Re-Cast Game of Thrones with actors from any era.

Weeping Sore

Basil Rathbone as Syrio Forrel

Tyler Mane as the GreatJon or a young Tyler as the SmallJon

Daniel Cudmore as Young Robert Baratheon (he wouldn't be right for the role but a young Clint Walker (he was/is 6'6") would work as well

Young Kevin Durand as Sandor Clegane (though a younger Rory McCann would work as well)

Laurence Harvey as Stannis. Katherine Hepburn as Catelyn. Put a silver wig on teenaged Elizabeth Taylor and she has the violet eyes of the Targaryens. If Brendan Lee had lived he would have been a good candidate for Oberyn. Margaret Hamilton as Barbery Dustin. The creepy boy from the Twilight Zone who wishes people into the corn as Jojen.

Laurence Harvey as Stannis. Katherine Hepburn as Catelyn. Put a silver wig on teenaged Elizabeth Taylor and she has the violet eyes of the Targaryens. If Brendan Lee had lived he would have been a good candidate for Oberyn. Margaret Hamilton as Barbery Dustin. The creepy boy from the Twilight Zone who wishes people into the corn as Jojen.

The twilight zone comment made me remember that the kid who played Charlie X on the original Star Trek is eerily like Jack Gleeson as Joffrey.

Steve McQueen - Jamie

Older Sean Connery - Blackfish

Young Antonio Banderas - Red Viper

Young Daniel Day Lewis - Jon Snow, Robb

Old Daniel Day Lewis - Little Finger or Tywin

Marilyn Monroe - Margery

youner Helen Mirren - Cersei

Clint Eastwood - Darkstar

Marlon Brando - Wyman

Young Al Pacino - Quinten

George C. Scott - Robert Baratheon

Young Robert De Niro - Ramsay

Jack Nicholson - The Mad King

Gladiator Russell Crowe - Jorah

Johnny Depp - Daario

Morgan Freeman - The Kindly Man

...nobody else could play Tyrion

Basil Rathbone as Syrio Forrel

Tyler Mane as the GreatJon or a young Tyler as the SmallJon

Daniel Cudmore as Young Robert Baratheon (he wouldn't be right for the role but a young Clint Walker (he was/is 6'6") would work as well

Young Kevin Durand as Sandor Clegane (though a younger Rory McCann would work as well)

Basil Rathbone was a great actor and swordsman.

I could also see Errol Flynn in his later, bloated years (a la "The Sun Also Rises) as King Robert.

Since this is a total fantasy topic, I've always picture Rhaegar as looking like a young Julian Sands:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Sands (see second picture where he has longer hair)

I'm talking really young, like when he was in A Room With A View (1985). His character in that film had a similar personality too; artistic, sensitive, prone to fits of melancholy interspersed by sudden and random acts of passion.

Basil Rathbone was a great actor and swordsman.

I could also see Errol Flynn in his later, bloated years (a la "The Sun Also Rises) as King Robert.

Since this is a total fantasy topic, I've always picture Rhaegar as looking like a young Julian Sands:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Julian_Sands (see second picture where he has longer hair)

I'm talking really young, like when he was in A Room With A View (1985). His character in that film had a similar personality too; artistic, sensitive, prone to fits of melancholy interspersed by sudden and random acts of passion.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Julian_Sands_Cannes_nineties.jpg

Excellent choice!

King Robert Baratheon- Kevin Durand- I know people have problems with fat suits, but that's all this guy would have needed. He would have nailed as Robert.

Ryan Hurst- he's the right age for Robert in the books and he's a large man. I just don't know if he could do an accent.

Rhys Parry Jones- He's seems like a larger version of Mark Addy, but he's around the same age as Addy, and I'm aiming for ages closer to the novels.

Queen Cersei Baratheon- Diane Kruger

Alice Eve

Katheryn Winnick

Ser Jaime Lannister- Charlie Hunnam

Lord Eddard Stark- Lee Pace

Lady Catelyn Stark- Carice van Houten- She would have been a very good Cat, in my mind.

Rachelle Lefevre

Lord Mace Tyrell- Mark Addy

Lord/Ser Garlan Tyrell- Oliver Jackson-Cohen

Ser Loras Tyrell- Aaron Tyler-Johnson

Lord Renly Baratheon- Sam Claflin

King/Lord Balon Greyjoy- Stephen Dillane

King Euron Greyjoy- James Purefoy

Victarion Greyjoy- Tyler Mane

Aeron Greyjoy- Sharlto Copley

Asha Greyjoy- Antje Traue

Tormund Giantsbane- Jouko Ahola

Lord Roose Bolton- Thomas Kretschmann

Jerome Flynn- I think he would have made a pretty good Roose.

Archived