My God, when I type this my life seems so strange, yet it all made some kind of sense at the time. Hmm, never mind.

Theda, have you gone to any recruitment agencies? Bang yourself up a couple of CVs one that stresses that you can type, answer the phone and look smart the other that stresses your ability to working flexible hours and extreme level of hyper human physical fitness. Go to agencies, ask them what kinds of contracts they have and what they are looking for, if they say industrial then give them the second cv, if office based then the first one. Then phone them regularly and ask if there is a vacancy for you.

Also she could be allergic to fox manure. You never know.

Hmmm, I should try this really. Due to being in Cornwall for the summer, I've had to apply online for everything so far. Might be a lot better to move up straight away when I can into my new flat in Cardiff and just give in my CV's by hand, make sure to woo them with my undeniable charm (lol)

i'm not allergic to manure, i'm from cornwall! it's everywhere!

I am sorry, Theda. :grouphug:

Thanks, Buck <3

I once had to take a long, full-day car ride with my father that I knew would be one long lecture about how I was a disappointment and a fuck-up; all I can say is that the anticipation of that ride was worse than the ride itself. It'll be over in a few hours, and for me anyway the waiting was the worst of it. I hope this is true for you too.

yeh, in my head i know it's the waiting that's worse, but i have a vivid imagination and always thiink of all the horrid ways scenarios could go.

he'll probably just be in a huff and ignore me for 4 hours after spending 5 to 10 mins shouting at me at my nans house, whilst my dad tells him to shut up, heh.

Theda:

If they question your motives after this screwup, remind them that you are more mad at yourself for today, because obtaining a job is critical to your getting the hell away from them :P

i don't think they'd appreciate the sass :P

Rubber band hair loss *shudder*

other than scrunchies - which I still do not understand what the issue is. I liked these Espeically the smaller sizes for use when putting up less hair or with pigtails.

Hm, I feel I do not understand what scrunchie is here ... are those bands you linked called scruncies too, or only the really big ones? I can think that some employers might have a problem with wearing this, but I see absolutely no problem with those. :dunno:

The first one you linked is a Scrunchie (or what we called them in school many years ago) - and I don't see what the problem with them is. you can wear a plain not patterend one in a smart office and still have tridy hair.

your second link shower hair clips or snap clips and normal hair bands (which also tend to rip out hair - not as much as elastic bands and depends on quality)

what I linked is more of a toweling eleasticated hair band. I don't know if they have a special name.

edit can I just say I love the topics covered in this thread and we are only on page 4.

The first one you linked is a Scrunchie (or what we called them in school many years ago) - and I don't see what the problem with them is. you can wear a plain not patterend one in a smart office and still have tridy hair.

your second link shower hair clips or snap clips and normal hair bands (which also tend to rip out hair - not as much as elastic bands and depends on quality)

what I linked is more of a toweling eleasticated hair band. I don't know if they have a special name.

Thanks for the explanations!

In my experience, they do not rip out hair, but it is true that it depends on quality. I find those without the metal part better.

edit can I just say I love the topics covered in this thread and we are only on page 4.

I agree! :D

Yeah, that first link shows scrunchies. And I am not so sure it's employers who have a problem as much as the fashion police like Ninja lol

Okay, fair enough.

The problem is, a scrunchy is the opposite of neat and clean. The are casual and grungy. Adults have many options they can wear in their hair. If you are a grown woman, you don't need the hair accessories of a 5 year old in the work place. Hillary Clinton was a scrunchy fan. I think her staff banned her from wearing them after loads of people commented on how unprofessional it was.

That sounds incredibly anal retentive to me. And snobbish as well, with the" adults don't wear that" line. There is nothing wrong with a plain, discreet scrunchie.

ETA: Neither scrunchies or rubber bands should be used on your hair. Try something like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/16/Hair_ties.jpg/220px-Hair_ties.jpg

Those are only marginally better than plain rubber bands wrt hair loss, although I agree it depends on the quality. On the other hand, I don't think it makes one look more properly attired or more professional in and of itself. It's as possible to look messy with one or the other, and the opposite as well.

I personally don't see the problem, besides the fashion police and Sex and the City deciding at some point that people don't wear scrunchies. Although even then apparently they are making a come back among fashion designers.

I understand not all places of work being comfortable with certain colors, or big thick ones with lots of fluff, or if the tying is not neat, but otherwise it seems like certain people attaching a disproportionate moral judgement to the mere act of wearing one.

I have never seen a single episode of Sex and the City or any of the movies. I refuse. Can't do it.

Although, I think I may get something like this to wear when I want to embarrass my kids at back to school night

http://www.culch.ie/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/prom-scrunchie.jpeg

Scrunchies are super hipster, thanks to American Apparel...and the fanny pack (sometimes I do wish I had a fanny pack).

http://iamhilarious.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2009_06_aascrunchies.jpg

He gets all excited, thinking that he's proven his point, when Carrie asks the woman what part of New York she's from. The woman gets all excited having someone mistake her as a New Yorker when she's from Minneapolis or somewhere lol

Speaking as someone from Minneapolis, I would be damn insulted if someone mistook me for a New Yorker. Gods I hate how many New York people think all the hicks from the provinces want nothing more than to escape our wretched peasant hovels and find civilization.

Oh, fuck. I wear scrunchies all the time.

But...but...you are a big-time professional financial type person! How are you allowed such a heinously childish and unprofessional fashion accessory nightmare catastrophe?

(I mock...but I am wearing socks with sandals right now. So. Maybe I have no legs to stand on here :D )

Oh, fuck. I wear scrunchies all the time.

You wear them to work? Say, you're in a board meeting, and your hair is in a scrunchie?

Also, I am not a snob, I just have a weird issue with appropriate attire based on location For instance, I hate when people have like, a leather Coach bag at the zoo, (another thing, I hate "signature print" anything and obvious labels), or people at the zoo in heels...which 1. looks stupid and 2. how is that comfortable??? I also cannot stand when I go to something at school for the kids, and there are parents there in freaking house shoes and pajama pants. Gross. But, as soon as I get home, the clothes are off and I am in comfy pants and a t-shirt. I love having friends over, except that when they are over it means I have to wear clothing, and my super awesome 80's lesbian gym teacher sweats have to stay in my room.

Serious question- aside from AA, where does one buy a scrunchie nowadays? Like an honest to god, flowery, 2in wide, scrunchie? I live in the Midwest, and haven't seen any. If any place is going to have them, I would think it would be the bible belt.

THEDA- you got to go through some of the interview or whatever it was, right? Don't feel bad for messing up. Everyone messes up. I mean, just look at all of these people who wear scrunchies! (I keed, guys). If you needed a cry to feel better, that's okay, (just don't do it in front of a potential employer). If your parents get pissy, oh well. You're trying to do something with your life, and it's a parents job to drive their spawn all over the fucking place to make sure they have opportunities and safety. Do you live near this job your wanting? I'm sorry, the travel description confused me, (most things do that require more than 3 steps).

LL- thanks, now this is in my head

Archived